Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

psydude posted:

Dix is still infinitely better than Camp Shelby. Only really lovely thing is that everything closes at 6-7pm for some loving reason.

If they gave America an enema, Camp Shelby is where they'd stick the tube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

RichieHimself posted:

The burger stand at Camp Shelby introduced me to the frito pie. For that I am grateful, but if the entire place fell into a sinkhole I'd be cool with it.

As long as the gut truck made it out okay and kept delivering frito pie to the soldiers caught in the ruins.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

RichieHimself posted:

Some dickhead from the natty guard unit I was attached to on my last deployment sent his wife the complete roster of the squadron right before we redeployed. It contained everyone's full name, social, and the dates and times of their flights out of Iraq. The wife posted this roster to facebook.

Same thing happened with my Guard unit.

That was the first of three times I ended up getting an e-mail from the Adjutant General's office saying "your social may have been publicly released by us but it's not our fault, you may want to look into getting LifeLock or something."

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

And the other two riveting tales?
:allears:

The second was the time some chucklefuck posted something or other to the public side of the state website instead of the internal server. I don't even know what the third one was, probably the same thing over again when they tried to fix it.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Anansi The Spider posted:

Number of marriages one week after graduating OSUT: 16
Number of divorces two weeks after graduating OSUT: 12

I hope I dont become the majority, I like this girl.

Also, does anyone know how long getting a spouse into DEERS usually takes? Ive been told 2 to 4 weeks

You've overplayed your hand, man. You were pushing the envelope of credibility as it was, but now you've completely blown it.

There's Stupid Private Bingo, then there's filling in the entire loving bingo card.

• Locked thread