Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PixelScum
Jan 21, 2009

I'M GOING BEARZERK
Game Strike Knights: The Shuffle Stars
System Last Stand
Format PbP
Players Five
Description Tokusatsu The Last Starfighter, hell yes.

PixelScum fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.
Game: The Burden of Demons
System: Double Cross
Format: PbP
Players: 5-6
Description: Play as overeds trying to save the city, or even the world, from a powerful renegade artifacr over the course of 1 week in this 6 Session long game.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Game: Danaru controls your destiny
System: Shadowrun 5th edition
Players: 4 total, with 1 spot reserved
Description: Try to live long enough to enjoy the freedom and independence that running the shadows provides.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Game: Dead Survival
System: GURPS 4E
Format: Play-by-post
Players: 2 open slots
Description: A long zombie apocalypse campaign with an emphasis on human-on-human conflict and overcoming your weaknesses.

Two players have dropped out, so I've reopened recruiting to try and fill those slots.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game: Into the Depths
System: CYOA
Format: PBP
Participants: Anybody who wants to take part, really
Description: You've been cast into the Depths beneath the City. You've got little more than your wits and a couple personal belongings. Will you find death or glory deeper in?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Game: All Quiet on the Nothern Front
System: Land of the Manitou
Players: 10 with any remaining being Manitou
Description: The army of port city state of Esperata needs you! Caught behind a rock and a hard place, it's paying anyone willing to fight for them.

ritorix
Jul 22, 2007

Vancian Roulette
Game: Hoard of the Dragon Queen
System: 5e D&D
Players: 5
Description: A full-length campaign that will take you from level 1 to 15 or so and through both Hoard and Rise of Tiamat. Will Hoard bear the same curse to never be completed as Red Hand of Doom? We will find out.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Game: SET SAIL!
System: D&D 4E
Players: 5
Description: I am making the ill-advised move of running a paragon campaign. Come jaunt around a free-form island world in a city-sized ship. Recruit allies! Find cool lair items! Get in arm wrestling matches with pirate kings.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Game: ARRRRGH: Real Adventures!
System: 13th Age
Players: 4-6
Description: Recruiting for a Pulpish ADVENTURES in the Dragon Empire!

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis

System: Kobolds Ate My Baby
Type: PbP
Players: Bunches

Description: Kobolds needed to procure babies for King Torg (ALL HAIL KING TORG!!). Simple rules and awesome times!

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Game: On the Shores of the Unknown Sea
System: Numenera
Description: In a future beyond the future, you search for knowledge and understanding (or maybe something more mundane) on the shoreline of the world-continent.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Game: Cash Rules Eveything Around Me
System: Rogue Trader with ONE Deathwatch duder
Format: PbP with some IRC
Players: 7
Description:

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 6, 2014

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Game: You Can't Go Home Again
System: Legend of the Five Rings
Players: 3-5ish
Description: It's the Meiji Restoration (sorta) meets Rokugan. Fight to restore the rightful place of Bushido in society, challenge courtiers to pistol duels, maybe uncover evidence of treachery!

devilmaydry
Sep 3, 2012

I only take special jobs, if you know what I mean.

devilmaydry posted:

Game: The Burden of Demons
System: Double Cross
Description: Play as overeds trying to save the city, or even the world, from a powerful renegade artifact over the course of 1 week in this 6 session long game.

I'm still recruiting for this until the end of the week, and will extend recruitment another week if I don't get a few more apps.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Game: The Lord of the Tower [CYOA] - Like Wacky Races, but with a tower.
System: Wingin' it.
Format: CYOA
Players: 6ish, but players ought to die pretty quickly!
Description: A mysterious tower full of treasure burst out of the ground a year or so ago, and a whole town has sprung up around it to watch heroes try to get to the top. Aiming for a casual, playful roguelike style - expect unfair deaths and rerolls and lots of player influence on the world inside the tower. Even when people die, the tower gradually unlocks its secrets, so even though they're playing as separate characters the whole thread is working together to get to the top.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Game: Unnamed RPG: Playtest
System: Unnamed RPG
Players: 3-5ish
Description: Give P.d0t's homebrewed game system a run for its money and break stuff. Typical D&D-ish murderhobos with the flufftext filed off.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
Game: Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine: School Days
System: Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine
Players: 3-5
Description: A Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine game set in Principal Entropy's School in Horizon. Come Explore the haunted grounds! Obsess over dangerous things man was not meant to know! Play Dodgeball!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Game: West Coast Wrestlemans!
System: World Wide Wrestling (Currently in Kickstarter/Beta)
Players: 5-ish
Description: As part of the playtest and kickstarter, I'm hoping to test-run the game to see how it works in PbP. Help me playtest it, and have fun being some wrestlemans! Also, wrestlewomen, wrestleants, wrestle-etcs.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Game: ZEITGEIST: The Gears of Revolution
System: D&D 4e
Players: 6
Description: Fantasy Secret Service with steamships, guns, global conspiracies, and goony French tieflings.

Blargag
Aug 24, 2014
Game: Catch your opportunity at the Impossible City
System: Numenera
Type: IRC
Players: 3-5
Description: Explore a fresh, out-of-nowhere city, engage in political intrigue between factions trying to annex this prime piece of ruined land, get entangled in weird space-time buggery.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Game One Last Job - Lets make it a good 'un.
System: One Last Job
Type: PBP
Players:4
Description: - A bunch of old timers get together for one last job - in a system where the other players make your character, normally through insults!

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.
Game: Runaway Hearts
System: Monsterhearts
Players: 6ish
Description: More Monsterhearts! More angsty teen drama! This time with even less accountability for your actions!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Game: Enthusiastic newbie GM looking for experience!
System: Microlite20
Format: Roll20
Players: 2-4
Description: I want to get my feet wet into this whole TTRPG thing, and I figure the best way is to just put myself out there. I can run sessions pretty much every day at 3-5 hours a stretch, if people could match my odd time

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

kaynorr posted:

Game: War of the Burning Sky
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate (https://www.fantasygrounds.com)
Players: 4-5
Description: We're playing EN World's War of the Burning Sky adventure path, using the Fantasy Grounds virtual tabletop.

Now recruiting one player, check out the thread for details. PM me or post in the thread to claim the spot!

A slot has opened up in this game, come get in on some fine virtual roleplaying.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Game: In Mourning
System: Eberron 4E
Players: 1 replacement Defender
Description: Yet another player has fallen victim to the ancient elvish curse that afflicts my thread, but I stubbornly refuse to let it die! Come and join the four existing characters as they try to decipher the mysteries that involve exploding warforged, necroartificers, fleshcrafting, vampires, and intrigue*!
*Level of intrigue may be mitigated somewhat by the quantity of 'getting too old for this poo poo' that is present.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: [5e D&D] Shadows over Moonsea
System: 5e D&D
Players: 4 or 5
Description: Life on the Moonsea isn't easy. Bandits, pirates, and cruel lords dominate the land, threatening those who make an honest living there. Now, a scourge is prowling the waters: A ghost ship has been striking small coastal villages, leaving its victims whispering about the "eye of the dracolich." Join the adventure and learn the truth behind this threat!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Game: BREAD and BUTTER Mafia
System: It's a Mafia game!
Players: 9
Description: Breads and butters have long wage- Nah this is just a very simple mafia setup designed to introduce new players to the game. If you haven't played mafia before I suggest checking it out. The basic premise is that a group of people try to figure out who among them is a part of the 'mafia' group. There is no role playing, but there is a lot of deduction and logic done through social interaction. For more information of mafia check out our wiki.

This game is full now.

Jump King fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 9, 2014

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Game: The Golden Skies of Wonderland
System: Golden Sky Stories
Players: 3-4
Description: A short adventure set in the novel version of Alice in Wonderland. You are Alice's pets, given henge powers by Wonderland. Figure out the twisted logic of the world, and help Alice make her way home.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Game: The Faceless Trade
System: Dark Heresy 2nd Edition
Format: PbP (with IRC support at #acolyte in synirc.net)
Players: 6
Description: You're part of a chosen Acolyte squad sent into a dangerous Hive World in a cursed Sector of the Imperium, sent to investigate the suspicious disappearances of under-hive gangs that are shaking the balance of the Hive City. Lets test out this recent 2nd Edition together!!!!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 5, 2014

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Game: The Artifacts of Twelve Ages
System: 13th Age
Description: You're treasure hunters hired to explore a grave in the woods east of Santa Cora. Whatever you'll find there will certainly lead to more treasure hunting - for treasures whose significance might be greater than you can imagine...

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Game: Five Tribes, No Options
System: Pathfinder
Players: 2 replacements
Description: You're a native of an island recently inhabited by five invasive species (PCs and former PCs plus their tribes).

One player appears to have dropped and another might actually be dead or something, so need two replacement characters.

Original character generation thread is here and all the character creation guidance there still applies, except you will come in at level 4, but can only be a creature of up to CR3 if you so choose. You also don't get a gaggle of commoners to go with you, so someone is going to have to inherit the orcs and the unicorns because they are about to suffer a catastrophic loss of their leaders. You don't have to be an orc or a unicorn but something that could plausibly win their hearts with time and effort would be good.

For ease of aggregation the IRC might as well be #SpiderQueen on SynIRC instead of #FTNO on Freenode at this point as well.

Waador fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 9, 2014

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Game:X-Men of the 60s (Game Thread) (Recruitment Thread)
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Players: 2 replacements.
Description: You're the X-men in the 60s only they're not the X-men that were in the 60s originally. Some of the old classic X-men stories have been reheated and given a special spin that I'm pretty proud of and we've got some great players floating around. I need 2 replacements for two players that got fired recently due to lack of posting (please note that this was like... one post every 2 weeks. I am not a slave driver but, you know, if you can post more frequently than once every 4 days we should be good.) You pick a mutant character from just about anywhere (seriously, we have some fairly obscure mutants that have been given whole new leases of life and characters in the game - Fuegofish has done more for Forge's characterisation in the few months the game has been going than Marvel have done for him in over 20 years) and then bring them into the 60s.

The Cuban missile crisis is about to happen and if you wanted your guy to be a mutant in Cuba that'd work. If you wanted your guy to be a mutant that's working for SHIELD that'd work too since the game has a fairly strong 60's James Bond meets X-men vibe going on at the moment. If you have any questions or are interested at all please post in the recruit thread for more details!

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Game: The False Light of Octavicus
System: Dark Heresy 2nd Edition
Format: Roll20
Description: A pamphlet is spreading through the hives of Desoleum, decrying a long dead saint of the Askellon sector as a fraud and worshipper of the Ruinous Powers. If these accusations are true, then half the planet is worshipping a heretic, which is a problem. If these accusations are false, then blasphemous lies are finding receptive ears among the other half of the planet, which is also a problem. Your Inquisitor cares not about which problem it is, only that it is resolved by the next time you contact them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Game: Unmapped: The Huang Legacy
System: Atomic Robo
Players: 4-5
Description: One of the most accomplished archaeologists in the field is putting together an expedition after several years, and you've been invited! Join a team of both students and experts as you explore Chinese ruins to discover a lost treasure in an Uncharted-style adventure!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Game: You do not talk about Fight Clans
System: Pokemon Tabletop United
Format: IRC game (Games on Sunday Nights, 21:00 UTC-3)
Players: 1
Description: Look for glory while pummeling each other with your cute little murderbeasts! A player recently dropped so there is a spot.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game: WANTED: Soldiers of Fortune
System: Dungeon World
Format: Skype/Roll20
Players: 4
Description: Serra Station's not been seen since the Great Undoing. Now it's come drifting out of the dust storms. Bad omen, or a windfall for an enterprising gang of looters salvage operation?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Recruitment Thread: [Conspiracy X 2E] I want to believe
Game Thread: [Con-X] Window of Truth
System: Conspiracy X 2E
Players: 1
Description: You are members of an elite, shadow organization that protects humanity from extraterrestrial and paranormal threats, while safeguarding the knowledge that such threats exist; players are drawn from federal employees all across and North America, and even some from abroad, including ATF officers, army officials, and even CDC scientists.

The game is currently in progress, and the AEGIS cell is currently investigating what seems to be a paranormal murder. At the NYPD HQ at One Police Plaza, the NSA agent, the CDC scientist, and the US Marshall are currently dealing with the brutalized body, and an obvious Black Book interest in the murder. At the crime scene, the getaway driver and the Secret Service agent have just narrowly escaped with their witness, after the army ranger ran into the paranormal murderer and proceeded to heroically hold it off until the others got away, and was then promptly torn to shreds.

Currently the group now lacks someone who can use something other than a pistol, and also lacks paranormal expertise.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Game: [Dungeon World] Declatius's Final Judgement
System: Dungeon World
Players: CLOSED
Description: You're on a prison ship headed towards a magical labyrinth prison, but bad people have bad plans and it's up to you to stop them.

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Sep 21, 2014

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Game: ATOE: A Touch of Brimstone
System: A Touch of Evil (board game) / Re-skinned to Weird West
Players: 3-4
Description: Good news! Somebody found one of Santa Ana's Lost Armies from the Mexican-American War! Bad news! They're Ghosts now!

:ghost: ooooooh :ghost:

Go shoot at ghosts with blessed bullets and wear big stupid hats.

This is very much a rough play test of a new theme for ATOE with a mix of new and old cards, heroes, and such. Feedback and such would be awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Game: In Mourning
System: Eberron 4E
Players: 1 replacement Leader
Description: Still more players have fallen victim to the ancient elvish curse that afflicts my thread, but I still stubbornly refuse to let it die! Come and join the four existing characters as they try to decipher the mysteries that involve exploding warforged, necroartificers, fleshcrafting, vampires, and intrigue*!
*Level of intrigue may be mitigated somewhat by the quantity of 'getting too old for this poo poo' that is present.