Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Oh wow xviii airborne fucks up royally? Oh me oh my I would never have imagined this at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

JDAMS CURE PASHTUN posted:

Connecticut NG dudes hit a car on I95 and rolled an LMTV, one killed. Wear your goddam seatbelts, retards.

Yep. Sad as gently caress. I did laugh like hell when the Col doing the press conference said that all military drivers receive 40 hours of driving instruction. I was medical evac driving a M997, I had about 30 minutes of training overall during my enlistment.

We had a girl driving a LMTV on a highway using the throttle lock as a cruise control one weekend. She took an exit ramp, and drove it straight into an Audi R8. Somehow it got covered the gently caress up.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

After we got back from Iraq and our company lost everyone who had ETS'd while we were deployed, our new CO (who was a state trooper) decided to do convoy training in New Britain, CT.

What he didn't know was that there was a driver who didn't have a civilian driver's license. Ever. Who sideswiped a parked car on the road. Or, when he insisted all the antennas be extended fully, that they would hit every power and telephone line on the road. Or, that people get kinda twitchy in the poor sections when a convoy of 20 vehicles come driving down the road.

Fun times.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

God, even New Jersey is better than Afghanistan. For starters, it doesn't smell like human poo poo.

Whoa now, let's not say things about Fort Dix we can't take back.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i always had a laugh when we found out where we were going and then lcpl schmukatelli would post some poo poo on myspace or facebook about how he was goin to ramadi and keep him in your prayers along with a creed song

then they would have an opsec brief where theyre like goddamn it you idiot fucks dont make that poo poo public and theyd do the old switcharooo and be like well we were going to ramadi but now itll be fallujah.

but it was still ramadi all along

our deployment started off with a local newspaper publishing our flight date and where we were going.

command was not pleased with the girl who had a sister at the paper.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ryan_woody posted:

My civilian career is finally starting, and I'll be goddamned if the Army fucks it up for me.

Good luck with that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

psydude posted:

Sitting at home drinking scotch and beer giving no fucks. Life is good.

grats on making it home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

post the best ways to get out of deployment

I saw 2 people refuse anthrax and one refuse to get their braces taken off. and 4 pregnancies.

• Locked thread