Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

To anyone that knows more about pro wrestling than me: Is this kind of thing normal? Are they always this awkward?

god I wish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

To anyone that knows more about pro wrestling than me: Is this kind of thing normal? Are they always this awkward?

Imagine if the 2nd biggest MMA promotion in the US was Super Fight League.

That's basically the world you're looking at except the pro wrestling version instead of MMA.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Striking Yak posted:

also who the hell is king mo

Watch this

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PwSSa-IOMAM

and then this

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Also a big whiny bitch who does periodically do funny things like call oit Björn Rebney a dick riding bitch nigga live on his ppv

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

fatherdog posted:

Head/body ratio

goldmine

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

But aren't those two old? Like wasn't Tito fighting in the 1990's? Why?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Bellator is the TNA of MMA.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

NienNunb posted:

We don't know and if you find out please tell us.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Triple Hortiz

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Can someone briefly explain why Dana White hates Tito?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I don't know all the deets but you reminded me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-StIG_0R_n4

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Low-Ki and Ortiz would make a great tag-team!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Tito is The People's Champ and Dana White was always trying to keep the people down.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

This is recent, but it shines a light on how tito thinks

quote:

"I thought slavery was over a long time ago. It's just one of those things where you can't trust a word the man says. And when you can't do that, how can you work for him? When you work for a person and they're badmouthing you no matter what, how can you work for them? When you apologize for the things that did happen and he still goes behind your back and says things about you, for no reason at all. Dana's thing now is bullying and he is one of the biggest bullies in the business. He's a big bully. One of these days, karma, it always come back around."

quote:

"Now I'm a loving slave master, or whatever Tito called me. That loving buffoon. How about this loving moron coming out and saying he was a slave. Do you even know...I shouldn't even ask that question if he knows what being a slave means, because he's one of the dumbest motherfuckers you will ever meet. Seriously. He's a slave to stupidity is what he is."

Tito is one of those guys who you'll give your absolute best offer to, because he's a draw and you want to get back to the business of putting on fights. Tito's counteroffer is for 150% of what you can even give him, and when he does sign, he's a complete diva about who and where he fights.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Despite being so clearly at the lowest point in his career, Tito believes the UFC should celebrate his existence for the things he did a long time ago by awarding him huge contracts and pushing his (retarded) clothing line. Dana, like any sane person, would accept that Tito was a big help in getting the company over the hump initially, but is not going to bend over backwards to accommodate and push an aged fighter that is 1-7-1 in his last 9 fights by offering him millions of dollars a fight to lose. After all, Tito has made a lot of money for his contributions, so the UFC really doesn't owe him anything. Tito's big head (literally and figuratively) sees that as being disrespected and doesn't know how to shut the gently caress up or how to form coherent sentences, resulting in ridiculously stupid sound bytes.

Tito then goes to #2 MMA organizatin Bellator and tries to set up the biggest possible (although still terrible) fight against Rampage, but his body crumbles weeks before the fight takes place, forcing them to cancel the fight and ruin what would have been the first Bellator PPV. 6 months or so later, Tito still wants back into the cage, so they match him up with a fighter 20 pounds lighter than him for his big return fight. Tito looks terrible in the fight, but eventually wins, becoming his second win in 8 years.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tito Ortiz, :ortiz:, might be my favourite comedy MMA fighter of them all.
We all know that's a really large selection of people, but Tito just has that special X factor of hilarity.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Street Horrrsing posted:

Tito is one of those guys who you'll give your absolute best offer to, because he's a draw and you want to get back to the business of putting on fights. Tito's counteroffer is for 150% of what you can even give him, and when he does sign, he's a complete diva about who and where he fights.

So what you're saying is that somehow, some way Tito Ortiz vs. Jon Jones needs to happen.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Tito Ortiz pre-fight:

I'm in the best shape of my life, I trained hard as hell for this and my body's finally healthy and ready to put on a show for you fans.

Tito Ortiz post-fight:

I had a lot of poo poo going on in my life during this camp. I had surgery on my neck just a few weeks ago and I need another surgery on my knee in the next month or so but I put it off until after this fight.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
Just a reminder that Tito got knocked on in a street fight outside of a night club by middle weight/dress shoe wearer/Moroccan prison inmate Lee Murray.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I like how Tito has a bunch of stupid pre-choreographed celebrations like the grave digging and the superman thing and he gets so excited when he gets to do them once every 5 years.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 2, 2014

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrnOqhdgAzo

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
The Ryback and Tito tag team - head and shoulders, :ortiz:

Head is bigger?
Grave digger!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Wasn't there a special on Spike where Dana said he'd forgive Tito if he boxed Dana for charity? And Tito wouldn't do it?

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Ty1990 posted:

I like how Tito has a bunch of stupid pre-choreographed celebrations like the grave digging and the superman thing and he gets so excited when he gets to do them once every 5 years.

I'm sure he also has a bunch of various "I'm the best ever and the guy I just fought is a human being" shirts we never got to see in favor of the SUPPORT THE TROOPS shirts he had to wear when he lost

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Back when the UFC was still in the red on every show, Tito (the LHW champion at the time, after having LHW changed from 200 to 205 specifically because he was having a hard time making 200) assiduously ducked all the UFC's attempts to set up a fight with Chuck, and then sat out for a year demanding more money and threatening to go to PRIDE (who, it turned out, had very little interest in signing him). Dana and the Fertittas, who had been catering to Tito in a big way since he was one of their more popular stars at this point, viewed this whole situation as a betrayal and relations have been strained every since, exacerbated by every time Tito opens his idiot mouth.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

If he ever gets out of jail, we just might get the chance to see my MMA dream fight happen: Dan Quinn vs. Tito Ortiz.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

I could watch this gif all day

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

God Bless Mark Coleman and all of the Houses of Hammer.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Detroit_Dogg posted:

God Bless Mark Coleman and all of the Houses of Hammer.

I would put money on Coleman to wrestlefuck Titp anyday.

Douchebag.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...
Titos a dick but I almost felt bad for him when he cried after that one fight where he got tkod with body shots on the ground (Little nog?)

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*

fatherdog posted:

Back when the UFC was still in the red on every show, Tito (the LHW champion at the time, after having LHW changed from 200 to 205 specifically because he was having a hard time making 200) assiduously ducked all the UFC's attempts to set up a fight with Chuck, and then sat out for a year demanding more money and threatening to go to PRIDE (who, it turned out, had very little interest in signing him). Dana and the Fertittas, who had been catering to Tito in a big way since he was one of their more popular stars at this point, viewed this whole situation as a betrayal and relations have been strained every since, exacerbated by every time Tito opens his idiot mouth.

To add more detail to the exacerbation after that, former-champion Tito still had value to the UFC in drawing since he was winning (barely) his subsequent fights and lucked into easy main event money against an old Ken Shamrock. When it was looking clear he won't touch the belt again after a second beatdown from Chuck and a sad draw with Rashad, Dana made sure he ended his UFC tenure with a bad fight (that ended up being pretty cool) against undefeated Machida to send him off to Affliction or whatever other bad org willing to go bankrupt with him.

Tito tried to make huge money deals for his services with Affliction, but that failed when they went belly up and he made up with Dana to come back to the UFC. The timing is interesting because UFC was enjoying huge success with Brock and GSP drawing big and dominating the PPV gross year over year along with competitors dying embarrassingly. Anyway, Tito comes back and loses to Forrest while making sad excuses. He then signed up to do a TUF season against Chuck while pulling out of the fight with him mid-season. So he got removed from TUF mid-season (lol) then took a fight against former pupil Hamill to which he got embarrassingly beat. Despite being a loser and whiner, he took shots at Dana here and there while bitching about how he's not making the same money as Mayweather.

He had a hilarious win with his back to the wall when he beat Bader and then tried to ride that resurgence hype to the moon, but got beat like a prelim fighter against Rashad in the next UFC event to resume his losing streak until he was finally let go again by the UFC. He still seems to think he's worth insane amounts of money despite being a huge main event liability (eg. pulling out of Bellator PPV fight).

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Kurohashi posted:

To add more detail to the exacerbation after that, former-champion Tito still had value to the UFC in drawing since he was winning (barely) his subsequent fights and lucked into easy main event money against an old Ken Shamrock. When it was looking clear he won't touch the belt again after a second beatdown from Chuck and a sad draw with Rashad, Dana made sure he ended his UFC tenure with a bad fight (that ended up being pretty cool) against undefeated Machida to send him off to Affliction or whatever other bad org willing to go bankrupt with him.

Tito tried to make huge money deals for his services with Affliction, but that failed when they went belly up and he made up with Dana to come back to the UFC. The timing is interesting because UFC was enjoying huge success with Brock and GSP drawing big and dominating the PPV gross year over year along with competitors dying embarrassingly. Anyway, Tito comes back and loses to Forrest while making sad excuses. He then signed up to do a TUF season against Chuck while pulling out of the fight with him mid-season. So he got removed from TUF mid-season (lol) then took a fight against former pupil Hamill to which he got embarrassingly beat. Despite being a loser and whiner, he took shots at Dana here and there while bitching about how he's not making the same money as Mayweather.

He had a hilarious win with his back to the wall when he beat Bader and then tried to ride that resurgence hype to the moon, but got beat like a prelim fighter against Rashad in the next UFC event to resume his losing streak until he was finally let go again by the UFC. He still seems to think he's worth insane amounts of money despite being a huge main event liability (eg. pulling out of Bellator PPV fight).

Is MMA this hilarious/amazing even like half the time because if so I must follow it more closely. Holy poo poo :lol:.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is MMA this hilarious/amazing even like half the time because if so I must follow it more closely. Holy poo poo :lol:.

Almost none of us are MMA fans because of the fights. Those are fun to watch, sure, but it's everything else that happens is why we follow the sport.

gimpsuitjones
Mar 27, 2007

What are you lookin at...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Allow me to introduce you to Chael Sonnen

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
The favorite thing about the Tito/Hamill fight was how Tito (while guest-hosting Inside MMA) said, prior to the fight that Matt Hamill has a "soft head." He then proceeded to explain that it's "because he's deaf, it's an inner ear thing. Deaf people have soft heads, a lot of people don't realize this."

Then when they actually fought, Hamill walked through Tito's hardest punches with zero effort and brawled him to a decision.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't there a special on Spike where Dana said he'd forgive Tito if he boxed Dana for charity? And Tito wouldn't do it?
They had an exhibition bout set up with the commission involved and everything. It got cancelled when Tito didn't show up for the weigh-ins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bubba Smith posted:

Almost none of us are MMA fans because of the fights. Those are fun to watch, sure, but it's everything else that happens is why we follow the sport.

MysteryNad posted:

The favorite thing about the Tito/Hamill fight was how Tito (while guest-hosting Inside MMA) said, prior to the fight that Matt Hamill has a "soft head." He then proceeded to explain that it's "because he's deaf, it's an inner ear thing. Deaf people have soft heads, a lot of people don't realize this."

Then when they actually fought, Hamill walked through Tito's hardest punches with zero effort and brawled him to a decision.

You guys are selling me on MMA, this rules.

Also I know about Chael but figured he was an exception, not the rule.

• Locked thread