Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I heard there's AMCC slots at Spang. It'd be sweet to get one but after all the people who are like 'yeah travis is my first base & also i've been here 8 years. but you'll pcs i'm sure!!!' I'm p prepared for the worst.

Also the new promotion system looks insanely good and not backroom-dealy at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rekinom posted:

You don't like it at Travis? Because Travis is a pretty good base to me.

Then again, people bitch about places like Hickam because they are stupid loving rednecks who miss the monster trucks and tornadoes of rural South Dakota, so idk.

Oh, no. Travis itself is fine. I just hate my unit. The only happy people I've met around here are from the tanker units so it makes since that you like it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so i took a mock pt test, and got a 13:56. i've already failed a pt test, so this is that 3 month retest coming up in a week.

i'm not a fatty. i've gained a little weight since basic, but i can and do run 1.5 mile runs in less than 13:36 on my own when i just run for fun or exercise.

i just don't give a gently caress about being in the air force, and everything is loving gay. however!!! i'm coming up on the end of my first year in the AF this month, so it's not like any of this will go away.

i guess what i'm asking is please convince me that the AF was not a horrible life decision that i should regret nearly daily (which is what i do, ever since finishing tech school). i can't post at work but i can read it just fine. which is where i'll be for the next 8 hours (420 shift work erryday)

i like my job. i like to help people. it feels good when i help prevent possible delays. it feels good even just doing basic poo poo like connecting people to the chaplain after they close up shop. i even love planes so much it kinda gives me a semi when i hear a kc10 or a c5 rumble through the walls when they take off. i am a patriot, and i've always thought that civil service of some type was extremely my poo poo (i was a volunteer first responder thinking about fire academy/EMT school before enlisting).

and yet i just feel constantly beat down and im just loving depressed all the time. idk what to do. my supervisor suggested doing some kind of reblueing type seminar poo poo they offer around base, but i just feel like there's no point to anything.

sorry for e/n posting but plz. gbs will laugh at me if i post it there.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

boy a year of easy 8-hour shift work? what a loving bummer of a life man, the AF really is the loving pits.

you dumb whiny gently caress. at least put a couple years in so you can come up with something real to complain about and get a drinking habit before talking about how you feel sad about...what exactly?

thank you. i really just needed someone to tell me to stop being a stupid fag instead of encouraging it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i appreciate the words, by the way.

except i don't work 8s i work 12s :negative:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no, seriously. i really appreciate the real talk. i have literally never had anyone in the air force military speak like a human being to me, it's all buzzwords and poo poo everywhere.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they still can and do hand out article 15s to total retards who also manage to fail pt tests.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rekinom posted:

If they're trying to kill you by the time they are in Phase 3, the world could probably do without being terrorized in the sky by your awful students.

Or just send them to C-17s I guess.

i know c-17s have all the fancy avionics but i swear every kc10 and c5 pilot has to transform into the :smuggo: king when there's a c17 guy around

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
personally i think transparency makes the military work better, not worst. at least in my unit, the transparent processes are the only ones that aren't insanely hosed up somehow because thrre's little oversight, or if there is, both ends just try to hide it instead of fix it.

im a stupid enlisted though. also i went to mental health today. i just want to feel like a person again

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cenen posted:

Found out I'll be spending my deployment chillin in civilian cloths sipping on my two drinks a day until I have to hop into a helicopter to go pick up some tip of the spear dude with his brains hanging out.

I feel like I came out on top for this round.

Edit: How the gently caress does a bunch of armed white people in a fenced off area with helicopters coming and going count as inconspicuous? Oh hey they aren't in a uniform, no way are they military.

uhh, dude, lol. it wouldn't be the military if it wasn't for the uniform. :rolleyes:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

krispykremessuck posted:

why are you so wound up about this bud

nothing worse than someone who sticks up for an ethically questionable amc officer

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

What the gently caress do you even do?

the world's luckiest IDMT

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i know im a gay baby but talking to people feels nice.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rekinom posted:

the nonflying part of the air force is like this parallel bizarro universe

I mean wtf do you guys even do lol

have planes exist as a paper thing / entry in GDSS and nothing more

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
edit: hahaha im loving blind

anyway my security clearance is almost definitely getting temporarily suspended because i went to mental health. i'm not surprised exactly but it means i can't be an actual junior controller, and i get to be an actual airman for once and do useless poo poo like pick up cigarette butts. how is that supposed to help me not be a sad little bitch? my job is the only thing i take pride in any more. :negative:

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 29, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lazy Reservist posted:

Who told you your clearance was getting suspended? Did you go to mental health voluntarily, or were you ordered to go? If you went on your own volition, it won't affect your clearance, unless they think you should be institutionalized.

The CPTS Superintendent told ours it was what the commander decided and that it would pop up in the system eventually. And I went voluntarily, so I'm equally annoyed that this happened. It's not a major deal since 90% of my job at Travis is unclassified anyway, but like I said I can't actually count as someone working since I need SIPR access to send out reports and process DEPORDS or whatever.

Kuroyama posted:

Yeah, I went to mental health, and I didn't lose my clearance. And I think we have the same jobs, so you're probably fine.

It'd be pretty funny if we had more than one Command Post dork in GiP.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cojawfee posted:

You lost your secret clearance because of mental health? lol they give those out like candy.

Yeah they rubberstamped my TSEC but the instant I go to mental health suddenly it has to get temp suspended. aaaaaaaaaaaa

vvv It's getting worked. My superintedent is furious that they even mentioned it to anyone before submitting paperwork or at least talking to him, since he's also the security manager. It also can't be my review because I haven't even held my clearance long enough to need a review in the first place.

Larry Parrish fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 29, 2014

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Obama Africanus posted:

Hey, you need to get with one of us older guys- pick one of the guys that isn't as crazy as me or as medicated, and have them help you understand how to contact ADC, and how to start writing memos.

There's processes in place to protect you, and the government here. Both need to be followed, And my gut says "told I have lost my clearance after one trip to Mental Health" sounds like you are being misled, lied to, misunderstood, or you are somehow more cray cray than even me. And do you really think that's the case?

So yeah, get someone you can trust to help you IRL @ your base. But also, and I'm serious here.. Stay calm, it's all good man. Enjoy the long weekend, don't do stupid things like drink or any mind altering poo poo right now. Holidays + a Stress + military + mental health? We lose guys around here with those combos and your current vector- so please be careful man.

Just be safe and stay calm.

Thanks. And I will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iyaayas01 posted:

The only thing I can think of is if it's some weird PRP-eqsue "certification" for CP folks that you're referring to as opposed to a no bullshit clearance. The rules for something like that could possibly be different (they'll suspend your PRP temporarily for taking OTC cold meds lol). I have no idea if such a thing even exists but if that's the case the rules might be different and I would look into it further.

But yeah, if you're talking about a no bullshit security clearance, regardless of whether it's Secret, TS, or SCI/SAP/whatever access, you're being lied to.

We do have a ~~extra-special~~ certification, but it's not PRP-like at all. And it's handled by my operational chain, not the administrative one.

Like I said it's just what the SQ superintendent says, so as far as anyone knows it's BS. But they'll probably start the paperwork on Tuesday, since it's apparently what Mental Health suggested.

• Locked thread