Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I didn't know colchester were being forced to play games behind closed doors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
It was an under 21 game but that's pretty much the average attendance for a home game

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Only Stevenage and Bournemouth managed 3 wins on the spin over Christmas out of the top 4 divisions, it's happening.

Sorvah
Dec 1, 2014
I was at the Colchester Gillingham game on Boxing Day and thought the U's were seriously hard done by. Played by far the better football but I was watching Clohessey the entire first half just leaving Marting in acres of space. I turned to the missus and pointed him out then the bugger scored.

Wasn't impressed with Gillingham at all, marked to go down this year.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The general feeling is that the FA cup win gave Colchester a massive confidence boost but they've not had the luck to go with it. IIRC yesterday they hit the woodwork four times as well as having a goal ruled out. It's how it goes at the bottom. The difference is that Sears was scoring, and now he's not (I get the feeling he's off in January but that's another discussion).

Gillingham might be okay, if they do survive they'll likely use it as a platform to push on next season, they seem a solid enough outfit. As for who will go down, I think Yeovil will be able to turn it around, and I have no idea how Orient are down there, but all the "C" clubs down there are in danger. I'm happy to see Oldham are having a sudden and dramatic loss of form, it's traditional that they fight at the bottom with Colchester until both invariably survive.

Grats to Walsall by the way for halting the MK Juggernaut in impressive fashion.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

it's not notts if we don't collapse at christmas

Psybro
May 12, 2002
I don't know if there's any Bristol Rovers fans on here but I want it known that I love Ryan Brunt and I want to touch his pecs.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Bye Matt Grimes, you were really loving good but then again so is £1,750,000

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Good news all, Ched's on the prowl.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30671692

E: Using my extensive ITK network (Twitter) I can confirm that they all read the Sun, and that the Sun thinks it's Oldham.

HJB fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jan 4, 2015

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Is he that good?

I mean he's poison. Even if you got him entirely free would it really be worth it over the other footballers you could choose to employ?

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Dudley posted:

Is he that good?

I mean he's poison. Even if you got him entirely free would it really be worth it over the other footballers you could choose to employ?

Surely there's a couple of chairman/managers who think he's been hard done by and employing him would be sticking it to the PC crowd or some poo poo.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Dudley posted:

Is he that good?

If you're lower than the championship you can get a championship level player at your club because of the controversy surrounding him for I'd imagine a good price.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

You aren't my Alves, Afonso Alves,
you make me sa-aad when sky's are blue,
and Georgie Best, cost fucking less,
so please take my Alves away.
watch him get signed to hartlepool and then save them from relegation with a hatrick every game and become a club hero.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Watch him reoffend given how little of a poo poo he seems to give

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

I wonder if ladbrookes will offer bets for if he will or not

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Probably paddy power mate they love a bit of bants

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

Looking forward for the advert they make for it.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

20,000 people have put their foot down and signed an online petition to stop it happening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30678251

Not bad considering they usually pull in about 4k.

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

sky sports are treating it like there are non stop protests outside the club or something

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Sky have contacted every club in the FL asking if they would sign Chedwyn.

We are a no. Phew.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

britishbornandbread posted:

Sky have contacted every club in the FL asking if they would sign Chedwyn.

We are a no. Phew.

Tbh his agent should be doing that job

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Here's the Sky thing, and the BBC have gone and done their own study and all.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Lol only two clubs have said they would not "definitely be wiling to sign him" and more than half didn't respond. What a god-awful story.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

May I take this opportunity to welcome all potential newcomers to the Ched Evans Megathread.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oldham might get a few supporters from us being as some of them seem to be more Ched Evans fans than Sheffield United fans. I didn't know so many of them were so well informed about the rehabilitation of offenders and the dangers of mob justice, but then again we *are* a socially conscious bunch.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30765555

quote:

Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony has launched a Twitter tirade at his players following Saturday's 2-0 defeat by Colchester.

MacAnthony's list of grievances was:

• "...that it's always the manager who is held responsible when a team of players fold like a stack of cards when the going gets tough!"
  • "... that our team can play with that kind of tempo/intensity for first 25 minutes, then follow that up with the 65 minutes we all witnessed!"
  • "... that a player of Joe Newell's ability can miss an open goal from five yards out early on. He should be scoring 10/15 a season."
  • "...that a striker I paid half a million for, minutes before Colchester score, scuffs great chance eight yards out with nobody near him."
  • "... that Bossie allows their top scorer to get in front of him to tap in their first goal, shouldn't happen!"
  • "... that our centre back runs 50 yards to edge of opposition's box, doesn't pass or shoot but loses ball & they go other end and score."
  • "... that both our full-backs who had plenty of the ball couldn't deliver any crosses of any merit or quality or with urgency."
  • "...that we had a ref who cost us Crewe game because of incorrect decision was given us again, then sent manager off and many yellows today!"
  • "... that as going has got tough many thousands of fans have bit like our players, have folded and taken their ball and gone home!"
  • "...Tomorrow I'll still pay the bills & next Saturday will pay thousands to watch my team play & hopefully win."
  • "... that our goalkeeper had three shots to save all game but we conceded two goals!"

Nice meltdown.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

tbf peterborough are pretty bad

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I want bristol city to go away

JorahTheExplorer
Oct 23, 2013

Ched Evans.

also if Carlisle and Hartlepool both get relegated I will be sad.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30852302

gently caress's sake. I expected him to leave, but to happen as quickly as this, and to loving Ipswich of all teams...

Sears-O-Meter™ Update:

E: He's trending on Twitter too now. Can't quite fathom that one.

HJB fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 16, 2015

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

loving hell lads we've only gone and signed John Brayford. If all else fails we'll at least have the best right back in the league I suppose.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
Coventry are loving poo poo

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I can't believe Notts are within 3 points of the playoffs after our dogshit 6 weeks of form

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I think this sufficiently elevates Colchester's situation to "taking the piss".

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Start the car lads. Non league here we come.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

As we're into the last 15 games or so, and not at all as a reason to bump the thread, here's the tables:

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

What happened to Layton Orient?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Dunno. They seem to keep losing by the odd goal, maybe last season took the fight out of them. Or it just goes to show how competitive the league is, and stuff. As a wise man once said, anything can happen in League 1, and it usually does.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

I like how basically everyone in league 1 has the exact same form except doncaster and bristol. Starting to get really nervy for Notts though. We could easily go up or down this season, gently caress this league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah, I noticed at one point that all the bottom five were winning (including the greatest first half performance of the day :smug::smug::smug:), and the league's still tight pretty much everywhere.

Meanwhile, Fergie Jr's left Peterborough:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31571698

And here's the sporting world's greatest Rachubka excelling less than ten minutes into his Crewe debut:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI2xGCJjE94&t=44s

• Locked thread