Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Sir Lucius posted:

Did they finally replace the pearl module in programming with python?

Yes. PERL is no longer taught at JCAC. CTNs are still tested on it for advancement however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Perl has the fastest regex implementation and I really love idiomatic nature of the laguage. However, for most people, the language sucks and its implementation of objects is super poo poo. Python uses the same regex syntax, makes more sense, and is easier to use. It's slower, but for 99% of people, python is better.

NERD CHAT

I've also discovered that Windows Findstr with the /R argument allows for use of RegEx. No /d shortcuts though. You need to put the full character case.
poo poo gets weird in Batch.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

buttplug posted:

Stop playing WoW all night, get 7-8hrs, take some hydroxycut in the AM, drink a large black coffee, take more hydroxycut at lunch, and you'll be in beast-mode until about 7-7:30.

A single dose of thermogenics usually has be wired for the next eight hours. I'll take it at 9-10am and be good for the rest of the day. That and hydration.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.
Fuckin' NAS Fallon man. Dry as gently caress. Cold. Desert. 24 on, 24 off schedule.

Airwings come and just gently caress the place up for a month at a time. They've only got one goddamned FAX machine for the whole place. Phantom Shitter in the Chapel. $800 per diem/month due to the galley having shitfuck hours, so a permissive rate is authorized. It's all spent on booze.

Chasing man-sized tumbleweeds across the flight line and FOD walkdowns almost hourly because of it.
Goddamned birdstrike threat everywhere.

FCPOA corruption and monopolization of duty vehicles run rampant. High altitude lowers blood pressure. Passed out while shaving and hit hard against the barracks' wall. Got yelled at for being late for work. Had to have an MRI.

But they had a VirtuaON Arcade Machine at Mean Gene's. That's pretty cool.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

Sir Lucius posted:

Wait, I thought you got out.

I did, but I have a good memory. I spent months there; that's enough. Flashbacking sucks because the self-narrative hits present tense.

I mean, the scenery is nice because it's mountains all around. So if you like running, it's basically the background of Cruisin' USA. Everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Returned with Honor.

orange juche posted:

They finally installed cameras in IT barracks, at least as of 6 years ago.

Yes they did, and the E-5 sitting OOD can manipulate those cameras and zoom.

Oooh buddy could I zoom in.

• Locked thread