Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheBoyBlunder posted:

I'm hoping it's "surprisingly competent" but I somehow doubt it.

Yeah when a team can manage to effortless maintain as much possession as Seattle did in the first half it's just a matter of time until they score

Lee Nguyen drilled in a shot from outside the box in the 2nd minute, good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Actually that's not a bad way to give up a goal. Even though they're losing 1-0 the Rapids still look surprisingly competent...or Seattle still looks surprisingly half-assed.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Dempsey :getin:

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Actually that's not a bad way to give up a goal. Even though they're losing 1-0 the Rapids still look surprisingly competent...or Seattle still looks surprisingly half-assed.

Weird truth about the Sounders: we never look very good in the rain.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Only thing I'm really wondering right now is why Gabby Torres isn't on the pitch. So much for our "first ever DP."

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
That cop in your goal is protecting and serving pretty well.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
Jesus, what a boring match. Good defending by Seattle, but the attacking was loving around way too much.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Was Taters posted:

Good to know we have two solid keepers who aren't rookies on the roster.

That was a surprisingly competent game. There were some scares which were to be expected but at no point did the team look like a bunch of headless chickens running around. A 1-0 loss on a set-piece goal is a pretty reasonable loss given the Rapids last few games.

Or Seattle looked like poo poo. I'm not sure.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Lee Nguyen drilled in a shot from outside the box in the 2nd minute, good stuff

It's kind of a mixed blessing to see him doing so well after flaming out for us, but he's part of an amazingly talented young NE squad and deserves a ton of credit for that.

(that talented young squad is now running riot at BMO, 3-0 Revs now after Davies and Bunbury spring a hell of a counter off a...Bradley? cross rebounding off the ref.)

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Was Taters posted:

What do those things have to do with cops?

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Incidentally, I missed Kelyn Rowe's first half goal because I was watching the Seattle game, but if it doesn't win GotW this week I will be very goddamn impressed with whatever does.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dallan Invictus posted:

It's kind of a mixed blessing to see him doing so well after flaming out for us, but he's part of an amazingly talented young NE squad and deserves a ton of credit for that.

(that talented young squad is now running riot at BMO, 3-0 Revs now after Davies and Bunbury spring a hell of a counter off a...Bradley? cross rebounding off the ref.)

They've been a fun team to watch all year and they're turning things around at the perfect time to make a strong run for the cup. The scariest part is how young they are and the addition of JJ as another vet to teach the gaggle of New England teenagers means this team could be good for years to come. Shame I'm not a NE fan.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

People in Toyota Park, come to 117 to see the hosed up Brimstone Cup.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

Hello Towel posted:

People in Toyota Park, come to 117 to see the hosed up Brimstone Cup.

Please post a picture of it especially if it is very ugly

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

They've been a fun team to watch all year and they're turning things around at the perfect time to make a strong run for the cup. The scariest part is how young they are and the addition of JJ as another vet to teach the gaggle of New England teenagers means this team could be good for years to come. Shame I'm not a NE fan.

Well, except for that 8 game losing streak, right?

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
Adam Bedell is a garbage player who must have copious amounts of dirt on Gregg Berhalter and everyone in his extended family.

Lmbo Montreal 2, crew 0

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
Yay Earnsaw scored another goal and the Fire is winning.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

The Brimstone Cup stays in Chicago. This was possibly the best game the Fire have played this year.

Turns out adding Earnshaw has been pretty awesome so far.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
RSL gets sloppy and gives the ball to Wondo at the edge of the box. Passes to Cronin to make it 1-0. Thankfully Dallas and RSL are doing their part to get out of LA's way.

I'm glad Tommy Thompson is working out for SJ. He's fun to watch.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Woohoo! Nice little layoff by Wondo to set up Cronin!

Quakes looking good so far.

DoHimJob
Nov 30, 2005

GIANT SPACEBALL
Oh what a loving horseshit penalty.

Trips over his own goddamn feet and gets a free penalty. Ugh.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tigren posted:

Well, except for that 8 game losing streak, right?

As someone who wasn't very invested in the team I still enjoyed watching their games

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
It feels weird to have a half for the Timbers end 0-0.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

Cityinthesea posted:

It feels weird to have a half for the Timbers end 0-0.

I wish it felt weird to have the Caps end a half 0-0.

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

It feels weird for a Fire game to not end in a tie.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

It feels weird for the Timbers to be above the red line.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Yeesh, Seattle picks up 3 points to move 5 points above the pack, while SKC, RSL, and Dallas all drop points. DC will have a tough test against NY especially if they play like they did on Wednesday. And LA plays Chivas in the last ever SuperClasico, which could be very painful for Chivas.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

porkface posted:

It feels weird for the Timbers to be above the red line.

Vancouver still has a game in hand, lets not count our chickens before the eggs get murdered by some sort of egg murdering mammal.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Vancouver got trashed but whoscored.com says Waston wasn't too bad. This is surely a mistake, right?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

He was involved in most of their scoring chances.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Wow, we actually are benching EJ. Right on. Espindola, Rolfe, and DeLeon back in to start as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NY better crush DC

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
drat Espindola so close already

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Silva better be getting a fine for that

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Must be a rule now that one of our strikers must be a little hateable

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The color guy on this broadcast is loving awful

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The colored guy on this broadcast is loving awful

Mods?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress you Bill Hamid!!!

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

The colored guy on this broadcast is loving awful

Wow racism?

Actually it's Robbie Russell, notable mls guy turned med student.

And Hamid is a world class shot stopped holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Jesus loving Christ

• Locked thread