Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Covok posted:

Doesn't that make the power worse to gimping degree? Like, it increases your likelihood to do nothing with your attack by a lot for not a lot of reward.

Unless it's just a regular hit if only one hits.

I think that's what they're getting at. If one attack hits, it's 1[w] Plus appropriate modifiers, but if both attacks hit you only add another weapon die.

The way it works normally in 4e is it's only 1[W] per attack (no ability modifier), but each individual attack will still pick up feat bonuses, enhancement bonuses, item bonuses (I will love you forever, Iron Armbands of Power), etc., etc.

This of course has a lot to do with what 4e considers an attack. So instead of "attacking" twice, it might be easier to write, "roll twice for the attack. If both hit, add 1[W] to damage," like how the Ironwrought Theme's power works.

This does reduce the power's utility, though, since Twin Strike as it exists can also be used to hit two targets.

Mecha Gojira fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I mean, that fix fixes damage if you feel the damage expression is the issue, but it doesn't fix the fact that Twin Strike still allows you to make two attacks as an at-will against a single target, which still makes it the best at-will in the game and thus most other options trap choices compared to it.

I like your idea, Wallawallawingwang, though, where instead of Hunter's Quarry, their class feature is basically just an at-will version of the encounter power Off-Hand Strike, though I'd probably drop the ability modifier to damage to reflect its new at-will status. Ranger's Striker niche probably still should be "gets more attacks," but you can dump Twin Strike as an at-will all together at that point and let the other options shine.

• Locked thread