Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Bleeds the Sky
System: The Quiet Year
Format: PbP
Players: 3 (plus me for 4 total, if more people are interested we can split into 4-person groups as far as is possible)
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world after our civilisation has fallen. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

EDIT: Enough players now.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Everyone Is Joe
System: Everyone Is John
Players: 6
Description: Diamond Joe is a man of many drives, drives that get him into all kindsa trouble with all kindsa hombres.

EDIT: Joe is Go!

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 24, 2015

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: A ship. A crew. And a signal.
System: Pocket Geiger Counter
Players: up to 7 (plus me for 8 total)
Description: Come and make a survival horror movie in the vein of Alien, Pitch Black or Night of the Living Dead! Make sure almost all of the characters die horribly, punished for humanity's hubris!

EDIT: Got enough players.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 12:15 on May 22, 2015

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Drowns the Sky
Players: N/A (the default is 3-5, but we can start as many games as needed to match the level of interest) Finished getting signups
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 7, 2015

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Asks the Earth
Players: 3-4 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Autumn the Mist Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

This time around is a bit experimental, as instead of starting in Spring and ending in Winter, we'll be starting in Winter and ending in Autumn.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Humanity is Obsolete
System: Gamma Patrol
Players: 3-5
Description: A quick, Nihei-esque, sci-fi game. Come defend a remnant of humanity from a world that's left it by the wayside.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

UnCO3 posted:

Game: Humanity is Obsolete
System: Gamma Patrol
Players: 3-5
Description: A quick, Nihei-esque, sci-fi game. Come defend a remnant of humanity from a world that's left it by the wayside.
Looking for 1-2 more players for this.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: No Gods Watch Over Me
System: The Sundered Land: A Doomed Pilgrim in the Ruins of the Future
Players: Any – I ask questions, and anyone can answer
Description: A game designed for online play, where I, a pilgrim travelling the Sundered Land, must try to escape danger while everyone else tries to see me dead.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future
System: The Sundered Land: Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future
Players: Any – up to 4 will be caravan guards, but anyone can join in as a nameless, restless shade
Description: Four guards defend a caravan from a deadly hazard as it traverses the Burnt Road to reach the City of Gulls. Perhaps they will succeed; perhaps the vultures will pick at their bones while their shades curse the sky.

:siren: There is a 24 hour application window before I roll to see who the guards are (if I get more than 4 apps)! :siren: After that, anyone who starts posting (and anyone who isn't a guard) is a shade. This will be a quick, short game, probably a week at most.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Tomb Robbing in the Cancerous City
System: The Sundered Land: Tomb Robbers in the Ruins of the Future
Players: Any – I and my co-players ask questions, and anyone can answer
Description: A game designed for online play, where I and several fellow tomb robbers seek wealth beyond measure in unhallowed halls while everyone else tries to send us to our dooms.

This is a homebrew follow-up to the Doomed Pilgrim game I recently ran.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Aches the Earth
Description: Our community has just driven off the Jackals and now hopes for a year of relative peace – a quiet year – but little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives in a post-collapse world some time after the fall of our civilisation. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll find out why the world changed. We'll play to find out.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Godgame: Five Centuries of Flux
System: PDQ
Players: 6
Description: Be a god! Rebuild the world in your image! Smite the unworthy! Do it all before something big happens in 6 weeks/5 centuries' time! Apps close at 11pm (GMT), 05/11/16. I'll be taking 6 people (unless I get fewer apps than that).

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Swallows the Sea
Description: Our community was once near the battle lines of a great war, but since the lines have shifted they now hope for a year of relative peace – a quiet year. Little do they know that in Winter the Frost Shepherds will arrive... This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we guide the actions of a community that lives on the edge of a war-torn world. Maybe they'll build something new; maybe we'll discover why the war is fought. We'll play to find out.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Quiet Year: Breathes the Sea

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Apr 29, 2018

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Description: A game designed for online play, where I, a pilgrim travelling the Sundered Land, must try to escape danger while everyone else tries to see me dead.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future
System: The Sundered Land: Caravan Guards in the Ruins of the Future
Players: Any – up to 4 will be caravan guards, but anyone can join in as a nameless, restless shade
Description: Four guards defend a caravan from a deadly hazard as it traverses the Burnt Road to reach the City of Gulls. Perhaps they will succeed; perhaps the vultures will pick at their bones while their shades curse the sky.

:siren: There is a 24 hour application window before I roll to see who the guards are! :siren: After that, anyone who starts posting (and anyone who isn't a guard) is a shade, with a minor influence over the story. This will be a quick, short game, probably a week at most.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Plant
System: The Plant
Description: Your daughter is in the plant. You are going to find her.

A collaborative game where we explore past and present to piece together the future.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Militaires Sans Frontieres
System: Pocket Geiger Counter
Description: Let’s be renegade superhuman soldiers who get killed by Solid Snake.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Reefer… Madness!
System: Everyone Is John
Players: However many (but probably not more than 7-8)
Description: Everyone Is John through the medium of horrifically outdated anti-drug propaganda.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: The Fall of Magic
System: Fall of Magic
Players: 3-5, including me
Description: Magic is dying and the Magus is dying with it. We travel together to the realm of Umbra where magic was born.

A storytelling game of fantasy and melancholy where we travel through a map that opens before us and closes behind, making our way from the Magus’ home at Ravenhall to Umbra, the birthplace of magic, and find out who we are, who we were, and who we will become along the way.

EDIT: Initial signups are over, but there'll be opportunities for people to get involved later. I'll update this post with more details when that becomes relevant.

UnCO3 fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Nov 8, 2018

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: With strange aeons, even death may die
System: The Skeletons
Players: 2-4
Description: A rules-light inversion of a dungeon crawl, where you play skeletons guarding a tomb from intruders. As time passes, you regain lost memories, but all the while the tomb slowly crumbles around you.

The game also involves drawing and altering a map of the tomb, and days or weeks of downtime in the thread to represent the months, years, decades and more of terrible, unconscious darkness between invasions.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: The Quiet Year: Seasons Unknown

Note: This game is a minor variation on the original rules, but not one to worry about if you haven’t played before. For those that have, there are a number of extra cards per season, but we’ll only be drawing up to 13 as normal. This introduces more randomness into the oracle, which, if you’ve played several times, starts to become a little predictable.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: The Quiet Year: Twilight Song
System: The Quiet Year (hack)
Description: Our narrator lives in a world where humanity is in decline, but people accept this change and explore the new world that’s rising rather than struggle violently against the changing of the tides. This is a birds-eye view, map-making game where we play a single person and follow a broader community as years and decades pass. Humanity is in its twilight. How does someone live well, even as things slowly fall away? Will we discover what could emerge to succeed us? We’ll play to find out.

Note: This game is an extensive, Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou-inspired hack of The Quiet Year by Avery Alder – so extensive, in fact, that you don’t need to worry if you haven’t played before, because it’s almost a completely different (but somewhat similar) game. Every player will get access to the full rules.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: AFTER KAIJU
System: After Kaiju (playtest)
Players: 3-5 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: A rules-light cinematic storygame where we make a documentary that tells the true story of a kaiju attack.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Dead Air
System: Geiger Counter Gamma
Description: Survival horror film RPG set in a dying gimmick radio station in a rust belt ghost town. Freakish spectres, rising terror, approaching slaughter.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Drowns the Sky
System: homebrew
Format: PbP or live (text) on my discord server (link will be valid for 24 hours - ask me if you need a new one)
Players: 3-5, including me
Description: We’re space colonists on an alien world. The End is coming. We can’t stop it, but we can choose what we remember, how we’re remembered, and what we do with these final days or hours.

Drowns the Sky is a short 1-page map-game played with coinflips, originally an entry into an SA game design contest back in 2014, and I’m finally getting around to playtesting it (so I can build a better, more developed version of the game).

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: AFTER KAIJU
System: After Kaiju (playtest)
Players: 3-5 per game, and as many games as there are players for
Description: A rules-light cinematic storygame about a kaiju attack, the stories people tell in the aftermath, and the impact they have on the world - and the fractalic spread of stories inspiring stories inspiring stories with the rise of each new generation.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

quote:

A lonely golem.
A fated disaster.
A friend in the ground.
An invaluable ruin.
A pile of goblins.
An internet of things.
A terribly, terribly hungry cat.
A grieving pizza parlour.
A pair of playlists.
A scrapheap of misfits.
A forest of hunger.
Alone together.
Game: Let's Play some 200-word RPG Challenge finalists
System: several, see recruit thread OP
Format: PbP and/or discord (live text) depending on the game
Players: some are 2-player, most can run with 3-4, 3-5, or 3-6
Description: Short RPGs with short runtimes that made it to the finals of the 2019 200-word RPG Challenge, including my own game. I'm looking to play any or all of this selection of 12 out of the 40 finalists.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
I've added 3 more 200-word RPGs to the thread here - one's a game of weird eldritch comedy horror(?) called The boys are back in town, one's a game of dice-stacking/wizard-tower-building where we write the histories of the wizards who live there called Manus artificis in caelis: WIZARD EDITION, and one's a coin-based story-telling game about the life and times of a family pet called Building the Rainbow Bridge.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice

Game: The Quiet Year: Seasons Unknown II

Note: This game is a minor variation of the original rules, but not one to worry about if you haven’t played before. In the original game you draw from a deck of playing cards to create random events and choices that the community faces; this version just has more cards, to boost the replayability of the game.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Fall into Legend
System: Apotheosis
Players: looking for 4 total, including me, but I could go with 2-5 total
Description: Stories are not immutable. Legends are not fixed in time and space. They change in the telling and re-telling, winding around obstacles and voids like the roots and branches of a tree, accommodating the changing ways of the people who tell them. This is a game about telling the dominant myth of a society, and exploring how it changes across the generations.

This game is similar to Microscope, in that it’s a GMless game where you add and change details of a story, but in this case it’s a legend growing, splitting, and decaying over time rather than a record of history.

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
Game: Godgame: Best-laid Plans of Gods and Men
System: homebrew, simple dice pool stuff
Players Prayers: potentially infinite
Description: A godgame! We’ve already got players, but anyone can submit mortal prayers to be delivered to the gods. Check the first few posts in the thread for details (you’ll need PMs or discord).

There’s also a good chance I’ll add a fifth god-player a week from now at the start of the second 'Age' of the game (if you're interested in that, check the discord link in the first post to join the OOC channel and stay updated).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice