Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Haahaha some dudes are pissed that this one fat dude weighs in at like 240 and because he has a thick rear end neck gets measured in at like 18% bodyfat but guess who doesnt have to go to fep. Man cant run half a foot ball field before hes winded.

God bless the Navy.

Btw, does failing an command check in weigh in count against you? Old LPO is sweating it cause he sucked his way to passing and is probably gonna fail at check in.

Depends on command policy/what he's going for. Check in at JIT? Lost orders. Ship? Who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

vulturesrow posted:

My brain is having trouble processing a picture of a chick under 250lbs who is either in the Navy or married to a sailor.

I am neither. And both. Also, I married my C School sweetheart. (My A School sweetheart went to BUDs and forgot my number; probably just as well - he was boring as poo poo. But hot. He retired last year as a SOCM.)

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

Arent you out of the navy now?

Nope. I work at a mostly civilian command, though (one of those places fat Chiefs go to retire and keep working for the Navy.) My husband is also still in, although he'll be retired in 241 days or so. I have 666 days left. As of today.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

vulturesrow posted:

You're a 1 percenter.

Meh. :shrug: I think it's possible for everyone that doesn't make stupid life decisions based on proximity and prioritizes correctly. But if everyone in the Navy had a clue how to prioritize, we would not be all-"volunteer."

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Pandasmores posted:

Do nobles have some image of what an enlisted barracks looks like? Apparently some seamen left their semen filled condoms and beer cans around with a noble complaining.

I'm at a loss as to why you don't find this awful. As a non-noble (albeit one who washes her coffee cup) I find the very idea of condoms "laying around" gross. Also beer cans. It's not a "noble" thing to pick up after yourself.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nick Soapdish posted:

Seriously, where was the OPSO, where was the CMC, where was some random JO chatting with a friend at CSG about the hosed up situation, where was anything?

CMC got fired and went to Admiral's Mast, too. We've been friends for years and all of his FB buddies are all "Oh man, you got the shaft, homie, prayers!" Meanwhile we're all like "Welp, turns out you hosed up and are lucky you get to retire as a E-9. You had one job, Bro."

OMG that picture. HOW DID SOMEONE LET HER GET HER PICTURE TAKEN WITH HER HAIR hosed UP.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Commoners posted:

One time someone defeated an interlock on a feruno to keep it from spinning and hit me in the head with it.

That's my story.

But did you die?

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LingcodKilla posted:

Thats so much less gross that I thought it would be. Makes sense too.

I would love to know what you thought it would be, please. :chiefsay:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
You forgot the part where his Filipina 3rd wife beats the poo poo out of him in Navy housing, landing him on the blotter repeatedly and then he thanks her for saving him from himself at his SCPO pinning.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Zotix posted:

Okay so at this point it seems like he doesn't want to take me down, so i need to at least convince him to take me down there. What are some other rates that aren't complete poo poo so i can at least show him I've done some research, enough that he'll at least take me down to meps

I'll hold out for ctn. But i need to convince him to at least get me down to meps.

Talk to his Chief. Him "not taking you" is BS.

Most of the CT rates are cool, IMO, but it's all about what YOU want to do. If I had it to do all over again I'd be an AG or a CTI. *shrug*

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
All of the hot foreign (British, Austrian, Australian) girls I know married to sailors met their husbands in Bahrain. So there's that.

I'm in Japan now, and as far as personal growth goes there's not a lot to be had. More than Stateside, but only slightly. MUS has a crazy optempo (because C7F) but there's some cool folk on board. Everything is what you make it, but for my money I'd pick MCM every time. Also, minemen are super cool. One of my favorite rates to work with. Tight community, cool dudes (and I understand there's Chicks now, too.)

Today it was 35 degrees Celsius and I was topside on a DDG all day. I was sweating my butt off and it's also 90% humidity. If you want to avoid heat, C7F is not the place to do it. Plus, it's crippling here when it snows. Like, everything stops. So heat + cold+ High optempo. All that said, I love ramen and okonomiyaki, so yay Japan, because we have the best food. But I'm on shore duty and can enjoy it.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

orange juche posted:

San diego is the land of milk and honey compared to anywhere in Japan. You made the right choice tbh. the real right choice is to never reenlist

I came to Japan to GTFO of San Diego. Worth it.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

nacirema posted:

An instructor at HM a school recommend me for relief and separation for sleeping in class. Waving ucmj article 13, not 92 at me, I can't tell if he threatening or will actually do paperwork. I was told to wake up multiple times before. My grades are excellent. No paper was ever filed on me or got called for counseling. And I graduate in 10 days. Should I be worried, if so how can I present a case that is not about me be being a lovely sailor to Chief?

The Navy is LITERALLY paying you to go to school. The least you could do is stay awake. You're an idiot.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Mad Dragon posted:

I had my own podium in power school.

I have to think the pace and volume of information is a little different in Power School than HM "A" School. IJS. It's your job. IDGAF if you're sleepy. Suck it up. Thank the Spaghetti Monster he'll never have to stand a 02-07 in CIC in the XNAG.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

KetTarma posted:

Half up front, the rest you get evenly distributed once per year for the remainder of time on your contract that you're reenlisting for. I believed it's paid on your Navyversery day.

If you later extend, then it ends on the same day it would have prior to signing the extension. It doesn't get recalculated.

Note: This is the best my fuzzy memory could produce. I'd check with Personnel if you want a 100% certain answer.

It's paid in October. Like, the 4th. For Fiscal Year reasons, I'd bet.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

DownByTheWooter posted:

so, I shenaniganed my way into the retiree TGPS. It's a little depressing how lost and rudderless most of these senior enlisted will be out of the military

There's a retiree one? FFSC told me there is only one kind now (I am soon to be a lost and rudderless retiree.)(Nope, just kidding. I'll be awesome.)

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 26, 2014

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

PneumonicBook posted:

Here's the thing though: to make senior you need a degree

Um, no you don't. Maybe in the CG, but not in the Navy. I know quite a few without degrees. MCs too. Those guys are just really good at their jobs and care about their people, and didn't spend all of their time loving off and paying attention to collaterals and working on a poo poo "Business Management" degree. Unfortunately those folks are leaving because the Navy is turning into an entitled loser promotion factory. Thank you CSADD and Phoenix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

krispykremessuck posted:

No, when the Navy tried to do that the CG strangely ran away from it really fast. First time they didn't just try to steal the idea and make it worse, I think.

Maybe the CG is CWO then? When I was looking at the LDO/CWO program a Mentor of mine was all "but you need a degree!" and I was like, no? So maybe that's where I was confused. Either way, maybe I should have gone in the CG but whatever, 20 months to freedom.

• Locked thread