Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump
Jan 19, 2006

InitialDave posted:

Manual swap using dead Micra bits! C'mon, it'll be fun!

The Cappo is great, but they rust like a motherfucker, and if she doesn't know what oversteer is, she'd soon learn.

At least it has a slightly better engine than the old 1.3 boat anchor.

The thought has crossed my mind, that will probably be her second car unless I can convince her a Triumph Spitfire is a better idea. She is insured on the 3 series so I'll take her on a DSC-off drive in that come winter :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piss boner
May 17, 2003

I had that happen on MSR Tampa.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

stump posted:

Going to look at this tomorrow with the GF for her first car. I want her to buy it so I can whip around in it without having to own such an embarrassing fabulous car.

I don't know about the convertible but the normal ones are the most unsafe feeling shitboxes ever! I would rather drive a micra than one of them and I like Ford, just not the Ka.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Time to buy a Camry.

I wish I was joking.

cursedshitbox posted:

I'm ready for something dull and boring too.

And have a driveway full of boring cars like me? With no project thread? Well, poo poo.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

thegasman2000 posted:

I don't know about the convertible but the normal ones are the most unsafe feeling shitboxes ever! I would rather drive a micra than one of them and I like Ford, just not the Ka.

Test drove a normal one today and it felt fine, but I can see how you would feel like that. It's very much a go cart with a roof feeling, I don't think that's such a bad thing for a for a first car though. I figure they can't be a complete death trap if they made them till 2008 or something.

Micra is also on the list though, a nice looking '03 new shape one got sold before we could see it today.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I wish they sold cappuchinos over here at any time, someone buy one and post it to me in a flat rate box please?

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
For a second I was confused as hell and was going to ask where you live that doesn't have a Starbucks. :v:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

If you get a cappuccino at starbucks you're doing it wrong.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

kastein posted:

I wish they sold cappuchinos over here at any time, someone buy one and post it to me in a flat rate box please?

Pretty sure you just have to download the PDF, print it out and cut/fold it up.
just bitter because I'm too tall to fit into basically any kei car, regardless of availability

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

Way back in the mists of time when I was a freshman in high school, my best friend was a guy in his early 40's. It was kinda weird when he met my mom and they then briefly hooked up for a while.

Kind of?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I had a college coworker who had a Mrs Robinson thing going on with a mutual friend's mother. It was definitely awkward.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

leica posted:

If you get a cappuccino at starbucks you're doing it wrong.

They give me funny looks when I go in and order 8-12 shots of espresso and that is it.

Its used as fuel rods for when shitpile breaks down and I'm stuck to pushing it to my destination

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

cursedshitbox posted:

They give me funny looks when I go in and order 8-12 shots of espresso and that is it.

Even the Italians rolled their eyes when I went in for a five shot first thing in the morning. It's like Speed (in all uses of the term); I can't let my BPM slow down or I'll die.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm not happy unless I jitter like a detroit 2 stroke hunting for idle.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
When I go in for my annual Seafoaming, the nurses hold the AED up to my chest in order to recharge its batteries.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I have sleep problems and stopped drinking regular coffee; I still sometimes have a glass of ice tea or a soda at lunch, but that's it. It's amazing how sensitive I've become to the stuff since scaling back.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Even the Italians rolled their eyes when I went in for a five shot first thing in the morning. It's like Speed (in all uses of the term); I can't let my BPM slow down or I'll die.

A redline a day keeps the carbon away :eng101:

Or tears your heart valves open, whatever.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

Or tears your heart valves open, whatever.

The word is port.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Coffee stopped working.

Propaganda Bob
Aug 26, 2006

Not one step backwards!
Only by mouth, huh?

blk
Dec 19, 2009

13 INCH DICK posted:

Coffee stopped working.

ADD?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Re: Birthday - I've just realized my birthday was like a week ago. Nice.

In Caffeine-chat, I don't feel like I really need it to live but I certainly feel worse if I'm not ceaselessly chugging cola.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

is hell

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Its actually pretty loving rough when people think Im either doing it to get my legal speed or because I just need to focus harder and I can be sent to the store with a list in hand go down and check off everythi g and come home and find Im missing stuff and then my girlfriend thinks Im doing it on purpose because how could someone have a list and still leave poo poo off? Not because my eyes glaze over and bounce around and Im pretty sure I did everything perfect and I didnt

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Tommychu posted:

Pretty sure you just have to download the PDF, print it out and cut/fold it up.
just bitter because I'm too tall to fit into basically any kei car, regardless of availability
How tall are you?

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

I don't want to be the self-diagnosing shithead but it would explain so much. What do I do about that?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Its actually pretty loving rough when people think Im either doing it to get my legal speed or because I just need to focus harder and I can be sent to the store with a list in hand go down and check off everythi g and come home and find Im missing stuff and then my girlfriend thinks Im doing it on purpose because how could someone have a list and still leave poo poo off? Not because my eyes glaze over and bounce around and Im pretty sure I did everything perfect and I didnt

:(:hf::(

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

13 INCH DICK posted:

Serious question, how do you get to be a competent motor mechanic with ADD?

Dave, are you guessing or do the Micra bits bolt straight up?

I passed a dark blue ka with gold wheels yesterday, I thought a ludicrous wrong and scoop and some 555 123 graphics would look stupid awesome on it. Then I started thinking about how to make a ka fast. Then I came to my senses

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Cakefool posted:

Then I started thinking about how to make a ka fast.

Drive it off a cliff :haw:

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

Drive it off a cliff :haw:

Drop it from an aircraft!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cakefool posted:

I passed a dark blue ka with gold wheels yesterday, I thought a ludicrous wrong and scoop and some 555 123 graphics would look stupid awesome on it. Then I started thinking about how to make a ka fast. Then I came to my senses

Serious answer you learn to find tools in a pile pn the top of the box and try to lump bolts in piles approximating where they came out and hope for the best and thank god that your hands remember what your mind cant. And always, always trust your internal voice if it tells you to go back and recheck something.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

Guessing, but I know they're based on the Micra, and I can't imagine they'd have gone and made custom stuff rather than parts-binning if they could possibly avoid it.

I mean, how hard can it be?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Jeremy Clarkson posted:

I mean, how hard can it be?

You tell us.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

13 INCH DICK posted:

Serious answer you learn to find tools in a pile pn the top of the box and try to lump bolts in piles approximating where they came out and hope for the best and thank god that your hands remember what your mind cant. And always, always trust your internal voice if it tells you to go back and recheck something.

and, if you can't do that, see my posts in the Volvo thread for an example of what happens. i forgot to change the air filter that came with my car for an entire goddamn year

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

CharlesM posted:

For a second I was confused as hell and was going to ask where you live that doesn't have a Starbucks. :v:

Australia. Because we know what real coffee tastes like and we have any number of actual decent coffee places. Dont ask why but this shithole has gotten very sophisticated about coffee in the last ten years

leica posted:

If you get aanything at starbucks you're doing it wrong.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

13 INCH DICK posted:

Coffee stopped working.

Amphetamine bros :sun: :hf: :sun:

Without them I am basically a goldfish.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Boiling coffee, or "cowboy coffee" is the only good way to make it anyway, and they only serve drip brew at any place I've ever been to (Starbucks or otherwise).

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Had to explain to someone yesterday that there is such a thing as a car with an automatic gearbox which was a bit odd

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

dubzee posted:

Amphetamine bros :sun: :hf: :sun:

Without them I am basically a goldfish.

William Shatner?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cakefool posted:

develop OCD. become the weirdest motherfucker in the shop at the same time!

• Locked thread