Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Carteret posted:

Are you in Suwon? I can't keep up with AVs. That place always was a hellhole, and it sounds like a real ADA thing to do.

That'd be me, got the gently caress out of there just before this most recent round of stupid poo poo started dropping around the end of April. People at Drum still don't believe me when I say that it's better than Shawshank but every once in a while I'll bump into other former inmates that have agreed they'd take this frozen hellhole over Suwon every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Cole posted:

What happened in April? I can't keep up with Korea because dumb poo poo seems to happen there every week.

Actually early May, but w/e.

http://www.stripes.com/news/soldier-dies-after-reported-street-fight-in-seoul-1.282216

quote:

SEOUL — A U.S. soldier died after getting in a street fight outside a nightclub in a popular Seoul entertainment district that has twice been placed off-limits to American troops.

Spc. Carl A. Lissone, 20, was knocked unconscious after getting into an argument with another U.S. servicemember during the early-morning hours of May 4 outside Hongdae’s Club Naked, where he had had been drinking and dancing, according to the Pyeongtaek Police Office.

Lissone was bleeding from his nose and ears, but instead of taking him to a hospital, the three men accompanying him took him to a hotel in Pyeongtaek, near U.S. Army Garrison Humphreys, police officials said.

Never change, Club Naked :allears:.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Ashmole posted:

That was at Hongdae too which was a fun place...now it's either banned or "highly discouraged" - can't remember.

They also implemented a rule where your BAC can't be .05 within 4 hours of an alert. Very difficult to enforce though.

Those dumb motherfuckers at Suwon tried some breathalyzer poo poo like that once or twice the last few months I was there, too. The hilarious part was when the BC and BN CSM suddenly have a lightbulb moment and try to figure out where the breathalyzers actually are, if we have any. The whole thing looks like some retarded comedy when the BC looks at the HHB 1SG, 1SG looks at our (medic's) PSG, and he turns to me. Because apparently the PFC, that hasn't been in the E5 slot running the BAS supply room in 6 months, should keep track of this poo poo. I looked at them like they were all retards and gave the prototypical private look, shrugged, and waited for the cocksmugglers to release us so I could go pass out and sleep off my hangover.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Cole posted:

Difficult? How is this even possible to enforce at all lmao

Go army.

The only people you'd actually hit would be people too dumb to have that instant knee-jerk reflex of, "Suck my dick, shove that ART15 up your rear end, I'm going to IG."

And the idiots that can't drink underage without loving it up for everyone else.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

SumYungGui posted:

I can see them spinning a tale of bullshit about "On duty 24/7, we might have an alert any time so you can't be in that position at any time. Please note this only applies to lower enlisted and people I don't like. Everyone with rank can ignore this."

I can see them spinning it too, but I can't see it holding up any better than a trailer park in tornado alley when someone gets uppity and IG decides to start a-blowin'.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

DoktorLoken posted:

I've gotten a few letters where someone lost a NIPR laptop with my entire state's personal info residing on it. Morons.

It's almost funny how many times I found the 162s for our entire loving battalion, and sometimes brigade, just lying around the aid station. Name, rank, social, PCS date, etc.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Anansi The Spider posted:

Number of marriages one week after graduating OSUT: 16
Number of divorces two weeks after graduating OSUT: 12

I hope I dont become the majority, I like this girl.

Also, does anyone know how long getting a spouse into DEERS usually takes? Ive been told 2 to 4 weeks

:catstare:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

kill you are self posted:

lol if you look fat in acu they fit like garbage bags

God, yes. L-R top fits my shoulders perfect then manages to give me enough midsection room I could smuggle a loving watermelon under without anyone batting an eye.

OTOH M-R bottoms fit well except for the part where I have to wrestle the cuffs down over my enormous former-fatboy calves.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

yourafagpleasedie posted:

no its not. You still have to clean up all that dumb poo poo.

Not if you're medical coverage for the range. You burn 4 or 5 boxes then go back to relaxing in the back of your FLA while the retard herd police calls. Then again, that's if people are too loving stupid to set the tripods up so you can stuff a can underneath to catch brass and one on the side to catch links.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

psydude posted:

Amateur. It's the last thing you're going to do, would it kill you to do it right?

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Subterfrugal posted:

I was around for the very first pre-rollout version of AKO where the instruction was "make an account, I guess." I, possessed by a random impulse, signed up substituting "Danger" for my first name and promptly forgot AKO existed. Like two years later AKO was instituted for real and oh hey, my account was still there. I changed my name back and figured no big deal. What I didn't know was at some point some genius decided to overwrite many official things with the user-entered data. This became clear when my PCS Order came in marked "Danger." I tried to fix it, command tried to fix it, but no matter what we did, orders awards, even my loving dogtags would show up "Danger."

Eventually I just learned to roll with it.

You say that like it's somehow a bad thing instead of something people would pay large amounts of money to have happen.

• Locked thread