Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

would you care to show the platoon where on the crazy ivan your drill sergeants touched you?

it's ok, this is maybe a non-judgemental place for you to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

You know the real answer is that they get to play with the new hotness and not look like some loving schlub like everyone under their command.

I mean it's literally stated in that article, but I can't ever recall command and staff at brigade or higher lacking sweet new toys to diddle themselves with while PFC Crusty in COP Nowhere is using the butt of his M-16 to pound in tent stakes.

quote:

Wright was the fifth man to leave the plane. Witnesses said the aircraft might have hit some turbulence, and that Wright might have made a weak exit.

He hit the edge of the door and began an uncontrollable somersault. His leg caught the rig, and the parachute would not open correctly. Parachute lines became tangled as he spun in the air.

His peers on the ground and in the air watching the accident unfold shouted to him, “Reserve! Reserve! Reserve!” urging him to pull the cord for his second chute.

He pulled the line for the reserve chute just 40 feet above ground. It was too late.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKjUtTC3e0Y

Fucitol fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Aug 1, 2014

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Mustang posted:

I'm going to guess that the guys that like sticking fingers up other dudes butts are huge homophobes.

i don't think that fingering a dude's butt if you are also a dude qualifies you to be a homophobe.

^^^^p much that

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

If those don't have shoulder pockets it's a real loss for our fightin' men and womyn.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

give me shoulder pockets or give me death.

i'm assuming the current army disallows anyone from using them because of appearance/the army being fucken dumb.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

lmbo at that gate guard/psd gunner in the photo

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Driver's training was a week in our battalion when I was a private. It consisted of our battalion master driver throwing all of us fresh bloods into the BN HQ basement, having us watch some videos and then (rightfully) bitching about stupid private drivers.

We then went to the motor pool where some 88M PSG continued to bitch and yell about us and other dumb privates. We drove some laps around some tank trails behind our motor pool and we were BN licensed.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

the army is dumb as gently caress with opsec, news at eleven

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

literally my favorite opsec moment is our brigade making sure that no one should the beans on where we were going on my first deployment.

cue my jaded top on his first phone call from Kuwait to his wife, "yeah. fuckin' baqubah again. have more poo poo heads this time than last time. send more of the good stuff."

the only people who subsist on coffee, anger, and booze are god's senior enlisted :allears:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

I enjoy hearing stories of incredibly overweight tank loaders.

Same for underweight ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Our BN S-4 got drunk watching a football game and broke his legs a month before our deployment. His punishment was to hobble his rear end everywhere in Kuwait.

Our next deployment featured someone in our platoon tearing his ACL accidentally three months before we deployed. They stuck him in the training room on our FOB until he healed so he could join us on patrols. A SSG in a different battery suffered a heart attack in the chow hall after a patrol. He was sent home and the BN commander wanted him back walking the dusty streets asap.

I was in the middle of my third deployment when they started looking for any reason to chapter people out because it was the middle of the recession + draw down stuff.

Never join the Army.

• Locked thread