Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

Defleshed posted:

I commissioned as a 1LT and became a CPT 16 months later. They don't put me in charge of other people's lives though. The general intelligence of most of my fellow CPTs in other branches is astoundingly low to me. You encounter the rare guy who has his poo poo together and has read a book once or twice, but nearly every one else is just the loving bottom of the barrel. It's baffling to me that the only thing you need to become an officer is a pulse and a college degree. And the degree can be from University of Phoenix.

One thing I have found is that many officers tend to excel at being what I call "surface level intelligent". Based on limited interactions with them, you may have the general impression that they are smarter than average, reliable, etc, because they have already mastered the Army facade. But engaging them in in-depth discussion of any topic that is not reactionary conservatism or relying on them for anything more than the most mundane of tasks is asking to be disappointed.

Yeah the vast majority of my peers are utter idiots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

calmasahinducow
Oct 31, 2004
i am a pirate of the high seas

kill you are self posted:

Any good resources for going on unemployment post-separation? State residency requirements, do I need an LES/other paperwork, how long I qualify, how long after separation I can wait until I apply, if I have to do the weekly "prove I'm searching for a job" while I collect, etc.

Depends on the state I think. I'm on unemployment right now and it was fairly easy to get. Had to snail mail my DD214 after inputting some information online. Total amount of work was about an hour for ~400 a week.

• Locked thread