Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zotix posted:

So the recruiter just said he won't take me down to MEPs if I'm holding out only for it/ctn/ctm. He said if i go down and i don't pick a job that i won't be taken back down. They only want people who are open to the jobs available when i go down. What the hell do i do goons?

No one has any loving hold on you what so ever. If your recruiter gives you this line of bullshit talk to his chief about it and he will get his rear end reamed for not taking a potential recruit to MEPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zotix posted:

Don't go pick a job i don't want? Or dont go down at all and talk to another recruiter? I'm thinking of just going and seeing what's available and if it's not there then gently caress em. The other recruiters were trying to tell me so many other jobs do IT stuff, and also do network security.

I did also talk to the officer recruiter today, but that was a no go. My gpa was a bit too low.

you can go to meps all the way up to the detailer, he will show you the jobs HE wants to fill first. tell him to gently caress off and show you what you want. if he won't give you what you want you are under NO obligation at all to take anything. you can simply say no thank you and be on your way home.

i went to the army meps before i went to the navy and did this exact thing.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
just remember this : the recruiter is NOT your friend

also he has zero control over what rate you are offered that is all the detailer at MEPS

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

PneumonicBook posted:

I don't know, I've always enjoyed the actual NEC part of my job, whether that be display, acnt, or teaching. Really it's all of the extraneous garbage that makes it such poo poo.

while on station on westpac was the only time i did my real job, and enjoyed it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
how to make chief :

1. take credit for everything anyone under you does

2. bash the gently caress out of your underlings

3. write yourself up for sweet medals

this is how my first lpo got chief, and also how 2 other guys on my boat did it

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Christoff posted:

isn't that navyadvancement.txt ?

its harder to write yourself up for medals if you aren't already e-6, unless you're a yeoman or something

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Zotix posted:

gently caress these recruiters. I called them up now because i want to go to meps sept 1. They knew this before, and that's why i drove 80 miles Monday to talk to them. I brought everything with me on Monday because i can't just drive to see them every day. In Monday they didn't take my paperwork when i said i was only interested in CTN, they only took the questionnaire for the sf86. They didn't take my birth cert, ss card, drivers license or any of that. So when i just called them they said they would work on getting my stuff together to go to meps on the 1st, but they seemed very lackadaisical about it, and i know for a fact they are missing info they need. These guys are pissing me off, but i don't have any other options really.

Is there no other recruitment stations near you? 80 miles to see recruiter seems kind of weird.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Sir Lucius posted:

I just went to safeway to buy limes and nacho ingredients. I don't understand why anyone would want to eat boat food.

Free.

well sorta free. more like already paid for.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

tuluk posted:

Not a navy guy....what exactly does that mean, something like armory guard detail?

he is keeping an eyebabysitting on 3 dudes who are in trouble

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ManMythLegend posted:

He's the principal from The Breakfast Club.

i can only hope he yells at one of them "COME ON BUDDY ONE SHOT THATS ALL I NEED JUST ONE SHOT"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
If it's actually good they would most likely just 'take' it and do whatever to gently caress you over legally.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
drat. I'm glad the cooks on my boat were decent. It was pretty rare to get a bad meal from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MancXVI posted:

hell yeah gonna get all sorts of business wearing this thing

you need to add an A to that

• Locked thread