Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Getting rid of that godforsaken velcro on the wrists and the cargo pockets was loving brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Hopefully the army will have kicked me out before I have to buy any of this bullshit.

Being in TRADOC means I'm right at the urethra of the big green army cock, so I hope not.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
It's always been in 670-1, the line is

The issue Army combat boot, HW, is made of tan-colored, flesh-side out cattlehide leather and nylon duck
upper, removable cushioned insert, a closed loop speed lace system, and drainage eyelets.

The boots in that powerpoint slide doing the rounds have a synthetic upper, which apparently means you will spontaneously catch fire and kill your battle buddy and your mom.

So it's always been a thing but no one gave a gently caress because it doesn't matter. Now someone army important gives a gently caress so we all gotta give a gently caress. My unit gives a slight gently caress, so we all gotta get right eventually, but no one's freaking out yet. Some other units like faggoty 3rd brigade give an immense gently caress because they can't get enough army cock down their throats hard enough.

Edit: Oh, and this is another part of 670-1

(a) As an option, Soldiers may wear commercial boots of a design similar to that of the Army combat boot (tan), as
authorized by the commander. The boots must be between 8 to 10 inches in height and made of tan flesh-side out
cattlehide leather, with a plain toe and a soling system matching the color of the tan upper materials. Rubber and
polyether polyurethane are the only outsole materials that are authorized. The soling materials will not exceed 2 inches
in height, when measured from the bottom of the outsole, and will not extend up the back of the heel or boot or over
the top of the toe. The exterior of the boot upper will not contain mesh but will be constructed of either all leather or a
combination of leather and nonmesh fabric. Soldiers may wear optional boots in lieu of the Army combat boot (tan), as
authorized by the commander; however, they do not replace issue boots as a mandatory possession item.

not caring here fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 3, 2014

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Mine was 2 laps around the road track in a humvee, and I was considered good to go.

Then I drove 2 laps around the same road track in a tank, and was considered a driver.

My military license involved me sitting some safety course, then getting an eye test, and our master driver certifying me for god knows how many different vehicles that I'd not even heard of before.

A+ would military certify again.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Ashmole posted:

They also implemented a rule where your BAC can't be .05 within 4 hours of an alert.

Good loving luck.

I bet that knocks out about 80% of all soldiers, from lowly joe to first sergeant and company commander.

Driving a tank drunk is fuckin' awesome, why would you take that away

Why

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That sounds pretty spot on for Korea.

You can do anything you want if you got rank, and loving people over for no reason than to give yourself a boner is the national sport.

And IG will still gently caress up your chain, but if you call them up, your name is poo poo over the whole post as a fuckin' narc. gently caress that poo poo hole.

Would still go back to Yongsan in a heart beat though, fuckers know how to play the army game like a boss.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
In a bit of good news, with a bitter twist, my med board packet went to the MEB, then the informal PEB board, and is now heading off to the VA ratings people. In 3 days.

Now, it's cool that it only took 3 days, when they factor in it taking 45 days. The bitter twist is that it took 2 separate boards 3 days to come up with the conclusion that I am completely hosed.

My NARSUM is a terrible read. It seems that the VA shrink thinks my brain is toast. Wife told her about me putting a dude on his knees and telling him to suck my dick or I'll break his neck, I think that really put the point home.

Heh heh, I still think it was funny though.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mr. Nice! posted:

How's the fucker that wrecked the truck?

In a huge case of gently caress you, dude had the nerve to put himself in for a driver's badge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

tuluk posted:

did he GET the badge?

Funny thing, I think he did, but training room dudes are more than a little annoyed about it.

He's not the most popular dick in the bowl, surprisingly.

• Locked thread