Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Nick Soapdish posted:

Why don't people just read the goddamn pub? It is OPNAV 6110.1J. I just don't understand why everyone listens to the loving gouge of random people but doesn't just read the black and white of the governing documents.

Poopkitty is, as usual, correct that it is based on command policy and not the OPNAV.

Like serious, read some loving paper people.

Edit: Thought I would also say, because my life has been doing better in both the personal and university, I have started to channel the hatred I had from those areas into dealing with the Navy so the came off a bit harsher than I wanted it but, gently caress y'all, read something.

hooyah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Netanyahu posted:

Other than the Seals/jets, what other cool poo poo is the US Navy responsible for doing that the general public might not be aware of?

being a single point of failure

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

that story rules, for a lot of reasons

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Reacon posted:

(I've spent 18 of my 20 years in Montana, where it never exceeds 70 in the apex of summer)

Where in the gently caress in MT were you that it never got over 70 during summer

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

cerekk don't tell people about kitsap county

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nacirema posted:

An instructor at HM a school recommend me for relief and separation for sleeping in class. Waving ucmj article 13, not 92 at me, I can't tell if he threatening or will actually do paperwork. I was told to wake up multiple times before. My grades are excellent. No paper was ever filed on me or got called for counseling. And I graduate in 10 days. Should I be worried, if so how can I present a case that is not about me be being a lovely sailor to Chief?

gently caress that know-nothing piece of poo poo, sleep through all of your classes. what can they do to you in 10 days????

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Christoff posted:

lol jfc you guys have never fallen asleep during a powerpoint

yeah and the adult thing to do is like stand up or i dunno hang yourself for being a failure at life if you can't manage to do that

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ManMythLegend posted:

which to my untrained eye says that if my professional training and experience contributed to the invention then the government can claim it. Interesting.

This is pretty much exactly it. Source: I used to be a Contracting Officer. This is why things like IDEA and the patent incentive things exist, because they want people to get at least enough credit that people aren't afraid to come up with poo poo.

That goes double for military. People trying to sell photographs was always pretty cure.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

poopkitty posted:

Um, no you don't. Maybe in the CG, but not in the Navy. I know quite a few without degrees. MCs too. Those guys are just really good at their jobs and care about their people, and didn't spend all of their time loving off and paying attention to collaterals and working on a poo poo "Business Management" degree. Unfortunately those folks are leaving because the Navy is turning into an entitled loser promotion factory. Thank you CSADD and Phoenix.

No, when the Navy tried to do that the CG strangely ran away from it really fast. First time they didn't just try to steal the idea and make it worse, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

poopkitty posted:

Maybe the CG is CWO then? When I was looking at the LDO/CWO program a Mentor of mine was all "but you need a degree!" and I was like, no? So maybe that's where I was confused. Either way, maybe I should have gone in the CG but whatever, 20 months to freedom.

Maybe to be competitive in certain ratings going into their respective CWO specialties. I know if you were an E6 trying to go for warrant you were mighty hosed if you didn't have a degree because of the number of points a chief gets out of the gate.

• Locked thread