Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Welcome back to the Football League, Bristol Rovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Here are two newses for the price of one.

Benfica to visit Burton Albion for pre-season friendly
Teddy Sheringham to speak to Stevenage about manager's post

Jimmy's got some pull, Teddy's had a mull.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Glad we're finally getting rid of Graham Westley and his tedious getting-us-double-promotion-and-signing-all-our-best-players poo poo in favour of Teddy Sheringham, a man who scored some goals in the past.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I wonder if he'll make an offer for Charlie. Also if he'll buy his son.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

47'000 turnout for the Conference playoff. Great stuff - Club Wembley tickets were £40 a go so I took it as an excuse to take the mrs out to see the Gas. She was dubious at first but by the 20th go-around of Goodnight Irene she was loving it.

Psybro
May 12, 2002

HJB posted:

I wonder if he'll make an offer for Charlie. Also if he'll buy his son.

lol

That has literally been the most sensible argument advanced in favour of the appointment - 'Well his son's played in non-league so maybe he does know some good players at that level'.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Southend aren't quite the bottle merchants I thought - extra-time & penalties in that game were brilliant, the first 90 minutes mostly forgettable. Congratulations Phil Brown & Southend.

Also the BBC very hastily deleted this tweet:

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Hah

Think I would've preferred Wycombe to go up but Southend are fun too

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

For travel reasons I would have liked Wycombe to come up and swindon to win the play offs but alas the gods wanted my mileage total to go up higher covering league one football

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

The Croc posted:

For travel reasons I would have liked Wycombe to come up and swindon to win the play offs but alas the gods wanted my mileage total to go up higher covering league one football

You get reimbursed for mileage, right? At least that was the way it was when I drove my own car to cover high-school football when I worked in local news.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Oh poo poo we've sacked young Nigel. Didn't see that coming in a million years tbh. He's hosed it up big style this season and he's a right funny little fucker with some of his decisions and the way he singles out players for criticism and stuff, but I expected him to have the start of next season at least. Hopefully there's someone lined up with experience of getting out of this loving league. Adkins would do for me.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Troy Queef posted:

You get reimbursed for mileage, right? At least that was the way it was when I drove my own car to cover high-school football when I worked in local news.

haha i wish used to but budget cuts means im lucky i still make money on this thing!

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

And it is Adkins. Pretty much the best we could've got I reckon, now get us out of this league pls

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
2 games, 2 red cards, looking like another cracking season for notts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

Someone make a new thread so I can submit this to some institute of art

• Locked thread