Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Selklubber posted:

Says in this article that US army chicks get a sheewee: http://www.womenyoushouldknow.net/what-in-the-world-is-a-shewee/. Is that true or just bullshit? Looks like it's alot easier to piss with that. Instead of taking down your camo-pants, goretex-pants, wool underwear, netting underwear and panties while an old EOD guy and his dog stares and laughs at you you can just open the fly and go.

I am a upl and can confirm that this is a known entity to us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
TIL that is is hard as gently caress to set up a school to receive tuition assistance. So many loving hoops just to get mah gubermint cheese.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

psydude posted:

Government cheese? It's 4000 dollars (not even the IRS maximum) and requires you to be further indentured to the government for four years. For comparison, two companies that I recently interviewed with will pay up to $6200 in TA each year and only require that you stay with them for one year after you're done using it. It's better than nothing, I guess, but when you consider how much of a pain in the rear end it is to use, along with the ADSO, I wouldn't consider it a benefit as much as a way for them to rope you in past your obligation.

I still have four years before my first contract ends.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

not caring here posted:

Mine was 2 laps around the road track in a humvee, and I was considered good to go.

Then I drove 2 laps around the same road track in a tank, and was considered a driver.

My military license involved me sitting some safety course, then getting an eye test, and our master driver certifying me for god knows how many different vehicles that I'd not even heard of before.

A+ would military certify again.

Lol meanwhile in the reserves where there is no money it is nearly impossible to get anyone driver training unless they had a previous mil license from active duty or are put on adt orders for training. The only real chance we had to train/license drivers is AT and usually there are a ton of competing demands for other "more important"training.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Kaliber posted:

2/2 SCR.

It was snowing, we had some range, roads were black but we had permission to drive out from some noble. One flipped stryker, two strykers pile up, and 3 squads in the hospital. Good times besides the fact I had to go back out to the field as soon as the hospital released me.

gently caress 2/2 I had to support those re-ros last month and I still have ptsd about their bad calls.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Cole posted:

Is this even legal lmao

The question is, what do they do with Soldiers that don't have fb? Make them friend him on myspace?

I can't wait for this one to blow up.

Edit:
OER Bullet
-increased social network connectivity and likes per person 2000%

Dream Weaver fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 12, 2014

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Aranan posted:

"BC, I don't have facebook but I can make you my grindr friend [just don't be bad because we won't let you go to drag shows with us if you are]."

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

elite_garbage_man posted:

Goatse that mother fucker's wall

Invite him to farmville!

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

What fantasy version of Jersey are you in where it doesn't smell like poo poo?

I live in jersey and it doesn't smell that bad, unless... I've become accustomed to it... oh no! Also I was just at Fort Dix to buy new clothing shits and they were closed on monday, wtf Army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

11b1p posted:

I can't even log on from a computer where other people log on right before me!

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Locked thread