Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
EA Access is the beginning of the end. No more shall we be plagued by yearly updates of games we've already played and mere sports titles. The chains of 93' are starting to crack and soon we shall be free.

Watch this blow up in their face like Origin and Sim City 4. They've burned the ship before they've even gotten to shore pretty much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
SimCity 4 was great, idiot

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm the whore that pays $60 a year for roster updates in Madden. Seattle Seahawks for life bro.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
One time I was at a friends house and we started up a football game on the playstation and it did the ea sports it's in the game, then his dad popped in to the room and went "ITS A GAAAAAaaame!" and it was awkward but kinda funny

That's my ea sports story

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
EA Sports. It may or may not be in the game.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
i only suck dick in self defense
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Cyra posted:

One time I was at a friends house and we started up a football game on the playstation and it did the ea sports it's in the game, then his dad popped in to the room and went "ITS A GAAAAAaaame!" and it was awkward but kinda funny

That's my ea sports story

heh my dad would constantly make fun of the chrono trigger battle music

he'd walk by the tv and start beatboxing the tune

or he'd yell out "I guess it's Nintendo time because that's my favorite music playing!"

I

I played chrono trigger a lot

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
EA is bad and so are sports video games.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Chomp8645 posted:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
But when will we start getting video games about e-sports?

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Mega64 posted:

But when will we start getting video games about e-sports?

MOBA Manager 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ssx tricky is also v good

Soral
May 30, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

EA Access is the beginning of the end. No more shall we be plagued by yearly updates of games we've already played and mere sports titles. The chains of 93' are starting to crack and soon we shall be free.

Watch this blow up in their face like Origin and Sim City 4. They've burned the ship before they've even gotten to shore pretty much.

sim city 4 was epic poo poo, dumbass

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

guess which company took over the rights to NFL Blitz, as well as NBA Jam and NHL Hitz, from midway after it went under?

one of the things i hate most about today's video game industry is that EA colluded with the major sports leagues to ensure that the sports games that they make will be "realistic" sims where the only differences from year-to-year are the rosters. yeah, they made a new NBA Jam a few years back, but i don't see them making a new Jam, Blitz or Hitz for a while (also the PS3 and 360 versions of the new Jam were stuffed with DLC)

i just want to dunk from halfcourt and check players through the boards dammit

Abysswalker
Apr 25, 2013

EA sports
it's in the game

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
No one ever talks about NFL Street but that game was also rad
Second best American football game after Tecmo Super Bowl imo

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Srice posted:

ssx tricky is also v good

Srice and Jackie D. These guys. These guys get it

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
So does EA All Access give you free copies of all the new FIFA/Madden/whatever poo poo every year

or do they just add the old ones

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

v3 was better because you could be mario, luigi, and peach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvDD-YZxk1I

FartRomancer.EXE
Jun 26, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

the nba 2k games a very good actually

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

matrix ripoff posted:

heh my dad would constantly make fun of the chrono trigger battle music

he'd walk by the tv and start beatboxing the tune

or he'd yell out "I guess it's Nintendo time because that's my favorite music playing!"

I

I played chrono trigger a lot

good dad

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~
dad would come home for lunch in his navy chief uniform and mom would make him a BLT and he'd play donkey kong jr on the NES and i'd watch him :unsmith: DK jr was his favorite game - his only favorite

he literally never played another game after that - though i got him to look at the back to the future TTG games because he loves the movies so much

edit: no wait he tried playing the indiana jones game on the xbox and got pissed because the controller had more than two buttons

the man loves him some indiana jones

matrix ripoff fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 2, 2014

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

matrix ripoff posted:

dad would come home for lunch in his navy chief uniform and mom would make him a BLT and he'd play donkey kong jr on the NES and i'd watch him :unsmith: DK jr was his favorite game - his only favorite

he literally never played another game after that - though i got him to look at the back to the future TTG games because he loves the movies so much

edit: no wait he tried playing the indiana jones game on the xbox and got pissed because the controller had more than two buttons

the man loves him some indiana jones

my dads favorite games are punch out and sf rush.

oh yeah and toilet tetris

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my dad has always been more of a dr. mario toilet man. he's also a doctor

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

the ea access thing actually seems like a not bad idea if you play all their sports games but it's stupid that it's xbone only

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
everyone is forgetting the best EA game series which is James Pond. if you dont like James Pond II Codenamed Robocod then i am sad for you

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
the only video games my dad will play are Starcraft and Diablo 2

needless to say the decline of Blizzard has made him sad

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

FartRomancer.EXE posted:

the nba 2k games a very good actually

In a better world nfl 2k5 sent madden into a death spiral

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

come to think of it I can't remember my dad playing any computer game as far I know, even though he's been in engineering his entire life

Canned Bread
Feb 26, 2013

Best Thing Since Sliced!
after holding a couple of NBA Jam nights w/ friends recently, I can safely say that game is still fun as poo poo.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Only retards buy annualized sports titles *reserves both harvest moon games coming out this year*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of EA, after the crushing disappointment and story telling crime that was Mass Effect 3, EA can go gently caress themselves.

*pre-orders Dragon Age Inquisition*

*furiously F5s discussion boards with Mass Effect 4 previews*

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

The last game in the Burnout series came out on XBLA. It was called Burnout Crash, it was top-down, only had one game mode and EA would really like it if you forgot about it.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I miss burnout revenge, they should make that game again.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Was Burnout Paradise any good?

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Burnout paradise was like burnout revenge except with everything good taken out and replaced with a lovely open world because sandbox was the buzzword of the hour

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
Who was better, dj atomica or *bzzzt* THIs Is RAZzeL

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

2house2fly posted:

Was Burnout Paradise any good?

Along the sides of the road you'll find rows of parked cars. If you come at them at high speed and ace ventura your car inbetween them, the game rates you on how well you did it.

Cyra posted:

Who was better, dj atomica or *bzzzt* THIs Is RAZzeL
Stryker's the best.

matrix ripoff
Mar 16, 2005

~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~
and at the bookstore
~~~~~~~

Flynn Taggart posted:

Burnout paradise was like burnout revenge except with everything good taken out and replaced with a lovely open world because sandbox was the buzzword of the hour

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh paradise was baller

but then again i'm not a hardcore burnout fan so maybe it lost something by that iteration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
not only was burnout paradise baller and continues to be so, but i actually had a lot of fun with the XBLA version and it was pretty sweet way of spending half an hour

• Locked thread