Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Ergonomix posted:

Would working on a video game influenced by 4e be relevant to this thread? Because that's what I've been working on. Even though 4e is already a video game har har har.

I've got most of the framework of 4e combat done, most of what I have left to do is just implementing all the powers and monsters, and improving the AI from just bum rushing the players. (Although that AI would be fine for some monsters) And then I have to figure out how the out of combat part would actually function. So far, I'm just thinking of a choose your own adventure story style of thing with occasional dice rolling for the characters using skills.

Anyway, if people are interested, I'll upload a tech demo when there's a little more to actually see.
I've been working on something similar for quite a while. I'd be interested in seeing what you're got. I guess games should go in games, but CRPGs I think have a fair bit of crossover. Have you been reading the game dev games thread?

A Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Aug 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Catastrophe
Jun 26, 2014

Ergonomix posted:

I haven't, would you mind pointing me to it? Didn't see it in the first few pages.

And also, here is the current working version of the game.
Sorry, I haven't checked this thread in a while. I meant the thread in Games. The thread is here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3506853&goto=lastpost

Took a look at your game, i like the music. What are you using to make it? I've been using Unity.

• Locked thread