Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Game: The Prince's Naming-Day, and Other Spectacles!
System: Under Hollow Hills https://lumpley.games/under-hollow-hills/
Format: Discord, via text.You can either friend me or message me, I'm in several goon servers: PXG#0373
Players: 2-3 spots are free, 2 are spoken for
Description:
Come great, come small, come revelers all! The Circus is coming to town!

I'm going to be GMing a game of Under Hollow Hills on Sunday evenings for GMT+2 (CET), which is to say Italy's timezone. It's a fanciful PbtA game about a circus of faeries putting on showd both in faerieland and in the mortal world. And I've got a doozie of an opening show for you!

The King Under the Mountain has made a son. He has sculpted him out of the finest marble in his kingdom, as white and flawless as freshly fallen snow; it has taken him years, the chisel just barely grazing the enormous, veined block, for the King would tolerate no flaws or imperfections in this son, this masterpiece of his.
The eyes are two breathtakingly beautiful emeralds that he has cut into laughing almond shapes; the king's miners have presented him with lakes worth of twinned gems before the King has found two that he considered worthy of being the instruments by which his darling son will see the world.
His hair is ebony imported at great expense from the upper world; his heart is a flawless, perfectly pure diamond; he is swathed in finely weaved spidersilk, and how lucky are the spider-kin, that they have already gotten their gift out of the way!
Gifts? Indeed! For now that his son is finished, and from his immense cradle he chortles and claps and looks with huge emerald eyes the going-ons of his father and mother's court, the King Under the Mountain has declared that the time has come to name his child, and that everyone shall gather and hear their name and bring gifts appropriate to such a masterpiece of a child. It could be argued that the pride of a father for his son is a fine thing, but it could also be argued that his expectations for the gifts they are to receive are astronomical. Can you think of a show that will satisfy him? Or do you have another plan in mind?

Text game! On Discord! Exact time to be discussed once I have a full party!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan
Game: Small Town Hospitality https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010609
System: Dread/Grin, a playing card-based rng game to decide actions - I'm just making poo poo up as we go along, really!
Format: Forums PBP
Players: 6 spots
Description:
A bunch of college kids going up into the mountains for a fun weekend at Grandma's cabin! Get out in the sun, go hiking, swim in the lake, or, for those less inclined towards the outdoors, hit the town and visit the mining museum, or the distillery for some mountain brew! No cell phone reception! We're piling into Ted's 2WD station wagon to get there! Half of us have emotional and/or substance problems! I'm certain nothing bad will happen at all!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: Wouldn't It Be Loverly? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4010793
System: Stonetop (Playtest Version)
Format: Forums PBP/Discord
Players: TBD
Description:
Stonetop is a “hearth fantasy” tabletop RPG set in an Iron Age that never was. The players portray the heroes of an isolated village near the edge of the known world. Their adventures focus on dealing with threats to the village and seizing opportunities. These aren’t rootless mercenaries seeking fortune and glory; they’re exceptional people, taking risks on behalf of their friends, family, and neighbors.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Dog Kisser posted:

Game: The Fragile Gods of Nowhere
System: Wingin' it! Roll 1d20 and see what happens to the people of the world based on your commands!
Format: CYOA / Godgame Hybrid
Players: 5 Gods BUT other readers can pool together to influence their rolls for good or ill, so we need all sorts of people!
Description: A sequel (but no continual storylines or characters etc) to my original God game. It will be illustrated and probably pretty silly, though things got very serious indeed last game sometimes! Even if you're not picked (randomly) to be a God, you can still be a Wisp, influencing the rolls of the Gods and tweaking the outcome of their pronouncements. And then once their turn is done, you have a chance to become a God yourself (a chance increased by your earlier participation, no less!) It's good fun for an unlimited amount of people, so join up!

Recruitment is open - a bunch of stuff has happened, the foundational elements of the world (rather than Fire, Water, etc) have been chosen as Ink, Pinball, Dinosaur, Axe, Ice, and Neon, and the world is only a little bit broken. Come play!

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
Game: Welcome to the Moot!
System: Freeform RP
Format: PbP
Players: At least 5 to start
Description: A politics game starring everyone's favorite midgets, set in Warhammer Fantasy.

qwewq
Aug 16, 2017
Game: The Extinction Curse
System: Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Format: Voice via Discord
Players: Currently 3, looking for a 4th
Description: Looking to fill a spot for a player that had to dip. We play at 8pm CST each Thursday night. This is a pre-made adventure path that I plan to take as far as people want, and we're fairly early on in its course; you would likely be making a level 4 character. Super chill group, come have some fun!

Message me here or on Discord qwewq#1577

qwewq fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 26, 2022

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

qwewq posted:

Game: The Extinction Curse
System: Pathfinder 2nd Edition
Format: Voice via Discord
Players: Currently 3, looking for a 4th
Description: Looking to fill a spot for a player that had to dip. We play at 8pm CST each Thursday night. This is a pre-made adventure path that I plan to take as far as people want, and we're fairly early on in its course; you would likely be making a level 4 character. Super chill group, come have some fun!

Should probably include some means of getting in touch, or a link, or something.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Game: Starlight 3: Ashes of the Imperium
System: Pathfinder 2e
Format: Play by Post via Discord
Players: 6 (5 slots open)
Description: Restore order to Imperium space and forge your fate in this dramatic return to the Starlight universe of old.

archaicnoise
Feb 25, 2011

Game: The Emerald Chain: A High Seas Adventure for 3-5 Players
System: D&D 4th Edition
Format: Voice and Video via Discord
Players: 5 (looking for between 3 and 5 depending on what people feel like)
Description: The Emerald Chain is a pirate themed archipelago adventure, inspired by Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. Partake in high level political intrigue or sail the open oceans in search of trials and treasure.

You can message me on discord at weatherblue (archaicnoise)#4110, or use the link -- there's a google form at the bottom with some questions for potential players.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Game: Menace Under Otari
Format: Foundry VTT with Discord for Voice.
Players: 4-5
Schedule: Tuesdays at 3:00 PM CST, with session 1 hopefully being on October 11th

Description: Looking for 1-2 people to join our tryout of Pathfinder 2e. I don't think anybody in our group has played this system before, so if you're hoping to try it out this is a pretty good opportunity as i'm running the module from the Beginner's Box.

Once it's over, we can discuss what we like/dislike about the system, and if we all think it's rad we can move onto one of the premade foundry modules (Abomination Vaults, Outlaws of Alkenstar, or Blood Lords, depending on overall group vote).

PM me on here or send me a message on discord if you're interested and we can setup character creation. Also on there as Arrrthritis#3229.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Chili posted:

Looking for 16 players for the next season of Survivor!

Recruitment thread is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4003414&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post523840601
Casting form is here: https://forms.gle/UktZfJoqjXrvyLN56

The game is for 16 people if we can get them and the challenges/tribals will occur at 9PM Eastern US, Mondays-Thursdays. Events are going to be kept to an hour.

New players and veterans welcome!

The game is set to start around June 25th.

Couldn't find the numbers for this a few months ago. Trying again!

Looking to start this in January. Banner ads and whatnot will be going up in November but if you want an early spot in, please PM me!

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

quote:

Game: Underwater World III: The Long Tomorrow
Players: 4 or 5
System: Fellowship 2e
Description: The underwater city and modern marvel of engineering Aqualantis utterly vanished three months ago. What happened to it, and why? What involvement does the Elven Dominion have, and why are the various gods so ominously quiet about it?

Looking for Two new players to fill a vacancy.

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/nH9xGVBd

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Game: [D&D:5E] The Rat Pack
System: D&D 5E
Players: 4-6
Description: Classic, short dungeon crawl one-shot

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 19, 2022

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Arrrthritis posted:

Game: Menace Under Otari Abomination Vaults / Troubles in Otari
Players: 4-5
Schedule: Every Other Tuesday at 3:00 PM CST, with the next session being on October 8th

Description: Looking for 1-2 people to join our tryout of Pathfinder 2e. I don't think anybody in our group has played this system before, so if you're hoping to try it out this is a pretty good opportunity as i'm running the module from the Beginner's Box.

Once it's over, we can discuss what we like/dislike about the system, and if we all think it's rad we can move onto one of the premade foundry modules (Abomination Vaults, Outlaws of Alkenstar, or Blood Lords, depending on overall group vote).

PM me on here or send me a message on discord if you're interested and we can setup character creation. Also on there as Arrrthritis#3229.

Quoting this as we all decided that we like Pathfinder 2e very much! We're looking for another player to join us on our campaign escapades as the plucky group of adventurers tries to discover the secrets of Gauntlight Keep.

Feel free to contact me on here or on discord and I can give you the character creation details / help walk you through the process if you're new to the system.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Game: Takeover at Whisper Base
System: Star Wars FFG
Format: Playing on Foundry, Discord for voice chat and discussion
Players: 4-5 Total (need 3-4 more)
Schedule:: Every other week, starting Saturday the 20th. Exact starting time hasn't been determined yet but will be sometime in the afternoon/evening Central time

Description:

quote:

War rages across the galaxy. Both the brutal Galactic Empire and the desperate Rebel Alliance reel in the face of terrible losses. Though Rebel forces managed to destroy the superweapon called the DEATH STAR, their victory did not come in time to save the world of ALDERAAN. Fear and uncertainty swell in the galactic community.

Now, one small battle begins on the verdant world of ONDERON. Deep in the jungle, Rebel intelligence has discovered a listening post built by MOFF DARDANO to spy on his rival, ADMIRAL CORLEN. The Rebel Alliance has sent a crack team of infiltrators to take the secret listening post and turn it into a forward Rebel base in the Japrael jungle, with its poisonous foliage and oppressive heat, the heroes have reached their destination: Whisper Base. Compared to staying in the jungle, the prospect of ambushing an Imperial patrol and breaking into a heavily guarded base seems almost pleasant....

A friend of mine is interested in running a Star Wars game and asked me to get some players, so here I am! Will be starting with the premade intro adventure and then moving onto his own stuff. PM me here or on discord at Piell#5197 for the invite to the discord server

full up

Piell fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Nov 13, 2022

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Piell posted:

Game: Takeover at Whisper Base
System: Star Wars FFG
Format: Playing on Foundry, Discord for voice chat and discussion
Players: 4-5 Total (need 3-4 more)
Schedule:: Every other week, starting Saturday the 20th. Exact starting time hasn't been determined yet but will be sometime in the afternoon/evening Central time

Description:

A friend of mine is interested in running a Star Wars game and asked me to get some players, so here I am! Will be starting with the premade intro adventure and then moving onto his own stuff. PM me here or on discord at Piell#5197 for the invite to the discord server

Game is actually going to be on Friday starting at 7 PM central. Still looking for one or two more people

Serf
May 5, 2011

Game: Blood in the Cut
System: Worlds Without Number (Heroic character rules)
Format: Foundry with Discord for voice
Players: Need 1-2 replacements
Time: Thursdays at 7 PM Eastern. Looking to bring new folks in during our next session January 5th

Description: In the wake of a bitter war, a collapsed empire is now under the control of its people. As the new government struggles to keep what they have built, expeditions are sent out to make contact with regions lost during the conflict. You are members of one such mission, sent to the former front lines of the war: the Cut. A deep valley divided by a river the color of blood, the Cut remains scarred by the war. Old fortresses and miles of no man's land, crisscrossed by unending barbed wire and blast craters abut the wild forests and untamed swamps of the region, littered with ruins of overthrown nobles and the faded cities of long-vanished forebears. Reports say that the dead walk the old battlefields and that old monsters from the forest are stirring, no longer quelled by the sound of cannon fire. You have been tasked with reestablishing contact with the region, dealing with those still loyal to the old robber barons and assessing threats to the revolution for the planners back home. This is a sandbox campaign with a custom-made hex map to explore, with objective-based leveling. I plan for long periods of time to pass in the campaign, with the PCs being responsible for building and protecting their own town in the process. If that sounds interesting, PM me or you can contact me via Discord at Serf#5712.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Deepforge Industries
Format: Foundry+Discord
Players: The foreman says he'd like 6. Let's see what's in the budget.
Time: Shifts are 3.5 hours with a half hour of overtime starting at 7PM PST GMT-08:00, and ending at 11PM PST GMT-08:00 on Fridays. Miners must bring their own gear.
Starting Level: You'll be starting at level 1, with just your starting kits, and whatever you can get for 15 gold pieces. Note that money may be a little tight, and there's rumors that many of the miners in the pit are paid a pittance, and would do a lot for a bit of gold...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4021929&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post529101526

The Job:

Alright Miners listen up,

We had a real lovely time over in Burgsdale, but there's something rumbling fierce below. We don't want to risk our, you know, worthwhile miners, so we're sending you greenscales down there instead. I'm sure it'll be fine, ain't no way no how anything big and nasty gonna crawl outta that pit. We just got approved for hazard pay, and if'n it all works out, you could get a promotion become Tier 2 miners. Hell, I might even get you a letter of commendation from the head CEO. Now I know there's tales of cultists, fleshwarps, juuh-row, and thems types in dat dere mine, but I tell you huwhat, management pays kindly for the bold that can bring in the gold. Peter's even found an astral diamond once. Ain't you did boy! Yeah he did, lost his tongue though to some kind of brain spider. but uh... Don't you worry about that, we won't send you too deep, and there's outposts all along the way to the bottom. Not to mention that kobold warren we tapped ended up being mighty helpful in building them rickety scaffolding and what not. Just don't drop your leads and you'll be fine.

Just remember the motto, Gold and Scales, Gem, and Stone.

*accch ptooey* ah poo poo, was that blood?

If you lot got any friends, tell'em come on down and sign up. Level 1s only, and uh... Bring your own kits.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4021929&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post529101526

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Game: Pacific War Team Game
System: Pacific War (But you don't need to learn the rules!
Format: Play by post
Players: Need 5 Admirals

Description: I'm starting a play by post team game of Pacific War, with the attempt that I referee the game and basically allow the players to play the game with minimal knowledge of the rules! Take the role of a Japenese or Allied admiral during the Pacific War.

EDIT:
Now with Added Link!

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Jan 30, 2023

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: Troubleshootin' in 2300 AD
System: Mongoose Traveller 2e, 2300 AD
Format: Discord, Text based
Players: 4-6 Total (need 1-3 more)
Schedule:: Every Saturday at 7:30 PM EST , running for around 4 hours of game time.

Description:

Welcome to the Frontier- the colonized worlds of humanity following twilight. But there's problems on the frontier, problems that nations and governments can't solve. That's where Troubleshooters come in. Troubleshooters like you. PM me here or on discord (Fiver#8057) for more information

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 4, 2023

Pugalicious!
Jul 18, 2008
Game: The Dark Days of Ravenloft
System: DnD 5e
Format: Discord, Foundry VTT
Players: 4 (need 1 or 2 more)
Schedule:: 2:00 PM EST on Sundays

Description:

Are you ready for an adventure filled with gothic horror and mystery? Look no further! Our Ravenloft campaign is set in the eerie and mysterious land of Dementlieu and we are in need of one dedicated player to join our party.

In this campaign, you will take on the role of a brave adventurer, venturing into the unknown and facing the terrors that lurk in the shadows, while fending off cultists as the noose of prophecy closes around your neck. The land of Port-a-Lucine is ruled by a powerful and enigmatic Darklord, but like many other dark lords, they have retreated to the shadows after the fall of Count Strahd, while others have escaped their bondage. Discovering the mystery at the heart of the rulership of the domains will play a central role in uncovering why the domains are destabilizing!

Expect to encounter terrifying monsters, solve puzzles and riddles, and uncover the secrets of the land. The campaign will feature elements of gothic horror, making it perfect for players who love a good scare and enjoy a good Call of Cthulu x DnD game.

We are a roleplay-focused group, and we prioritize a safe and welcoming environment for all players. We are an inclusive group and welcome players of all experience levels, including those who are new to Ravenloft or to roleplaying games in general.

We are a few sessions in, but we're looking to expand our group beyond the core players. If you're interested in joining this campaign, please send a message to inquire more! The sessions will take place at 2:00 PM EST on Sundays. So, don't miss out on this opportunity for an exciting and thrilling adventure.

Let the darkness consume you and the mystery unfold as you join us in the land of Ravenloft.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

Game: Exalted 3rd Edition
Format: Discord, Foundry VTT
Players: 5
Schedule: Weekday evenings, vaguely PST

There are three ways to do something in Creation. The right way, the wrong way, and the Exalted way. The Exalted way is mostly the first, a little bit of the second, and with giant handfuls of dice and glorious excess to both form and function. Why just haggle with a tea merchant normally when you can do it with the power of kung-fu magic and eye-bleeding special effects? Because in the world of Creation, there is kung-fu for everything, down to getting those pesky tea stains out of your favorite robes.

I'm putting together an Exalted 3rd edition chronicle, intended to run about 18 months, and I'm looking for like-minded souls to be a part of it; this is classic Exalted in all its crunchy, dice tricky, over the top grandeur. Once I have the group together there are a number of different chronicle pitches, most of which would accommodate Solars, Lunars, or Siderials (DBs are a little low on the power scale for my taste, and Exigents just haven't clicked for me).

samcarsten
Sep 13, 2022

by vyelkin
Game: Liberation at Riverton
System: GURPS
Format: Discord for voice, Foundry VTT for play
Players: Need 2 more
Time: 4PM EST, Sundays

Description: Your team has been selected by the secret paramilitary organization known as The Morrow Project to be frozen, to be awoken 2-3 years after a nuclear war to help rebuild. Your recon team is tasked with determining the situation near the town of Riverton, near a National Guard training facility.

I am using GURPS to run this. PDFs will be made available. I am in need of 2 more players for this game. There will be a session 0 for character creation and RP.

samcarsten fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 13, 2023

Mefis
Mar 13, 2023
[Dungeon World] [Online] [Voice] [around 19:00 CET weekdays]

Hello,

I’m looking to run a Dungeon World campaign.

Players will be invited by the lord of a border fortress to come and hunt a monster that has been attacking his people. After that, new dangers will come up as we play.

The fortress is one of many guarding the border between a large empire and the vast barbarian lands in the north.

If you’re interested please send me the following:

A brief character concept, which should include how you know the lord of the fortress that invited you (e.g. you served in the army together , you were school buddies). Don’t invest too much in this as it will likely change significantly as we do char gen all together during session 1

Your age (21+)

Optional: your Lines and Veils

We’ll play using discord voice chat and some VTT to do open rolls. Rest will be theater if the mind.

Please email me everything at ggwp@fastmail.com

PhantomMuzzles
Jun 23, 2022

It's a puzzle.
Game: Camp Cryptid Lake
System: New Forum Reality Game
Format: Discord, with live events
Time: 8-9 pm Central, Monday-Thursday. Game is set to begin mid-May and last until mid-July
Players: 18
Description: Come join us at Camp Cryptid Lake for some summer camp fun! Sure, some people might get murdered now and then, but that's just part of the authentic summer camp experience, right? We'll play games, compete in challenges, solve some puzzles, and make friends for life! And also yeah hopefully not get murdered.
Recruitment Post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027297
Signup Link: https://forms.gle/s25p2tAYxQdpsDH97

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Eberron 5e
System: D&D 5e
Format: Online for a few sessions then offline once we are comfortable. Must be able to attend live games in Long Island, New York
Time: 2pm EST Saturday
Players: We have 2, but we are looking for 1 to 3 more.
To Apply: Contact me on Discord at Covok#8950
Description: I am running a 5e game on Long Island. We lost a player at the last minute. We are now down to 2 players. We are still interested in running. We were curious if anyone else on Long Island would be interested in joining the game. We are online for now, but will move offline after about one or two sessions. We are running on Saturdays at 2pm EST.

To give more context, we just did a pre-session 0. It would have been the real session 0, if it were not for the drops. But poo poo happens.

We are leaning to a newspaper or university campaign. Two players are considering dragonmarks. They are both making two characters each and will pick the one that works best when the group is decided.

Homebrew is allowed, but just needs to be approved.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Arrrthritis posted:

Game: Abomination Vaults/Troubles in Otari
Players: 4/5
Schedule: Every Other Tuesday at 3:00 PM CST, next session on April 18th

Reposting this because we're currently near the end of book 1 of Abomination Vaults, and a player just recently needed to drop due to a scheduling change. The module itself is a haunting dungeon crawl with an emphasis on fighting nightmarish creatures, with brief interludes of town events and strange happenings surrounding Gauntlight Keep. We need a level four character to join us with the free archetype spec. Feel free to send me a message on here or on discord Arrrthritis#3229 and i'll be happy to answer any questions and/or send you an invite to the game discord.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Wanting more players for an existing game, don't remember if I ever advertised it here.

Game: The Great Hole In The Ground
System: GURPS 4E
Format: Discord
Time: 1900 Eastern every other Tuesday
Players: Currently 3, no limit
To Apply: https://discord.gg/75WfNJV
Description: The Great Hole In The Ground originated as a old-school high-lethality dungeon crawl (though character death has largely been avoided so far), and is slowly morphing into more and is surprisingly RP-heavy. Additional characters would greatly enhance the experience for everybody.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Game: Golden Gate i dunno i haven't settled an a super amazing title
System: Mongoose Traveller 2. I'm using explorer's edition but if you happen to have a more comprehensive one use that whatever
Format: a forums thread play by post unless it's too much a pain in the rear end then i guess we'll migrate to discord or something
Players: whoever shows up i suppose. Pretty flexible but ideally like a couple? 6? More is fine?

Description: I slapped together some bullshit

Erudite Dr. Sledj of the University of Hesaim needs some goons to do basic chores and maybe travel to other star systems. Chargen is a little bit modified from normal in that it's the more simplified version and you can't end up getting drafted or dying or anything, altho you might still get your arms and legs shot off. I don't have PSI rules and a bunch of other crap that is in the main books so we're going stripped down mode which will hopefully make this easier. Ideally this would be p easy casual type of game. Non-players can shitpost if they want, that kinda thing.

you do not even have to have played or know any rules or anything, but i guess it would be helpful cause it's kind of a test run

Probably you should know all my games are in the same setting at the same time, even this one. This means you may be interacting with other players -- NPCs here could be someone else's PCs. The things you do will affect other games unless you immediately jump into the sun and then everyone quits. This also means you should try to avoid purposefully "cheating" by reading other threads you suspect are directly interacting with yours, but I don't police this.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Game: A trip to the library
System: All outta bubblegum, a simple and not serious at all point-based action system, slightly adapted. Expect a fair degree of improvisation!
Format: Forums Play by Post.
Players: 3 to 5, depending on interest.
To apply: In thread!

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Game: CYOA.I. Adventure
System: Undecided
Format: Forums Co-Operative Play by Post CYOA
Players: As many as wish to contribute.
Description: An experiment with a CYOA and ChatGPT. Come and build the story from the setting up:

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Game: Shadows of Destiny
System: D&D 4e (Starting level: 21!)
Format: Discord play by post (Discord link!!)
Players: 6
Description: You are a hero, a legendary figure in the Forgotten Realms. You have been called upon for one, hopefully final, adventure to save Toril from Shar's schemes.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Game: Anomalous Subsurface Environment
System: Dungeon Crawl Classics + a few house rules
Format: Play by Post on Discord
Players: 2 solid, 1 new one, looking for 1-3 more
Description: Exploring the titular gonzo science-fantasy megadungeon! The PCs have done an intro funnel, a preliminary dungeon, and have just unlocked the megadungeon itself. This game has been running for 4 months and we are currently have a clean opportunity to add more players. I'm looking for people who can generally post once a day (any time zone is fine, we're all over)

PM me if interested, Discord seems to make it hard to connect directly from outside a server

Something Else fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jul 10, 2023

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Game: Freelancers of the Trojan Reach
System: Mongoose Traveller 2e
Format: Voice on discord, foundry VTT, meeting weekly Tuesday evenings at 7:30-9:30 EST
Players: 3 players, looking for 1-2 more
Description: Sandbox Traveller in the Trojan Reach! Get your ship! Stay ahead of your mortage! Meet traveller's kinda trashy aliens. See attached discord invite if you're interested. It'll be 2-3 weeks before we get started- do note that chargen will be in a 1:1 session where we can go through the process and i can answer any questions you might have. Please PM me in the channel (i'm Panzeh there) if you're interested.

https://discord.gg/NEvXGmxk6

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jul 23, 2023

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
admin removed spam

cpmaoa1990
Jul 21, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
admin removed spam

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: To Attempt the Impossible
System: FantasyCraft
Format: Text based Roleplay using Discord for actual roleplay and Foundry for Combat
Players: 4-6
How to Join: https://forms.gle/a8bbwBw9HVNwJcDB8 Fill out this Application
Description: The world sits under a pall of darkness. The great armies of the Saashvat Empire have conquered the known world in its near entirety. From the sunrise islands of Hinode in the far east to the Thrake in the West, stretching from the Sarawit Regiments of Memn to the islands of the Molacaas, the Shaashvat Empire has conquered all with their Vedic Weapons. The people of the world live in fear and terror underneath the hobnailed boot of the Empire, the common folk at the mercy of the empire’s Mahaveda Priests or the unnatural appetites of the Empire’s Brahmins and Kshatriya.

Except for Azania, and the Seven Free Cities: Buyowe, the great fortress of the Yowe Kings and Queen of the Lake; Injira, the Northern Bastion; Kiranga, Great City of Learning and Magic; Milase, the Coral Port; Rutaro, the Celestial City; Thabo Zambe, the Invincible Bastion of the South ; and the greatest, Miji wa Amani, the city of peace, the holy city. Azania is a large region of the southern continent, fringed by natural borders on all sides, and populated by the last free people. Refugees of all sorts make their home here alongside the native peoples, and all must work together to survive.

The Saashvat Empire has made four previous attempts to invade Azania, and each one was pushed back with great sacrifice. Each time, the Free Companies have pushed them back. Now, though, things have changed. New ways of thinking from refugees have spread to Azania, leading to a great advancement in knowledge. The world is changing, and the inhuman intelligence behind the Empire and the Mahaveda cult is worried, for the secret of the Vedic Weapons has become commonplace: Gunpowder has come, and with it hope to do more than survive.

But for you? That’s not something to worry about at the moment. Near the town of Makale, you’ve come in search of adventurer, drawn by rumors of undead. But what starts as simply saving the townsfolk from a tide of the dead will turn into something much more- and the breaking of the Empire.

To Attempt The Impossible is a story driven campaign of Fantasy Craft that focuses heavily on roleplay and combat as players take on the roles of those chosen by fate and chance to play a pivotal role in the war against the oppressive Shaashvat Empire. Starting as common adventurers, events swiftly throw the players into the forefront of the conflict. A conflict that is fought as much with words and deeds, pen and faith as it is with black powder and cold steel. Because of this wide ranging focus and to simplify things, the campaign will combine Discord and Foundry for Roleplay and Combat. Adittionally, this game will be text only.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Game: Something Is Wrong Here - a RPG inspired by the works of David Lynch
System: Something Is Wrong Here
Format: Zoom and Roll20, two sessions held on Wednesday 13 and Wednesday 20 September from 3am to about 6am EST (I know that's ridiculous, I'm in NZ so it's 7-10pm for us. Will suit other Oceania players or maybe nightshift people on their day off?)
Players: 4-6 - we have 3 players ready to go, so really hoping to find at least one more so that we can make this happen!
Description: I'm a GM with over 20 years experience and am keen to try out something new. According to Something Is Wrong Here's webpage, this is an RPG that is atmospheric, emotional, and personal. It delves into delicate and emotionally charged areas, and I will use safety tools and hold the space sensitively drawing on my professional work as a psychotherapist as well.
If you love the surreal, if you love darker and more character-driven stories, and particularly if you love the work of David Lynch then please join me in creating something very unique and different. If you're not sure or are on the fence, I highly recommend checking out the Glass Cannon Network's actual play of Something Is Wrong Here for a good sense of what to expect. You don't need to have much RPG experience, but a willingness to improvise and get into character will certainly be helpful

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Kerro posted:

Game: Something Is Wrong Here - a RPG inspired by the works of David Lynch
System: Something Is Wrong Here
particularly if you love the work of David Lynch
How might I sign up? (PMs open)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
PMd you