Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
I think the most hilarious part of the story is that somehow the ISIC managed to not know that the ship was missing an XO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
Bremerton itself is a lot nicer than it used to be and the ferry to Seattle is within walking distance of the base. If you're not in the barracks it's even better because Kitsap County has some of the best small-town living in the country. However:

- The west coast carriers do a big round-robin every few years between San Diego, Everett, Bremerton, Japan, and PSNS so they can all get their drydock maintenance done.

- I think it's pretty unlikely that any given person would be happy on both a carrier and a minesweeper. This is really a personality question to ask yourself.

- Are those really the best 3 choices?

Seriously though, people that talk about there being nothing to do in Bremerton either didn't have a car (there's nothing to do anywhere if you don't have a car) or just didn't try to go anywhere but the lovely dive bars right outside the base. All of these pictures were taken less than 90 minutes away:

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!
We got rid of midrats when we went to 8 hour watches.

Wish we'd gotten rid of breakfast instead.

• Locked thread