Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

wallawallawingwang posted:

Does anyone know of a good collection of iconic, noteworthy, or powerful 4e builds? For my purposes, they can be iconic either because they were especially cool and fun or because they granted a useful mechanical advantage. It seems like if you wanted to trim down the feat/item selection/power picking minigame looking at common and noteworthy builds would be a good start.

I've been working on a 4e lite that takes a lot of cues from B/X type games and what I did for this was to look up the ________'s handbooks (for a warlocky type character, one of the things i looked at was this: http://community.wizards.com/forum/4e-character-optimization/threads/1439381). This does add a bunch of additional reading to your task, but I found them really, really helpful. As a side bonus lots of those handbooks will call out powers that are neat but suboptimal, and often say exactly why. This is pretty useful because you some nice guidelines for yourself to revamp certain powers/feats/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread