Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubjectVerbObject
Jul 27, 2009

Spadoink posted:

I know that after signing the contract I can bring it to a real estate lawyer for review, but are there options to amend the contract, or only to quit the contract?

I am not sure if this is different in Canada, but in the US, if you take the contract to a lawyer after you sign it, all they will do is charge you to tell you how you are getting screwed and how next time you should not sign a contract without talking to a lawyer first. A lawyer should be able to suggest amendments that give you more rights. The developer may not accept them however.

The best advice you are being given here is take your time. The builder has a lot of units to sell, and if they can get you to buy by saying OMG limited offer, going fast buy now! then you are making it easy for them. Don't make it easy. Visit multiple developers, let them give you their best price, and tell them you need to think about it and run the contract by a lawyer, and then still leave when they come back with additional incentives to BUY TODAY! This is just like buying a car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread