Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
In the middle of yesterdays shitsandwich of the bike munching the engine in 110* heat, I saw a spankin' new rallyfighter screaming on the beltloop wide drat open. It made a miserable experience slightly less so.

I should seriously consider one in a year or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA

cursedshitbox posted:

In the middle of yesterdays shitsandwich of the bike munching the engine in 110* heat, I saw a spankin' new rallyfighter screaming on the beltloop wide drat open. It made a miserable experience slightly less so.

I should seriously consider one in a year or two.

Too bad they are like 100k

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Holdbrooks posted:

Too bad they are like 100k

Too bad I'm going to be another broke college student with a ton of broken toys.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Geirskogul posted:

Listen, he's really loving happy about his brake pads, okay?

I feel shame whenever I have to order nascar branded parts from Canadian tire by name

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

8ender posted:

I feel shame whenever I have to order nascar branded parts from Canadian tire by name

The last time I got a Canadian Tire NASCAR-branded battery (cheapest one still in stock in my size, mid-November) the clerk asked me if my WRX would only be able to turn left from now on.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
If they sell them in Australia do you only get to turn right?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

opengl128 posted:

10.9 is free. But you have to get it through the App Store, which you don't get untless you have 10.6 or newer, so you need to track down a 10.6 disc first. I'd stick with 10.6 on an 09 anyway, 10.9 is slower on them, especially since it probably only has 2gb RAM.

So I have to physically go into the store huh. Maybe Ill try this and face the glares at my archaic laptop from the nerd bar.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 243 days!)

While you are at it, say that 8.1 is still the best release of MacOS, and that you wish that Microsoft didn't discontinue IE for Mac because it is really hard to get it working under SheepShaver these days. Then, take a picture of their ~ :v:

--

Well I just replaced the cupholder in the OG9-3 that I accidentally tapped with my hand last week, which when coupled with over a decade of UV rays, caused the plastic to fall apart. That design is awful. One swinging piece of plastic attached to a metal shroud with poo poo tabs to hold it in. Oi.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 31, 2014

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

cursedshitbox posted:

Too bad I'm going to be another broke college student with a ton of broken toys.

As long as they don't break off inside you, you're ok.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
So subaru was parked for a month with a 5 year old battery. Literally had the jumper cables at the ready. Started with no complaints. Guess sears batteries are pretty good.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

nm posted:

So subaru was parked for a month with a 5 year old battery. Literally had the jumper cables at the ready. Started with no complaints. Guess sears batteries are pretty good.

Batteries and appliances are the two things they still do right.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Viggen posted:

E: Dammit I know it is Labor Day weekend, but I invoiced you on Friday, fucktard. Pay me so I can hopefully use it to supplement the money I don't have for a not-quite-emergency trip.

Ever wonder how Viggen customer service would be? Now you don't.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Viggen posted:

While you are at it, say that 8.1 is still the best release of MacOS

8.6 or don't even bother. If you're using a 68k OS8 is just a burden, and that's the only advantage of anything before 8.5.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I ordered something on Amazon with guaranteed delivery on Monday and they sent it via USPS, who won't deliver Monday. :facepalm:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Oh dang double post.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

Ever wonder how Viggen customer service would be? Now you don't.

B2B is a little different than B2C, but keep grabbing for that low hanging fruit. Little old ladies who hoard cats and kindles alike absolutely love me. Even yours. Lazy vendors- step up, or get replaced. There are plenty of others waiting in line.

Tommychu posted:

8.6 or don't even bother. If you're using a 68k OS8 is just a burden, and that's the only advantage of anything before 8.5.

You can throw a couple extensions at 8.1 and have it crash half as much. I seem to remember you needed to ResEdit everything and ConflictCatcher a special startup if you planned to use Netscape for more than a minute.

E: Why the gently caress do I remember this? :psyduck:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

B2B is a little different than B2C, but keep grabbing for that low hanging fruit. Little old ladies who hoard cats and kindles alike absolutely love me. Even yours. Lazy vendors- step up, or get replaced. There are plenty of others waiting in line.

You were bitching that you sent an invoice and hadn't received payment, what does that have to do with a vendor... Either way, whether you are dealing with a customer or another business, I don't think calling the person/entity a "fucktard" in the Something Awful forums is the pinnacle of service or respect.

Viggen posted:

Even yours.

And you're griping at me for low hanging fruit? :laugh:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

When are you and Viggen just gonna make out and get it over with?

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

meatpimp posted:

You were bitching that you sent an invoice and hadn't received payment, what does that have to do with a vendor... Either way, whether you are dealing with a customer or another business, I don't think calling the person/entity a "fucktard" in the Something Awful forums is the pinnacle of service or respect.

When you beg that I get your bundle together so you can have it shipped before a long weekend, then completely fail to do your 3 minutes of work required after I busted my rear end to do so? That is indeed a fucktard. They asked me to get them the invoice ASAP. I even sent them a heads' up when I got everything packed up, and would be going into town so I could shave a day off of shipping from the remote station out here.

meatpimp posted:

And you're griping at me for low hanging fruit? :laugh:

We know to expect it of you. Step up your game. Besides, its the little old Nook ladies that are loving insane. I had one give me instructions on how to flash some CYGENMOD release or something onto an SD card. Er, well, no. I just make them work. You want to mod 'em? Go for it, but I can't warranty that.

Fart Pipe posted:

I think he is still afraid to show affection in public. A forum regular gave me a really nasty custom title, and was lambasted by the rest of AI for it - and people like the regular guy. :v:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 31, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Fart Pipe posted:

I want to like Viggen... sometimes he makes it hard. I'm sure there are others that feel the same about me. :wink:

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Something Awful Forums > Automotive Insanity: Low Hanging Fruits

The Royal Nonesuch fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 31, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Something Awful Forums > Automotive Insanity: Low Hanging Fruits

This isn't the Miata thread. :q:

meatpimp posted:

I want to like Viggen... sometimes he makes it hard.

Bitching about customers who don't follow through is so completely out of bounds on the website that put 9/11 to Yakity Sax. What the hell was I thinking?!

CharlesM posted:

I ordered something on Amazon with guaranteed delivery on Monday and they sent it via USPS, who won't deliver Monday. :facepalm:

Hit up their customer service, yet? They may do a special snowflake 1 day dispatch to make up for it, no additional charge.

Sooo I noticed that under direct sunlight, my replacement cupholder/SID ENCROACHMENT doesn't quite match the fading on the radio or the SID anymore. Time to Plastidip the interior.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Aug 31, 2014

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CharlesM posted:

Online chat one of their customer service reps. I had this happen a couple times (because I forget about holidays constantly) and both times they took care of me. Think account credit a couple times and upgraded shipping on something else.

Brother's wedding went off with no big problems amazingly. Saw a lot of family, did some white water rafter and had a great time. Drank way too much wine, beer and moonshine in the past couple days. Brother's friends from high school haven't grown up at all so they provided entertainment once drunk. Very fun but glad it's over with and I have tomorrow to unwind and relax before going back to work Tuesday.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Fart Pipe posted:

Yes -- please let me know so I can schedule to be on vacation on Jupiter or somewhere

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Preoptopus posted:

So I have to physically go into the store huh.

Nonono, App Store, not Mac Store. It's like the App Store application for iPhones/pads, but for actual Mac computers. You can buy and download the new OSX install from the App Store app, is what he was saying. Apple has started making all new OSX releases download only.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

NitroSpazzz posted:

Online chat one of their customer service reps. I had this happen a couple times (because I forget about holidays constantly) and both times they took care of me. Think account credit a couple times and upgraded shipping on something else.

Just happened with me last week. Ordered something with 2-day Prime shipping on Wednesday. Amazon didn't actually ship it until Thursday and it didn't show up on Friday.

This is getting increasingly common with Amazon, so I emailed and asked them about it. They offered a 1-month Prime extension or $5.00 off. I took the extension, but I'd rather they get their algorithms straight and not wait a full day before shipping just because it "should" get to me next-day via USPS. USPS has never been known to be unreliable.

Edit: I may have mis-read, Viggen... I thought you were calling out trouser chili from your "fucktard" post.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 31, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Viggen posted:

Hit up their customer service, yet? They may do a special snowflake 1 day dispatch to make up for it, no additional charge.

NitroSpazzz posted:

Apparently USPS does Sunday delivery now?

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

CharlesM posted:

There will be people in the post office on Labor Day, even if it's closed. If it's sent priority express (what they call express mail now), it will get delivered regardless of what day it is. When I was working as a low-level city carrier assistant I had to go in on federal holidays and empty out the blue collection boxes just in case they were overfilled from the weekend (they never were). Double penalty overtime though, which almost made up for getting there at 6 AM.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

CharlesM posted:

Priority Express costs more than UPS. I really don't know why they'd do that.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Yeah...it came today. That's great! Phew.
edit: Because it's Amazon :v:
double edit: also it only had 34 miles to go, don't know if that make any difference.

Kia Soul Enthusias fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 31, 2014

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

CharlesM posted:

edit: Because it's Amazon :v:

Amazon has a good history here.

First, they open a media (CD/DVD/etc) warehouse about 60 miles East of Reno.
Then, they open a huge "HEAVY loving poo poo" (BBQs) site about 20 miles North of Reno.
They close the HFS within a couple years, and move it to the East coast.
They have just broken ground about 15 miles North of Reno. Guess what it is going to handle. :v:

CharlesM posted:

double edit: also it only had 34 miles to go, don't know if that make any difference.

That doesn't make a difference on the gently caress-you charges. It had to be comparable, at the very least.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Amazon opened 2 fulfilment centers within 30 minutes of here. I'm assuming one is to service the bay area and the other is to service northern ca. Whatever the reason I ordered a part at 4:00 one day and got it 10:00 am the next not even priority.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
This is the first I got it from that one. I usually get them from the Reno area ones. I live less than two miles from their headquarters though. Next BBQ I need to figure out if anyone in this building worked on the Kindle Fire then I will crack it over their head.

On a side note I don't know if there are any English language articles but the people of Brno, Czech Republic don't want an Amazon warehouse there despite the fact it would create 2000 jobs because of NIMBY poo poo I guess.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

We're totally addicted to amazon prime now. Our friends got us sucked in through student prime and we're now ~3 years deep into it. Amazon in general is a the newer, sexier eBay of our generation. At nearly 30 years old I have never once bought or sold anything on eBay ever. About 6 weeks ago we started to sell on the amazon marketplace at work and have seen an increase in sales to the tune of about 10% of last months gross sales and that's arguably added sales, not scalped from our normal site.

In salt lake if our order ships out of Reno via OnTrac then I get it next day. Otherwise it's just the normal 2 days.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

CharlesM posted:

Yup, Amazon has an agreement with USPS to deliver on Sunday in quite a few cities.

CharlesM posted:

On a side note I don't know if there are any English language articles but the people of Brno, Czech Republic don't want an Amazon warehouse there despite the fact it would create 2000 jobs because of NIMBY poo poo I guess.
I don't know about Europe, but in San Bernardino, Amazon got some huge rear end tax breaks to open a distribution center. Unfortunately, they're all poo poo paying, force temp (everyone gets laid off for new people within a year) jobs that don't do as much for the local economy as people thought. They're not even Amazon jobs, they use a sub contractor. On the other hand, they are felon friendly!
If Amazon is asking for serious tax breaks there (like they do in the US), I can see the opposition because it doesn't pay off.

nm fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Sep 1, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

nm posted:

Yup, Amazon has an agreement with USPS to deliver on Sunday in quite a few cities.

I saw that for the first time last week. Ordered something Friday, needed it by Tuesday. Amazon said I'd have it by Sunday. I didn't care and forgot about it, only to have USPS show up on Sunday with the package.

I really didn't need it Sunday, so it was wasted effort/expense, but I'm not complaining.

Goodbye, August thread. You were a good thread.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 1, 2014

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Life is like a hurricane.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Here in duckberg?

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro