Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Game: Generic Fantasy Adventure
System: Simplex (I made it)
Format: PBP
Players: 4 or 5
Description: Generic fantasy adventure fun to help me test my system I wrote in 2 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: Zendo
System: Zendo
Players: 5
Description: The best deductive game for the sharpest minds, play this wonderful gem of a game.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Game: Spelljamming
System: D&D 5e
Format: Skype or G+
Time: 19:00 Fridays, UK time zone (currently BST, soon to change to GMT)
Players: 2-3 (to join pre-recruited non-goons)
Description: The game will be starting with a shipwreck and moving on to spelljamming after the first handful of levels, though spelljamming itself will be unknown to your characters at the start

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.
Game: The Quiet Year Open Game
System: The Quiet Year
Players: Open game; any number can participate and you can join and leave whenever.
Description: An attempt at a quick-moving, somewhat modified PbP of The Quiet Year. The game has already started but anyone can join at any point.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Game: Awful Survivor: Goons in Platoons
System/Format: Survivor (this is basically a John Cena affair, but he's busy irl so I'm handling it this season)
Players: 20
Description: Get sorted into tribes that compete against one another in fun internet games for game rewards and safety from the tribal council vote. I'm really not sure what to put here. It's like the TV show, and it's fun as heck.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Game: Beard Mafia
Players: About 8 spots left
Description: A newbie friendly game of Mafia/Werewolf. If you haven't played mafia before I suggest checking it out. The basic premise is that a group of people try to figure out who among them is a part of the 'mafia' group. There is no role playing, but there is a lot of deduction and logic done through social interaction.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Game: And Hell Followed With Him
System: Ars Magica 5e
Format: PbP; co-ordination via Skype
Players: 4-6
Description: A circle of powerful wizards are dispatched to a volatile part of the world to maintain peace between dozens of regional powers, magical and mundane. Newbies welcome!

Recruitment closed!

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 29, 2014

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Game: Sanguine Dream: Terror on the Caribbean
System:Vampire: The Requiem 2nd ed
Format: PbP
Players: 4
Description: Vampirates!

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Game: Faction Paradox
System: FATE Core
Description: Time traveling voodoo magicians wreck havoc over the universe, because those stuffy time lord jerks make things insufferable. Conquer the world for fun and profit.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Game: Way of the Wicked
System: 13th Age
Format: Roll20 (bimonthly, Saturdays at 8 EST, text and maps only)
Players 4-5
Description: Adventure path for evil characters. Start out as prisoners awaiting execution and rise to become an iron-fisted tyrant.

Adventures originally written for Pathfinder, but I've reworked for 13A. New players welcome. Please be mature enough to play an evil character without just running amok.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Game: Friday Night Tragic
System: Varies, right now Apocalypse World: Dark Age
Format: Roll20 (weekly, Fridays at 7 EST) Skype for Voice Chat.
Players As many as want to join, but each session will only be run for 5-6.
Description: Play various systems for a session or five, and broaden your experience as a roleplayer! Play in a chill environment where you only have to make the game as often as you want to!

This is basically me and a few non-goon friends running one shots and short games of our rpg backlog, as well as a few favorites we all enjoy. Our schedules all suck, so this was made to be extremely pick up and play. We mostly play pretty rules-light games and dig the indie/storygaming scene.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Game: Much Ado About Monsters
System: Monsterhearts
Players:5-6
Description: An HBO-style teen monster drama set in Fantasy Renaissance Venice. Serenade your true love beneath a moonlight balcony while gondolas glide along the canals and vampires eat people in dark alleys.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Game: Clash of Cultures - My words are backed by Steel Weapons
System: Clash of Cultures
Description: A fun, streamlined 4X civ-builder boardgame. Stelas is already running a game and I'm having a blast, so I decided I'd run another game for other people if there's any interest.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Game: The Red Hand of Doom vs the Adventuring Aces
System: D&D Tomes
Players: 1
Description: Due to a long spot of inactivity, I need a replacement for one of my players. Come and join an adventure as cursed as Macbeth and save the Elsir Vale from a hobgoblin invasion!

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Game: Three Red Seconds: How I learned to worry and Kill Time
System: PDQ
Players: 3-4
Description: Time travel is real and you can do it. Well, generally only the one direction and within a very narrow timeframe but definitely supernatural time travel anyway. The Timekeeper has given you this amazing power with the admonition to watch out because Time can be taken. (presumably from other time travelers) Game takes place in 21st century Utah, some generally forgettable small town hours away from the nearest major city. Original players have mostly gotten too busy to post or scarpered so a rewrite or new plot twist would certainly work.

CountingWizard
Jul 6, 2004
Game: Planet Eris Campaign: Palace of the Vampire Queen
System: OD&D (Planet Eris House Rules)
Players: 8-20
Format: Roll20
Description: Old school D&D campaign with hex-crawls, several dungeons (Palace of the Vampire Queen is first), and no required knowledge of the rules other than character creation. Palace of the Vampire Queen is an mysterious castle nestled in the mountains of a remote island; there are no bottlenecks, the monster population is diverse, and it will take dozens of expeditions to complete the module's objectives. OD&D does not have character feats, only a limited amount of skills, everything else is player creativity and DM judged.

***TRYING TO MOVE TO FRIDAYS, SHOW UP FRIDAY 10/10/2014 5PM CST OR LATER FOR THE FIRST FRIDAY GAME***

CountingWizard fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Oct 9, 2014

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Game: Ambition Knows No Bounds
System: Rogue Trader
Players: 7
Format: PbP (with IRC support at #acolyte in synirc.net)
Description: With a powerful Warrant of Trade, sail the stairs searching for riches, adventure, intrigue and death. The style of game will be heavily influences by the chosen players.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Oct 14, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Game: The Mud and The Blood and The Beer Redux
System: Only War
Players: 6-8
Format: PbP (with IRC support at #acolyte in synirc.net)
Description: Stupidly high level Only War game. Resurrection of the original. Old players are welcome, new blood even more. Also set at the same time as C.R.E.A.M Game

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Game: I Musn't Run Away
System: Adeptus Evangelion
Players: 1 replacement needed!
Description: A player dropped, so now NERV needs more meat for the grinder. Come join us and watching it all come tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Game: The Sealed Land
System: Dungeon World
Players: 1-2 replacements
Description: After a tumultuous start involving losing a GM and half the players, our players were handed a divine mission to recover a priceless sacred relic. This seems to primarily involve breaking as much stuff as possible, but all things are holy when done in the service of Bolt.

megane fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 20, 2014

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Game: [WFRP2e] Raiders of Khemri
System: WFRP2e
Description: You are a Chaos riddled mercenary or some other heretical sort who sells their skills for money, and a rich, anonymous patron has tasked you to delve into the land of the Tomb Kings to steal some relic from them, no questions asked.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Game: MADNESS AT GARDMORE ABBEY
System: D&D 4E
Players: 1 replacement
Description: I need a replacement striker to tackle the Madness at Gardmore Abbey published mega-adventure. The party has been through a few challenges and is just beginning to infiltrate the orc-held Gardmore Village.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Game: The Lord of the Tower [CYOA] - Like Wacky Races, but with a tower.
System: Wingin' it.
Format: CYOA
Players: 2 slots left for Third Wave
Description: A mysterious tower full of treasure burst out of the ground a year or so ago, and a whole town has sprung up around it to watch heroes try to get to the top. Aiming for a casual, playful roguelike style - expect unfair deaths and rerolls and lots of player influence on the world inside the tower. Even when people die, the tower gradually unlocks its secrets, so even though they're playing as separate characters the whole thread is working together to get to the top.

Currently on our third wave of people - only one person has croaked so far, but that's just luck! Joining in this wave gives you a decent bonus to all rolls since you'll be going through floors that other characters have already passed through. It's rules-light and friendly (except for the constant threat of death)!

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Game: Void's Seven
System: Rogue Trader
Players: 3-7
Description: You're pirates whose plan to steal an Imperial battlecruiser have paid off; now you need to put it to work evading the space police, paying off the crew so they don't kill you, and making yourself rich as Croesus in that order.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Game: Bread Mafia II
System: Mafia
Players: However many people sign up.
Description: A newbie friendly game of Mafia/Werewolf. If you haven't played mafia before I suggest checking it out. The basic premise is that a group of people try to figure out who among them is a part of the 'mafia' group. There is no role playing, but there is a lot of deduction and logic done through social interaction.

Full

Jump King fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 25, 2014

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Game: Outsourced Stellar Authorities
System: Ashen Stars
Players: Six
Description: Ashen Stars is a game of mystery and adventure set in a gritty space opera universe. You play freelance law enforcers solving problems for pay in the Bleed, a war-ravaged frontier of colonized space.

RECRUITING FULL, BUT GUESTS ARE WELCOME IN THE OOC/PEANUT GALLERY THREAD!

Byers2142 fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 12, 2014

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Game: Australia Day Mafia
Players: 9 spots left
Description: Mafia is a party game that can be played in a group or online. The premise is that a group of townsfolk (the good guys) try to discover and root out the Mafia menace hiding amongst them. The game has day and night phases: During the day everyone attempts to discover who the Mafia are, and vote to eliminate them (execution). During the night discussion is halted and the Mafia choose someone to kill. The game ends when either the Mafia have control of the town or every Mafia member is dead.

All first time mafia players welcome.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
Game: Spiders and Trolls and Nazgul! Oh My!
System: Lord of the Rings Living Card Game
Description: Let's Play the Lord of the Rings LCG! Choose a set of heroes and embark on perilous quests! Enjoy what is probably the best pure co-op card game out there! I'll be showcasing the decks and quests from the Core Box, but may switch things up after the first scenario.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Game: Snowbound
Players: Thirteen.
Description: A friendly game of Mafia/Werewolf. New players are very welcome, nothing in this game is going to be too crazy. There won't be much roleplaying, but the concept of an informed minority versus an uninformed majority makes for some interesting deduction and detective work. If you've never played before I'd recommend checking it out. The premise of the game is that several escaped convicts and their hostages are trapped in a snowbound farmhouse when weird stuff starts to happen.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: Napoleon's Triumph
System: Napoleon's Triumph
Players: Eight
Description: Play probably the best wargame ever! Re-fight the battle of Austerlitz as either Napoleon (or one of his generals) or the Allied forces of Russia and Austria! People unfamiliar with the system are welcome to join but you will be expected to read the rules of the game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Game: [Mage Knight: Lost Legion] Le Fanatisme ou Goldyx
System: Mage Knight: Lost Legion
Description: Let's face Volkare's enormous army in the expansion of the popular deckbuilding tactical board game! D+D-in-a-box has never been better or more complete in this co-op scenario.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Game: Dragons in Dead Manhattan
System: Tavern Tales
Format: Skype (Fridays, ~6 PM GMT)
Players: 5 (lf 3)
Description: Modern setting; In the wake of the apocalypse, magic and monsters have returned to the world. Surely there's more to this than just surviving.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Game: The Hanged Doll
System: PDQ
Players: 3-4
Description: Superpowered Orphan Mystery Adventures. Does what it says on the tin. Teenaged girls solve a murder mystery/elimination-based murder game depending on how you want to swing it. See thread for details.

OmanyteJackson
Mar 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game: Darksouls 4e: the Undead Asylum
System: D&D 4e
Format: Roll20/Skype (Fridays, 7 PM EST)
Players: 3-5
Description: An exploration focused game set in a pastiche of the souls games. Escape the undead asylum and realize your true destinies in the land of first kings.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Game: [D&D 5e] [Grim Requiem] Death Triumphant - recruit and OOC
System: D&D 5e
Players: 3-5
Description: Set out to stop a terrible necromantic ritual. And fail. Then pick yourself up and try again, from beyond the grave.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Game: Operation: Sunset Sea
System: Delta Green (Playtest)
Description: A ship suffers a mysterious explosion and death aboard, local investigators are summoned to determine what happened.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Game: New Blackmoor
System: Darker Dungeons
Players: 4+
Description: Do cool things before Blackmoor explodes! Ancient History adventures in Mystara! Lasers and Dragons and Nuclear Power!

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Game: Auxiliary Irregulars
System: Iron Kingdoms RPG
Players: 4-6
Description: Like the French Foreign Legion, but set in a nation of dwarves and ogres in a world of steampunk.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Game: Fruit & Veggies Mafia
Players: 13+
Description: "A newbie friendly game of Mafia/Werewolf. If you haven't played mafia before I suggest checking it out. The basic premise is that a group of people try to figure out who among them is a part of the 'mafia' group. There is no role playing, but there is a lot of deduction and logic done through social interaction." This is the description stolen directly from MildManneredManikin's game. Expect something like that, but with just a touch more complexity in the available roles. You're smart, you can handle it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mongol
Oct 11, 2005

Ronald Reagan? The actor!?
Game: [LOTR LCG] Black Riders Campaign Recruitment Thread - Pippin ain't easy
System: Lord of the Rings Living Card Game
Players: 2-4
Description: This is a play by post game of the Lord of the Rings LCG, a cooperative card game. Players will build deck which they will take along on an adventure with 1-3 other players. This adventure will follow the events of the Fellowship of the Ring, so expect Nazgul and other nasty enemies!