Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

And if you don't look like me off duty:

Then you are WRONG, hua?

But what if I don't want to be black?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Well, after a crazy couple of days of appointments I suddenly find myself in Landstuhl. Apparently I more than likely need surgery on my shoulder for "internal derangement". I feel like a super douche because they give everyone here all kinds of Wounded Warrior stuff...

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

You were evac'd from Trashganistan to one of the awesomest places in Europe. Don't be a bitch, go forth and use your good arm to hoist bier for your country. Unless they have you on some kind of cruel lock down because you're straight out the "war zone" and would probably run around raping German women if they set you free.

I'll be sure to keep that in mind :911:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

plz get shot by a real pvt pyle and die tia

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just had a SSG get mad at me for my hair being too long. It's been about a month and a half since my last haircut. Do I push my luck and keep growing it out in the hopes of making Martello proud or do I cave and get it cut?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

When are they gonna learn not let those fuckheads anywhere near anybody important? You'd think after losing guys to inside attacks over and loving over somebody would have the bright idea that "hey, there are dudes trying to kill us within the Afghan ranks!" As much as I like to rag on people who don't go outside the wire, certain people definitely should loving not and should also not be exposing themselves to potential attack. "B-b-but that will show them we don't trust them!" No loving poo poo we don't trust them, because they're too lazy and inept, or just turning a blind eye, to screen out the assholes who want to shoot friendlies in the back. What the gently caress does it take for them to get some loving spine? I don't want to sound like I'm blasting all of the ANA and ANP and ALP and whoever the gently caress else they give a uniform and a rifle to, but the vast majority of them are loving cowards, liars, and all-round worthless human garbage. There are some among them who are genuinely great loving soldiers and great leaders, but they are too few and far between.

gently caress 'em, glass the whole goddamn Middle East.

It's not like we have to sit through Insider Threat briefs, ever, or anything... Jesus loving Christ.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Let's be real for a moment. Is there anyone that's actually taken the mythical "drivers training"? I have heard of someone taking the class, but it was a guy that knew a guy. I feel like it's as real as the "stress cards" in basic. I'm sure Anansi will come by soon and enlighten us all about his experience with those.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Yep. In CRC circa 2008 post policy was that your first week was in processing, second week was driver's training. I can't remember what level that policy was at.

Weird. I don't feel at so bad for missing out on that by joining in 2011 then.

Shasta Monster posted:

I just made it to Rear D, and I'm pretty curious if I'm supposed to be doing something other than play xbox all day. I'm going to count this as my payment for all the years of taking the Army's "Rear D".

Hahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Allow me to pop some more painkillers before I laugh at you some more.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

wirefire posted:

For drivers training, I had to sit through a 40hr powerpoint course at ft. bliss.

We had to read or have read to us every word on every miserable slide.

gently caress. That.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

HelpImARock3 posted:

Two weeks? Haven't you been in the Army for like 30 minutes? I only had like 5 days leave stored up when I got out of basic. I guess it's a barracks Christmas this year.

Actually, Anansi has never been out of basic.

E: phone posting, drat auto correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

Same thing happened with my Guard unit.

That was the first of three times I ended up getting an e-mail from the Adjutant General's office saying "your social may have been publicly released by us but it's not our fault, you may want to look into getting LifeLock or something."

And the other two riveting tales?
:allears:

• Locked thread