Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

poopkitty posted:

Nope. I work at a mostly civilian command, though (one of those places fat Chiefs go to retire and keep working for the Navy.) My husband is also still in, although he'll be retired in 241 days or so. I have 666 days left. As of today.

hail satan

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

DownByTheWooter posted:

I think the real core competency of the United States Navy, when compared to the other branches of service is our ability to find and negotiate terms of service with east asian prostitutes, female or transexual. I don't think any other branch really comes close to our collective knowledge regarding the habits, price structures and services on offer of Filipina bargirls and Thai ladyboys

Other branches of service, yes, but I think fat British expats have us beat on this one.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

If the Navy was actually serious about prostitution then ships wouldn't go anywhere near SE Asia, much less loving Pattaya, Thailand.

Until that happens it's all lip service for the general public.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

SH

Soda Handler
Ship's Hairdresser
Stateroom Housekeeper

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Howard Phillips posted:

Someone tell me how sweet it is to get out and go to school on post 9/11 gi bill and yellow ribbon. Plus bitches and all that jazz. Just need some words of encouragement to keep pushing to my minimum service obligation.

I start school in two weeks and between Miami BAH and WA unemployment (which veterans stationed there qualify for regardless of where they move) I'll be pulling in like $4K/month. Still waiting on my VA disability rating, but it should be >20% which means I'll have enough benefits time to get a master's degree through voc rehab. Once I do my loss of income appeal I'll qualify for 100% pell grant. Basically, I'll be getting paid more to go to school than I was while active duty.

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Aug 13, 2014

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

I think if you go to Bahrain you'll make tax-free money and get HDP the entire time.

e: What are the other 28 choices like?

MancXVI fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Aug 13, 2014

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

Curious. I'll be doing my A school in Pensacola. Are their short time (6 month) car rentals like that charge something reasonable? I'd expect no due to it being a navy town but I'm curious.

If you don't own a car, just buy one whenever you get your partial restoration of basic human rights card from the barracks. Find a reputable dealership in Not Pensacola and get a ride there.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Whip out your dick and start beatin'. See if they join in.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

nacirema posted:

An instructor at HM a school recommend me for relief and separation for sleeping in class. Waving ucmj article 13, not 92 at me, I can't tell if he threatening or will actually do paperwork. I was told to wake up multiple times before. My grades are excellent. No paper was ever filed on me or got called for counseling. And I graduate in 10 days. Should I be worried, if so how can I present a case that is not about me be being a lovely sailor to Chief?

Define "recommend". Did you sign anything?

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

nacirema posted:

It was at the end of the day during our talk that he brought it up and said he will do it. I did not sign anything today. I think he meant page 13 instead of article.

If you graduate in ten days then a page 13 is basically toilet paper. I can't offer real advice, though.

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Vriess posted:

Fuckin' NAS Fallon man. Dry as gently caress. Cold. Desert. 24 on, 24 off schedule.

Airwings come and just gently caress the place up for a month at a time. They've only got one goddamned FAX machine for the whole place. Phantom Shitter in the Chapel. $800 per diem/month due to the galley having shitfuck hours, so a permissive rate is authorized. It's all spent on booze.

Chasing man-sized tumbleweeds across the flight line and FOD walkdowns almost hourly because of it.
Goddamned birdstrike threat everywhere.

FCPOA corruption and monopolization of duty vehicles run rampant. High altitude lowers blood pressure. Passed out while shaving and hit hard against the barracks' wall. Got yelled at for being late for work. Had to have an MRI.

But they had a VirtuaON Arcade Machine at Mean Gene's. That's pretty cool.

war is hell

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

hell yeah gonna get all sorts of business wearing this thing

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

mambo italiano posted:

Awesome my roommate works there at NASWI

Which shop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

mambo italiano posted:

Sorry man. I can't post that. She has a big black dog if that helps

I think I know who you're talking about. Tell her Obe said hi.

• Locked thread