Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Still too much velcro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
During OEF 10-11 we had a guy from 3-2 SCR (just CR now I think?) drive the striker too fast at the elevated main highway and hit the bump so fast he flipped and killed a gunner. I'd hate to live with some poo poo like that.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ashmole posted:

I haven't posted here in a few months, so I'm going to just loving rant it out.

I'm about 2 months from leaving Korea and it can'tcome soon enough. I hate being here so.loving.much.so god drat motherfucking much. I can barely articulate it. The loving alerts, the loving curfew (oh don't get me started on that loving poo poo curfew), the random GO1's, courtesy patrol...all of it. gently caress.

And now my BC is making it mandatory (legal told him he can't do this) to FRIEND him on Facebook, like the unit's page, and like every post. He bullied all of the CO's into doing it and my CO is trying to hang the fact that he is my senior rater over our heads to make us do this.

God loving drat it.

gently caress.

Is this even legal lmao

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
What happened in April? I can't keep up with Korea because dumb poo poo seems to happen there every week.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ashmole posted:

They also implemented a rule where your BAC can't be .05 within 4 hours of an alert. Very difficult to enforce though.

Difficult? How is this even possible to enforce at all lmao

Go army.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
When I was in Korea we got off work and a few guys went out and started drinking. We got recalled (not put on alert) and he got busted down from e5 to e4 for drunk on duty.

I got there as he was doing his extra duty so I don't know if there was anything else that caused his art15, but p hosed up if true.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
What if the next guy is worse?

What if it's a chick??

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DoktorLoken posted:

Sometimes the Army is fun. :911:

"We got 30k 5.56, 15k 7.62 and 100 .50 cal. Everyone gets to shoot 3 rounds of .50 cal"*

*semi true story. We only had 250 .50 cal for the entire company. No one above e-5 shot it, and only half of everyone e-5 and below got to shoot it.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Anansi The Spider posted:

Number of marriages one week after graduating OSUT: 16
Number of divorces two weeks after graduating OSUT: 12

I hope I dont become the majority, I like this girl.

Also, does anyone know how long getting a spouse into DEERS usually takes? Ive been told 2 to 4 weeks

Shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
We had a guy get hooked on pain killers so he would fail a piss test and get chaptered out. Dude's medicine cabinet looked like a pharmacy.

The best part is he got hooked on pills, like legit went to rehab as we were deploying, because "I don't like the way weed makes me feel."

Unfortunately he took a few people down with him because he had other peoples meds in his cabinet.

• Locked thread