Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Midrats: great meal, or greatest meal? It's honestly the one thing about the boat that I miss. I'm making french toast and eggs for dinner to cope with withdrawal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Sir Lucius posted:

I just went to safeway to buy limes and nacho ingredients. I don't understand why anyone would want to eat boat food.

I didn't say it was great cuisine, but a sandwich made out of a sausage patty, omelette, bacon, and two french toasts was my favorite part of the ship. And it's even more delicious after a few beers. And scotch. And more beer.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Christoff posted:

Hey spend 2 years at Lemoore

Or Fallon, China Lake, El Centro, Yuma etc

Yeah, the two big options for my next tour are Norfolk and Fallon. It's a tough choice.

There's a single spot at Lemoore too which is way, way, waaaaaaay at the bottom of the wish list. At least with Fallon you can drive an hour and be in Reno, an hour and a half and be in Tahoe. Drive an hour and a half from Lemoore and you're still in the middle of cow poo poo valley.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

vulturesrow posted:

Do you mind saying what billets you are looking at in those places?

Fallon would be the most likely place if I pick up WTI, though there are other random single slots all over the place. Norfolk would be FRS instructor, if I don't get picked for WTI.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

vulturesrow posted:

NSAWC or E2 Weapons School in Fallon? FRS duty is usually pretty good but I don't know how you feel about Norfolk.

E-2 weapons school. The FRS is a solid place to go career-wise, and a bunch of my friends are going there, but... yeah, Norfolk. Honestly, they've both got some pretty big upsides and downsides, so I'll just make the most of wherever I end up. I'm not much of an outdoorsy type, but that may change if I end up in Fallon. At the very least I'd be buying skis for the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Snowdens Secret posted:

Ugh please don't remind me of the times our cooks decided they knew better than the recipe mrc's

I still want to shake the hand of whoever came up with "corned beef" the day after St. Patrick's Day, which consisted of corn and ground beef mixed together with no other seasoning or ingredients. Because that's just a level of chutzpah you don't see very often in cooking.

• Locked thread