Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

neonchameleon posted:

The problem with the cost for Rituals isn't that they are too high or too low. It's that the cost starts out as extortion and becomes pocket change at higher levels and the rituals themselves become spammable. With 4e's exponential gold standard there is literally no way I can see to balance rituals using gold as a cost.
How about rituals longet than 1 hour can only be cast once ser extended rest, rituals shorter than 1 hour can only be cast once per short rest (or maybe once per hour) and no cost? It gets rid of the cost problem and prevents them from being spammed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

neonchameleon posted:

The design and layout puts people off. It's like reading an instruction manual.

About this, I'd like to say that while the way descriptive fluff is written & layed out may be bad, the very clear separation between fluff and mechanics and the way a lot of mechanical stuff is actually really good & helpful in my opinion and something that should be kept.

• Locked thread