Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Analogical
May 20, 2013

EEOD? Why not, I could use a break from work

:911:

vulturesrow posted:

You're a 1 percenter.

1 percenter is my friend who gets a full signing bonus for nuke, gets STA-21 at the end of the pipeline, gets his degree then throws his last nuke interview and is now flying jets. "yea man idk why people bitch about the navy"

CTNs are interesting. Some have interesting jobs and some do bullshit for a living but I like their advancement rate. I thought about cross-rating at PRD and was told I could do it but I don't really feel like having a nice hot dish of obliserv in the CT community. I'd be doing the same job with the same impact if I had a suit on instead of NWUs but with less bull.

CISSP/CEH/CCNA are the only certs I list on my resume CompTIA can suck it. The Navy paid for each one even though they aren't related to my job other than that I sit at a computer, but we had to keep our training quotas. Always the quotas. The reality of being a CT is that we're just minimum-wage private contractors that are basically indentured servants and will frequently work roles that aren't even remotely related to our original training if we're on shore and only the 1% get to see a deploying platform. If you want a ride to chief with a pretty easy 9-5 then go for it though, just be aware that most of our Chiefs are wave-riders that can't even lead sailors to failure.

:killdozer: TAKE THE DLAB :killdozer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogical
May 20, 2013

DownByTheWooter posted:

she's a Boat 10, definitely

Analogical
May 20, 2013

I've been getting pushed to put a packet in for CTN since I don't language anymore and my DLPT is going to be a PTS issue. Is CTN also a MD/HA/GA/TX affair? Or can CTNs (regularly) get orders outside the big four? Like Alaska or Germany. Likewise nobody has been clear on if I'd get buckled down from PO2 if I did take it.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

I've only once heard of a CTN losing their rank, and that was becuase she left the military as a CTR, then enlisted again after being out. As far as locations go, those are the big four, but unless you pick up the NEC you'll have other options. Pensacola, Dam Neck, I've even seen San Diego as an option, and I think they're going to start having billets in Japan as well.

I work with someone who just picked up chief after 6 six years, but I think I'm still going to get the gently caress out when my time is up.

I'm at Meade, I assume you're there abouts too?

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Yep. I've been here for two and a half years. My next tour is going to be here is well. I really get to see the world.

You at the big 4 or offsite? We should get some poo poo-rear end sodexo sushi

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Big 4, but I always work nights (have weekends off at least). I'm always game for sushi though.

Shot you a PM there SHIPMATE

Anyone ever know anyone that's been at NEIC? That's a billet that opened up but I'm on the fence about it. I don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of billy badass E4s

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Not if you are making eggs and french toast!

Also what is the sea?

I believe it's a new AMOD tool with no documentation

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

If Laranzu comes here we can start the fort meade shore duty drinking club. Also I have to go to work tomorrow night so I'm just going to get as drunk as I possibly can tonight.

I'm already fist deep into a bottle of wine and a handle of gin. You know any more goons at work? We should start some jabber nonsense up

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Surprisingly no. Mots was actually up here for TAD earlier in the year, and there is definitely goons who work offsite, but I don't think they post here that much.

That's fair, I wasn't trying to give you poo poo, I was just wondering if you had Stockholm syndrome or something. I can't imagine food on a ship being much better than the food they served in pensacola, which is why it seemed like a strange thing to reminiscence about.

How long you on days? Just went to your CFL office and scheduled a PRT

>mfw slept with the CTI1 there two years ago

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

I'm never on days. I work nights all the time so I don't have to deal with Navy bullshit during the day. I haven't had urinalysis in 2 years.

Until you're on days*

Swings is where it's at man. Sleep in every day, drink every night.

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Working nights there's no traffic and you get the best parking spots. It does kind of gently caress with your diet though. I sometimes only get 1 meal a day, and it might be something lovely like McDonalds or Taco Bell if I'm feeling really lazy.

I've only had one meal a day since february. Allah Rakha man, it's the best part of being back up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analogical
May 20, 2013

Sir Lucius posted:

Holy poo poo, I've never been there. I'm going there.

It's a block from my hotel. Lunch buffet with butter chicken, channa masala and chicken biriyani until I'm sick? gently caress yea. All on a government travel card? fuq yea.

• Locked thread