Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Looking forward to City getting promoted. It'll be nice to have a Bristol team that's not poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.
http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/steven-pressley-statement-coventry-city-2289231.aspx

quote:

The Sky Blues have parted company with manager Steven Pressley following the club's position in the League One table...

Coventry City Football Club have parted company with manager Steven Pressley.

Chief executive Steve Waggott said: “This has been a very difficult decision from a personal and professional point of view, and we would like to place on record our thanks to Steven for his efforts over the last two years.

“But results over recent weeks and months, and our precarious position in the league table, means that a change of direction at first team level is needed.

“Neil MacFarlane and Dave Hockaday have been placed in temporary charge.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/steven-pressley-statement-coventry-city-2289231.aspx#hZuvWrzahyjxVuE3.99

Kind of surprising and not surprising at the same time. Surprising because I can't believe that we have the money to sack a manager one year into a four year contract and while he didn't exactly do a good job I don't see how anyone can do a better job with the alarming lack of resources and support. Not surprising because ever since he was flown in to be our Youth Development Advisor or whatever, the club have been pretty unsubtle about :negative::negative::bang::bang::argh::argh:DAVID loving HOCKADAY:argh::argh::bang::bang::negative::negative: and how brilliant he is, and it was always obvious he'd take over eventually.

Going to pop down to the bookies after work and place a fiver each on Hockaday being the next Coventry City manager, and Coventry City getting relegated. At least I won't have to move threads this time.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Hockaday must have one sweet deal with Satan.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Corrode posted:

Looking forward to City getting promoted. It'll be nice to have a Bristol team that's not poo poo.

My old man is very happy with a trip to Wembley being thrown in too.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31694467

Mowbray's in at Coventry.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Where have Barnsley come from all of a sudden ffs

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Coventry fan - we've got Shaun Miller in on loan until end of season. Good for a League 2 relegation dog fight?

Won 4-1 at Mansfield yesterday. Think three more wins from seven games remaining should do it but winning twice at home all season is criminal.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLbhlvXmFc&t=128s

Crewe's winner against Sheffield United. Five Live went nuts when this flew in, it's a decent late winner I suppose.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I really don't loving want to go back to League 2 jesus christ.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Coventry - Leyton Orient in a bit then, classic relegation six-pointer ahoy. Hopefully they find a way for both teams to lose.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Did any of your players make it??? http://www.90min.com/posts/2017319-bournemouth-s-matt-ritchie-tops-fourfourtwo-s-football-league-top-50-poll

I dunno what other fans are watching if they reckon Jose Baxter is worth a mention. Jamie Murphy is our best player by a mile.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Bleh. I'm happy for Paddy Madden.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Aaand we're in the relegation zone. I will literally meltdown ITT over the course of the next 2 months jfyi.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Being resigned to relegation is far less taxing on the ticker, I must admit

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

The League 1 relegation scrap is looking a bit tasty, think Yeovil are down but even if you consider 50 points to be enough there's still nine teams fighting to stay out of the remaining three places.

Speaking of Yeovil, it's pub quiz time: When was the last time a league club finished bottom two seasons running, without things like administration/deducted points/whatever playing a part? IIRC Wolves came dangerously close recently.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

What's happened to Yeovil anyway? They didn't look that bad in the Championship last year.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

HJB posted:

Speaking of Yeovil, it's pub quiz time: When was the last time a league club finished bottom two seasons running, without things like administration/deducted points/whatever playing a part? IIRC Wolves came dangerously close recently.

Wasn't that Grimsby in like 2005-2007?

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Corrode posted:

What's happened to Yeovil anyway? They didn't look that bad in the Championship last year.

They went up, sold the striker that got them there, then failed to replace him.

Troy Queef posted:

Wasn't that Grimsby in like 2005-2007?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grimsby_Town_F.C._seasons

Says they came close in 2002-4 but not quite. I should point out I don't have the vaguest idea what the actual answer is, or even if there's a recent example of it.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

HJB posted:

Being resigned to relegation is far less taxing on the ticker, I must admit

Jacob Murphy will save Colchester

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

http://www.greenun24.co.uk/colchester-united/there_is_a_lot_of_fight_in_this_team_colchester_united_winger_jacob_murphy_1_4025636

He's a good lad.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

britishbornandbread posted:

Coventry fan - we've got Shaun Miller in on loan until end of season. Good for a League 2 relegation dog fight?

He's a Coventry player, so I'm pretty confident he's poo poo :)

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

NO BAJNER NO PARTY

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Brizzle City beat the Bantams 6-0 tonight so they're auto promoted back into the Championship.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Won't Saturday be fun??

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

23rd is secured :getin:

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Gillingham are quietly safe, and nobody cares.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

Doncaster pumped, that's the hard part done. A point in the final game will see us safe unless we're very unlucky.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I'm making this the Hasselbaink thread for one night only

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Grats to Jimmy and this especially well-framed photo.

Now on to the main event. It's the final day of the League One season proper, with plenty at stake at the bottom, and even a smidge at the top too. If you're into drama, schadenfreude, or anything to relieve a bit of boredom, I urge you to tune your televisual devices and streams of dubious legality into Sky Sports 2 from 12 and watch Colchester v Preston, where the latter winning would promote them and relegate the former (boo), while the former winning would possibly save them and annoy a bunch of Lancastrians in the process (yay).

E: This or this or this work but otherwise BYOS

HJB fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 3, 2015

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Who the gently caress are colchester? come on you nob end #yellows

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Half time, 0-0, fairly even. Meanwhile MK Dons have scored 100 goals in the league this season which is obscene.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Oh my, that's a baggio

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Porter's gone and hosed a penalty, sums up the season tbh

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
what a miss by colchester.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010