Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Just realized it's been 3 years since I got out. :feelsgood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Godholio posted:

Awesome. She even mocked his babbydick.

Dude wore his flight suit to an off-base party. You know he had a tiny dick.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

It's not exactly CHRISTOPHER B. JAGASSAR (Put sea creatures in his girlfriends vagina ATTN: Future prospective employers) but it's pretty awful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_episode

And that's the story of how I got my name.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mud Shark posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_episode

And that's the story of how I got my name.
At least Led Zeppelin didn't try to put a sea anemone in someone's hoohah.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

At least Led Zeppelin didn't try to put a sea anemone in someone's hoohah.

Oh god I missed the anenome part.

Luckily the 3 rape briefings we got at MEPS have made my insatiable urge to rape slightly more manageable until I can receive further briefings.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
It's been almost 8 years since I've been out and things haven't changed at all.

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

SalTheBard posted:

No poo poo. The secret is to do your job and not care.

"The longer I stay in the Army, the more I am convinced the man who makes the greatest success in the Army is the fellow who has no initiative, exercises no intelligence, but merely does what he is told."

~ LTC Henry Arnold to MAJ Monk Hunter, personal correspondence, 1933

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

SalTheBard posted:

It's this guy's fault that I have enlisted to be a warrior airman in the worlds greatest Air Force.

Is he really my friend? y/n

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
No

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mud Shark posted:

It's this guy's fault that I have enlisted to be a warrior airman in the worlds greatest Air Force.

Is he really my friend? y/n

No

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

I was going to bring you back a hat so you could show off your AF pride but you can forget about it now you bastard. :(

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mud Shark posted:

I was going to bring you back a hat so you could show off your AF pride but you can forget about it now you bastard. :(

If they still have those awesome black and orange bomber jackets at Basic I want one of those. Those things are so bad rear end.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
My office is in the bottom floor of an Army barracks, and the shoppette entrance across the street is constantly clogged by stalls of people shilling overpriced worthless poo poo. I just a a Red Bull I don't want to buy a set of loving encyclopedias. Enlisted can only read to like a third grade level anyhow dude, know your market.

Wait enlisted also blow huge amounts of money on things they'll never even use. Well played, encyclopedias guy.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Flight chief just texted me out of the blue that I'm apparently deploying outside my window in October 11 minutes ago. I ask where and what right away and no response.

AIR POWER!

Edit: Somewhere.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 6, 2014

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Someone else probably got pulled off their deployment.* Know anybody who's been arrested or injured?

*Its equally likely to be that someone hosed up and this didn't drop when it should've, or your wing/group just didn't notice or say on it longer than they should.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Something similar happened to a buddy of mine, because the dude that was supposed to go decided to fail his 3rd PT test in a row. It was just Bagram.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
So, serious question. A CE officer slot (traditional guard) opened up on base, and I'm thinking about applying for it, considering I'm graduating with a degree in civil engineering in December. I have 5 years left on my guard contract, so I figured I might as well make some extra money on drill weekends and get and some more experience to add to my resume. If I'm going to spend at least 5 more years here, I might as well do it as a noble, right?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

pkells posted:

So, serious question. A CE officer slot (traditional guard) opened up on base, and I'm thinking about applying for it, considering I'm graduating with a degree in civil engineering in December. I have 5 years left on my guard contract, so I figured I might as well make some extra money on drill weekends and get and some more experience to add to my resume. If I'm going to spend at least 5 more years here, I might as well do it as a noble, right?
Why not?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Everyone update your dream sheets so you can look at where you could have gotten orders to if you weren't stuck at Lackland forever.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard there's AMCC slots at Spang. It'd be sweet to get one but after all the people who are like 'yeah travis is my first base & also i've been here 8 years. but you'll pcs i'm sure!!!' I'm p prepared for the worst.

Also the new promotion system looks insanely good and not backroom-dealy at all.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
You don't like it at Travis? Because Travis is a pretty good base to me.

Then again, people bitch about places like Hickam because they are stupid loving rednecks who miss the monster trucks and tornadoes of rural South Dakota, so idk.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Can one of you flyer types recommend me a pair of hearing protection headphones with an auxiliary input? Thanks.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Obama Africanus posted:

If-Then Rape Loop

Couple days old but this would be a pretty pro namechange / parachute account

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

My EQUAL Overseas list is out. Looks like I'm leaving Germany and my only overseas options are Turkey and Diego Garcia. Anyone know if Diego is GO1B for a year? That's really going to effect my decision to vol or not.

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

Can one of you flyer types recommend me a pair of hearing protection headphones with an auxiliary input? Thanks.
Can you get ACCES free from work? There's an adaptor that'll take 3.5mm input.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
AFPC denied my follow-on after Osan because they're overmanned for SrA.

I'm a staff.

fml

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rekinom posted:

You don't like it at Travis? Because Travis is a pretty good base to me.

Then again, people bitch about places like Hickam because they are stupid loving rednecks who miss the monster trucks and tornadoes of rural South Dakota, so idk.

Oh, no. Travis itself is fine. I just hate my unit. The only happy people I've met around here are from the tanker units so it makes since that you like it.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

Shalhavet posted:

I'm a staff.

fml

Won't help. AFPC looks at manning by your CAFSC skill level, not actual rank. So SrA and SSgt are both interchangeable in a manning slot being 5 levels, same with TSgt and MSgt.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Wild T posted:

Anyone know if Diego is GO1B for a year? That's really going to effect my decision to vol or not.

Last time I checked it was a 15 month remote, you could drink and fish to your heart's content for all 15 months.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Wild T posted:

My EQUAL Overseas list is out. Looks like I'm leaving Germany and my only overseas options are Turkey and Diego Garcia. Anyone know if Diego is GO1B for a year? That's really going to effect my decision to vol or not.

I don't know about AF, but my Navy corpsman friend said all he did there for 2 years was drink the pain away.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

iyaayas01 posted:

Last time I checked it was a 15 month remote, you could drink and fish to your heart's content for all 15 months.

Just listed it on the dream sheet. All I knew about it previously is that the island is infested with wild chickens.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dominoes posted:

Can you get ACCES free from work? There's an adaptor that'll take 3.5mm input.
I don't think so.

Just heard a base page about an oil cart that apparently went missing waiting to go to DRMO. The implication being that somebody stole it, and you won't be punished if you give it back now. It was both described as going to DRMO and as essential to the flying mission, so I'm not sure how that works.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Shalhavet posted:

I'm a staff.

fml

If you're at Osan we probably need to drink together one night. We can get nullscan in on this poo poo. Also I don't have a follow-on. I've got six months left.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

I'm predicting tummy slaps by midnight. Godspeed.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Wild T posted:

I'm predicting tummy slaps by midnight. Godspeed.

Diego has Corona commercial style beaches and massive coconut crabs. Aside from the isolation its a beautiful island with a really laid back atmosphere. Dunno what it'd be like on the Airforce side of things, I only went there as a submariner.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Just found out I'm going to be rolling with some spec ops team into some country we apparently don't have much of a presence in to kill child soldiers or Ebola zombies or some poo poo.

I'm completely unqualified for this and no one knows what to expect because this is the first deployment to this place.

gently caress

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Casimir Radon posted:

FlightComm made some a few years ago that even muted when something came on the radio. It was great for sitting alert at a FOB in Iraq.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Cenen posted:

Just found out I'm going to be rolling with some spec ops team into some country we apparently don't have much of a presence in to kill child soldiers or Ebola zombies or some poo poo.

I'm completely unqualified for this and no one knows what to expect because this is the first deployment to this place.

gently caress
:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
It was nice knowing you Cenan. I'm sure you'll survive the hyper Ebola AIDS but only because you'll fall to internet withdrawal long before that.

Shoot a monkey for us.

• Locked thread