Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Seriously, before it starts to make sense to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
Will a laser level work for mounting an aftermarket badge? Is the laser very wide?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

DrPain posted:

Will a laser level work for mounting an aftermarket badge? Is the laser very wide?

stick it in front of a magnifying glass.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
gently caress, what happened to July?

There are not too many weeks left until the season finale of Alberta AI. :(

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 243 days!)

Hot August Nights, Motherbitches!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Last day of work before shutdown and it's traditional something breaks, it's my press. I end up leaving 5 hours late after handballing parts down the line so the entire factory doesn't stop tonight.

Cycle press
Open doors
Wait for slide lock to engage
Shut scrap chutes
Move parts from w4 to stillage
Parts from w3 to w4
Parts from idle station to w3
Parts from w2 to idle station
Parts from w1 to w2
Put new blank in w1
Open scrap chutes
Close doors
Cycle press
Repeat for 150 parts

We averaged 22 parts an hour

Kill me now.

Of yes, I'm going back in tomorrow because the press is still in pieces. So yeah, my shutdown doesn't start yet.

E:I wasn't doing this solo, but it sucked.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This seems like peak Cubs right here.

Viggen posted:

Hot August Nights, Motherbitches!

I went to that...12 years ago with my old man. Pretty damned fun if you've got a never-ending appetite for :patriot: MURICAN MUSCLE :patriot:

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

IOwnCalculus posted:

I went to that...12 years ago with my old man. Pretty damned fun if you've got a never-ending appetite for :patriot: MURICAN MUSCLE :patriot:

There was some pretty good trolling going on at GSR yesterday, already (MGM, Ballys, Hilton, or whatever the gently caress it was called when you were here last). Someone parked an '05 Challenger right next to a ton of goats, and there was a ~52 plum crazy purple ford truck (chopped and slammed, of course) parked with the 'cudas. There was one legit VW bug that was reverted back to stock, and nobody seemed to even notice the guy sitting there.

There is a beautiful blue '72 442 W-30 that I'd consider going SAE for.

I proudly wore part of my AI:SS 2012 gift (an old sunbleached SAAB XWD hat - thanks again, you crazy dancing queen), which ensured that very few people spoke with me.

Probably going to go back tomorrow. Either that, or do actual work. <:smug:>

SlimManFat
Nov 12, 2010

RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST RUST
Maybe UF's new employment will last until September Chat. :iiam:

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Baseball makes the best gifs of any sport and I won't hear otherwise.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Welp, sitting on the side of the highway in a humvee an hour south of Flagstaff. Trailer wheel didn't decide it liked being attached to the hub anymore. Pictures when I have better data coverage.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

JFC. eBay parts buyers are the worst.

dood posted:

I bought refurbished unit and when I drive my car, I hear 2 beeps that sound like elevator beeps and red lights all over the dash board come on and then go off. When the night panel is depressed all of the gages go to 0 and don't record anything. The transmission service light was on before I installed the unit, I had it serviced and the light is still on.

The guy bought a completely unrelated part, but it makes the beep noise. I can't tell if his ABS controller is making GBS threads itself, or he is just fucktarded (not knowing what the "Night Panel" button is for).

Goober Peas posted:

Ebay and Craigslist seem to be a magnet for dum-dums, but you have to take the good with the bad. And laugh a lot.

Waiting for my first neg to be "I installed this screen and then my transmission died!" :q:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Aug 1, 2014

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I bought a 'new, unopened, OEM' power antenna for the Allante' from a dude. It was new, back in 1987 (according to the manufacturing stamp), and sure enough in the unopened OEM box. The plastic teeth promptly ground themselves to a fine power upon installation, much like the one I was replacing. Dude couldn't understand why I was upset. Especially since I paid him not that much less than what the Cadillac dealer wanted for a 'new, unopened, OEM' one.

Ebay and Craigslist seem to be a magnet for dum-dums, but you have to take the good with the bad. And laugh a lot.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Along those lines... a couple of months ago I sold a 10ish year old 32" Flat Screen tv to a Craigslist guy for $50. He came to pick it up and after we exchanged money, kept asking me "What else are you going to give me for $50?". I just stared at him until he became uncomfortable and left.

edit: He was looking for a blow job

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Goober Peas posted:

This gives 'test drive' an entirely different meaning. :holymoley:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Even I have standards...

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Goober Peas posted:

Even I have standards...

Not like you were selling a Subaru..

Wait, did we just completely derail an IoC thread.. about nothing? :redhammer:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Goober Peas posted:

Even I have standards...

I'm glad someone around here does.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Viggen posted:

I proudly wore part of my AI:SS 2012 gift (an old sunbleached SAAB XWD hat - thanks again, you crazy dancing queen), which ensured that very few people spoke with me.

Yeah, blame the hat.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

CharlesM posted:

Yeah, blame the hat.

You don't understand. Brand fanaticism happens before personal assessme..oh, wait, nevermind.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm glad someone around here does.

I also have practices...

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Goober Peas posted:

GooberPeas are you a chick?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

I'm thinking of doing my own HowToBasic, but geared towards women. Instead of an egg, I'll use a butter knife.

E: Oooohkaaaay, this last one went beyond bizarre and into "gently caress this" territory.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Aug 2, 2014

TrueChaos
Nov 14, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

Seriously, before it starts to make sense to you.

He is going slowly crazy, isn't he.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

leica posted:

GooberPeas are you a chick?

That's a negative, Ghost Rider

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So were you dressed provocatively then? You were asking for it, weren't you :colbert:

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Show me where on the manifold they touched out leica

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Just been to see Guardians Of The Galaxy. The post-credits stinger is possibly the greatest troll since Marvel started making these films.

Cakefool posted:

Last day of work before shutdown and it's traditional something breaks, it's my press. I end up leaving 5 hours late after handballing parts down the line so the entire factory doesn't stop tonight.

Cycle press
Open doors
Wait for slide lock to engage
Shut scrap chutes
Move parts from w4 to stillage
Parts from w3 to w4
Parts from idle station to w3
Parts from w2 to idle station
Parts from w1 to w2
Put new blank in w1
Open scrap chutes
Close doors
Cycle press
Repeat for 150 parts

We averaged 22 parts an hour

Kill me now.

Of yes, I'm going back in tomorrow because the press is still in pieces. So yeah, my shutdown doesn't start yet.

E:I wasn't doing this solo, but it sucked.
Ah yes, that school of organisation. Makes you wonder if the first aid policy is limited to "you touched him last, you have to hide the body!"

Last month, me and the despatch guys did enough hours in one day to cause them to actually change the rules on overtime working. We were very proud.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Goober Peas posted:

That's a negative, Ghost Rider

I'm game.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Aug 2, 2014

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Twister, Connect Four, or Pin the tail on the donkey?

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

page 1 catte

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Slow is Fast posted:

page 1 catte

:eyepop:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Slow is Fast posted:

page 1 catte

Is like wool

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Slow is Fast posted:

page 1 catte

Mom's decor :3:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
gently caress yes, August! I'm only two months away from the drunken squirrel hunt.

Time to find some new furniture.

Every god drat year they burn all my nice furniture.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Welp. I17 is in no mood to be hosed with today, is it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I posted in the MZR thread but I think it might be time to bail on the MS6. The Miata is a better DD (until winter, we shall see how that goes) and I think it might be a good idea to grab something a little more reliable and that won't eat clutches like Cookie Monster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Rhyno posted:

I posted in the MZR thread but I think it might be time to bail on the MS6. The Miata is a better DD (until winter, we shall see how that goes) and I think it might be a good idea to grab something a little more reliable and that won't eat clutches like Cookie Monster.

Come to NC and buy my Mazda2. :getin:

• Locked thread