Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: [The One Ring] Lord of the Rings Fanfiction: Please no Mary Sues
System: The One Ring
Players: 4-5 players
Format: PBP
Description: This game will focus on playing through an alternate version of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The general idea is that Bilbo did not hold on to the ring and tried to get rid of it. It was later rediscovered and brought to Rivendall where a new fellowship was formed. A fellowship you will be playing as.

Yes, this is practically Lord of the Rings self-insert fan-fiction, but, hey, I'm thinking it will be pretty fun.

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Game: Birth By Fire: A Halo Adventure
System: Atomic Robo RPG
Format: Roll20 + Skype
Players: 4-5
Description: You are the crew members of the UNSC Birth By Fire. Responding to a distress signal on Haley's Hope, you are to reclaim the research outpost, defeat Insurgency agents, reclaim or destroy captured data, investigate the involvement of another entity, and rescue research personnel.

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 25, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Battle Academy
System: Pathfinder
Format: PbP
Description: The mage-tyrants of Vierks threaten all with their evil magicks. The one bastion of freedom is the city of Kremodora which lies in an Anti-Magic field. Within its walls lie the Battle Academy, the cities attempt to train warriors powerful enough to fight against the Mage-tyrants. Warriors from around the globe come to learn the greatest techniques within these halls. Some seek to help free the world. Some seek their own personal reasons. What do you seek?

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 14, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The Dark-Corners Of The City
System: Urban Shadows
Players: 3-4
Description: Enter a world of supernatural crime. A world where devils walk the streets and everyone owes something to someone.

Game: Vigilantes With Attitude
System: Worlds In Peril
Description: Be a rising, new superhero team trying to balance superheroing with your personal life.

Covok fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 19, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The Dark-Corners Of The City
System: Urban Shadows
Players: 5-6 (Looking for 3 to 4 extra people.)
Description: Enter a world of supernatural crime. A world where devils walk the streets and everyone owes something to someone.
Note: We're doing another recruitment to fill up some slots for the game since some people can't make it anymore. Also, the time has been moved to 7:00pm.

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 14, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Give Me Freedom or Give Me Death!
System: Fantasy Flight's Star Wars: Force and Destiny
Format: Roll20 + Hangouts
Players: 5-6
Description: Project Harvester, an Empire project to find and assimilate force-sensitive individuals, has claimed you. You have escaped, but the Empire doesn't give up easy. Without fully knowing what you are or capable of or how to survive with the force, you must run or you will die.

Covok fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 14, 2016

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The Souless Dargon
System: 13th Age
Format: Roll 20 + Skype
Description: Save (or destroy) the empire and earn your heart's desire while shaping the future of the world.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The Young And The Restless...And The Superpowerful!
System: Masks
Players: 3-5
Description:

Halcyon City!

A city of heroes! A city of villains! A city of youth!

Three generations of heroes have graced this city and brought justice to its crime ridden streets!

But, now, a new generation of young crime fighters has cropped up! Young and untested, these heroes strive to protect our city and find their place within it!

Will they become the next paragon of our fine city? Will they find the life isn't for them? Or will they fall pray to the evils that live in our alleyways and lose the most precious thing of all!?

Tune in to find out!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Fellowship Playtest
System: Fellowship
Format: Skype
Players: 1-2
Description: We had a drop so we're looking for 1-2 replacements.

We decided to drop the game instead. Another person left and the game was cutting into my increasingly busy grad year.

Covok fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 16, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Exigents: Varied, Different, And Strange
System: Chuubo's Marvelous Wish Granting Engine
Description: You are Exigents, a unique kind of Exalted made when lesser gods exalt a mortal. You are varied, different, and strange. How will you make your way in Creation?

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The Endless Turning of Fate
System: Tenra Bansho Zero
Player/GM: 5
Format: Roll20 +Skype
Description: Doing the game as intended: a series of one-shots. Rotating GM deal. Meet every Monday.

Try it out. Try new things. Try to have fun.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: SA Old School Adventure Club
System: Swords & Wizardry, for now
Format: Roll20 + Mic
Players: Like 5 per GM
Description: I'm trying to setup a D&D Encounters like scenario where people can just sort-of show up, play, hang out, and stuff. It's supposed to be pretty laid back. Might be a bad idea, but, hey, it could also work out well.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Thread: Close Encounters of the Elven Kind
System: Burning Wheel
Description: Be the first elves to ever interact with human society. What elves are like, what human society like, what you are like will be defined during the chargen session.

Covok
May 27, 2013

System: Fantasy Craft
Thread: The Snow Of The North Falls Like Tears
Format Discord + Roll20
Players: 3-6
Description: Protect and facilitate peace talks for a new, fair world government after the fall of the cruel and evil elven empire. Not as diplomats, of course, but as security personal, soldiers, handymen, and adventurers.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Rebels In The Lands Of Criminals
System: Fate Core With Houserules
Format: Roll20 + Discord
Players: 4 - 6
Description: On the smuggler world of Nar Shadda, rebels run ops in secret. Using the stink of criminals to hide their scent, they run support for the more direct elements of the rebellion.

Stand Up! Fight in the shadows! Bring light to the galaxy!

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Children of the Gods
System: See Description*

Fight against agents of the bleak (a creeping force of despair of nihilism) by winning hearts and bringing justice to a world that has none.

*So, this game is a little weird: we aren't using a system. What we're doing is playing with the idea of making a system through play. It's explain in the thread proper, but we start with just a basic way of handling uncertainty and work from there to handle cases that pop-up in play, if we feel that the current rules aren't good enough.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Science Adventures Throughout The Century
System: Atomic Robo The Roleplaying Game (Fate Core)
Format: Discord + Roll 20, Microphone Required
Description: An anthology game that jumps around the Robo timeline. After each volume (adventure), we'll jump to a new journey. From Nazis to Carl Sagan, from Soviets to the Yonker's Devil, this game will be packed with pulp, adventure, and science!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Project Guardian
System: Battle Century G
Format: Roll20 + Discord
Players: 4-6
Description: Defend New York, and the world, from giant bugs while riding in heroic super robots!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Playtest Friendship, Effort, Victory
System: Friendship, Effort, Victory (PbtA)
Description: Help playtest the latest draft for Friendship, Effort, Victory, a powered by the apocalypse game inspired by shonen battle comics like Dragonball Z, Bleach, Naruto, etc.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Secret Comics
System: Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Description: A series of related or unrelated events (adventures) set in the Marvel universe with little concern for canon and open to original interpretations of classic characters and original characters.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
System: Dungeons And Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Play-by-Post
Description: Lower Dura, a forgotten district full of crime and poverty, is the home of a new, tiny merc company, "Dirty Deeds." Be the proprietors and only employees of this new company and, maybe, grow from Dura to the Skyway. Expect Noir.

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Emperor In Exile, Republic In Remnants
System: Fantasy Flight Star Wars
Format: Play-By-Post
Players: 4 Players
Description: A legacy era game, it will focus on the Fel-Remnant alliance and their attempts to overthrow the Sith Empire. Essentially, it's the Galactic Civil War all over again except with more of everything.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Land Of The Dying Sun
System: Godbound
Format: Voice Game, Discord, Dicebot
Description: Heaven sacked by Sun Wukong and the Onis of hell, the gods of the Celestial Bureaucracy slain, and the Shogun slaughtered, the world stands in a ruin of war and decay. Not even the wheel of reincarnation is safe and only the barren landscape of hell awaits those who suffer. Be the force to change the world for good or get what you can out of the world for your own amusement. Do as you wish, you are Godbound.
Players: 3-5, with one seat reserved for an IRL friend

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: To Boldy Go Where No One Has Gone Before
System: Star Wars World
Players: 4 to 6
Description: It's three years after Jakku and you're being sent in a Corvette ship and a couple of fighters (because political gridlock) to negotiate the surrender of the Imperial ships that fled the battle of Jakku. You have to go into Wild Space, where no hyperspace lanes are known, so you're jumping system to system in a place where anything can happen and no one knows what to expect.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Land Of The Dying Sun
System: Godbound
Format: Voice Game, Discord, Dicebot
Description: Heaven sacked by Sun Wukong and the Onis of hell, the gods of the Celestial Bureaucracy slain, and the Shogun slaughtered, the world stands in a ruin of war and decay. Not even the wheel of reincarnation is safe and only the barren landscape of hell awaits those who suffer. Be the force to change the world for good or get what you can out of the world for your own amusement. Do as you wish, you are Godbound.

Players: 1-3 players needed, we had some drops

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Mass Effect: CURE
System: Mass Effect Fate
Format: Live through Roll20
Description: In between the events of Mass Effect 1 and 2, an anti-human terrorist group rose to power as a reaction to humanity's rise to a Council seat. The Council, seeking stability and fearing the parallels with the Saren uprising, have mobilized a team of Spectres to investigate, track, and kill the terrorist leader and end their movement.

You are those Spectres. You are the Council's arms and legs. You only got one shot at this.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Dogs of the King
System: Ninja Crusade 2nd Edition
Format: Roll20 (dice, maps) + Discord (voice chat)
Description: Join the Izou Army and the protect the Empire against the forces of anarchy and chaos, the ninja!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Martial Arts Madness
System: Friendship Effort Victory
Format: Discord, Voice
Players: 4-6 players
Description:

• What’s the big aesthetic of this comic? Pirates? Ninjas? Ghosts? Something else?
  • Martial artists with a hint of chinese mythology and some sci-if motiffs
  • What gives people power? Is there anything that gives them power or is the world just like that? Ki? Jutsu? Magic? Or just skill?
  • People can become powerful through the mastery of ki energy.
  • Why do people fight? What motivates most people? Is there some big goal? To be the best? Head of a country? Peace?
  • While individual reasons might vary, the general trend tends to be a desire to become the strongest in the universe.
  • Does something tie all the characters together? A tournament? A shared master? A shared enemy? An acedemy? Something else?
  • All the characters are the students of the same dojo and same master, Kitsusennien.
  • How is this world different? Is it mystical? Medieval? Science Fiction? Something else?
  • While the cities are more advanced than the modern day, the rural areas are like medieval china and are full of mythical and extinct creatures like dinosaurs and bearmen.
  • What is the name of this manga?
  • Martial Arts Madness

Covok fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Aug 6, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Life In A Time Of War
System: Legend of the Elements
Format: Discord, Dicebot, Microphone Required
When: Tuesday at 9pm EST
Description:

Water.

Earth.

Fire.

Air.

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the Water Tribes, Earth Kingdom, Fire Nation, and Air Nomads. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished. Fifty years have passed and the Fire Nation continues its war of agression. Some people believe that the Avatar was never reborn into the Air Nomads, and that the cycle is broken. But I haven't lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

It is 30 years into the reign of Fire Lord Azulon and the war rages on. The Air Nomads have vanished from the world and, with them, the avatar. The Earth Kingdom has made no such claims of having their own Avatar. If he were dead, then he should have been reborn into the Earth Kingdom. But, no one has seen him either. Hope is at an all time low.

Few remember what life was like before the war. The young know only violence and fear.

This is your world now. This is your story. Make it a good one in these troubled times.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jan 2, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The New Avengers
Format: Discord + Roll20
Players: 2-3
Description: Join the new Avengers and help protect the multiverse from the Council of Four!

So, let me be real. This game had a pretty much full group till two days ago. Charollettesville lead to politics talk and politics talk lead to two players engaging in sexist, homophobic, and transphobic behavior. Even acted like dicks when I called them out. For example, "guys, that's pretty loving disrespectful to trans individuals" being met with "I identify as a ghost pirate and, if you disagree, I'll throw a tantrum! Are you triggered yet!?"

I kicked them both from the game.

Judging from their reaction and attempts to get back in the game, they apparently did not understand how these things work.

Regardless, that gave me two open slots. The other people should be cool.

We've been playing for some time and had two events: Breakout and are in the middle of the Council of Four.

Currently, they're hopping universes trying to stop an Evil Reed Richards, an Evil Hulk, Phoenix from another universe, and an evil Symboite Spiderman from destroying the multiverse.

Link Removed

Edit: The game is at 6pm EST Saturday. Microphone Required.

Covok fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 19, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Get Rich Or Die Trying.
System: Fragged Empire
Description:

Welcome to the Haven System!

Mankind is dead, it's successor species made a bunch of new species but one killed them all off, and now everyone is trying to rebuild.

Opportunities to make dollar dollar bills, y'all!

Sundays at 9pm EST. Microphone required.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 3, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Life In A Time Of War
System: Legend of the Elements
Format: Discord, Dicebot, Microphone Required
When: Tuesday at 9pm EST
Players: 1-3
Description:

We had a player drop. Looking for a replacement, and maybe two extras.

Basically, we're in Yu Dao in the middle of the war. We kind of, may have, be the start of a Triad organization in the city. Listen, things happens and no one can blame people for a series of simple mistakes.

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 15, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: The New Avengers
Description: Join the new Avengers and help protect the multiverse from the Council of Four!

We've been playing for some time and had two events: Breakout and are in the middle of the Council of Four.

Currently, they're hopping universes trying to stop an Evil Reed Richards, an Evil Hulk, Phoenix from another universe, and an evil Symboite Spiderman from destroying the multiverse.

We could use some people who can consistently show at the appointed time and are ready and willing to game. Have some fun, be superheroes, and all that.

The game is at 7pm EST Saturday. Microphone Required.

You can join us here.

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 15, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Not So Blessed Isle
System: Exalted 3rd Edition
Format: Voice/Discord/Roll20
Players: 4–6
Date: Wednesdays at 9PM EST to 12AM EST
Description: Be a Solar trying to survive in the Blessed Isle, center of the Realm, and stronghold of the Dragonblooded dominion.

Covok fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 2, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: #Resist
Game system: Hacked Marvel Heroic Roleplaying
Format: Forums PbP with Orokos
Description: Warning: Spoilers for the Last Jedi

It's time for this war to end.

After the devastating surprise attack on the New Republic, there isn't much left of any galactic government in the galaxy. The New Republic was so afraid of appearing like the Empire that they never had a strong military, a national identity, or the ability to enforce their laws far from the Senate. With the fleet gone and the home sector gone, there isn't any of the New Republic left. But, the First Order isn't much better. While some worlds aligned themselves to the First Order, the First Order lost their superweapon, their flagship, and their leader. They have a powerful navy, easily dwarfing the Resistance forces which soldiers number only in the thousands with no naval forces to speak of, but its a serious question whether the First Order can conqueror and expand easily with their diminished forces. Planets grew their own standing armies and navies due to the Republic's weakness. The First Order cannot simply enter their airspace and claim the land, there will be a fight and such battles can be costly.

All of this before one consider's Kylo's inability to lead as Supreme Leader.

The galaxy is in a unique state of utter lawlessness. Each planet is governed by its own government. In many ways, this is a continuation of the New Republic's lax hand, but the chaos is much more noticeable when even the most basic rules, treaties, and shared currencies aren't respected. The galaxy has not been this disconnected since before the invention of the hyperdrive and founding of the Old Republic. The First Order, outside its sector of space, must take its time to rebuild its force and conqueror more. However, the brash Kylo wastes resources chasing the near non-existence Resistance and allows non-aligned worlds to stock up for self-defense due to this obsession.

The Resistance, few in numbers, seeks to gain favors through propaganda, recruitment, guerrilla attacks on First Order worlds and any other method that can establish a single, important message: a propaganda message of "The First Order will bring chaos, only the Resistance can bring back order." It's a trying time for the Resistance. The Resistance has lost all its naval forces and is down to only a couple thousand soldiers. If it can't sway wealthy investors, military arms dealers, and young, healthy individuals willing to fight for democracy, it will die.

There is little telling what the future brings.

Perhaps the First Order wins and the galaxy is crushed by fascism. Perhaps the Resistance wins and the corrupt, ineffective bureaucracy of the New Republic returns.

Or, perhaps, something new, something proper can be born. Something to break the cycle and finally let old things die.

Covok fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Dec 18, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

System: D&D 4e

Where: Long Island

When: Sundays, 5-8pm ESRT

IRL

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Oct 5, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Welcome to Diamond City
System: Four Color Fate Accelerated
Description: Let's just go play superheroes and stuff.

Covok fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Oct 14, 2018

Covok
May 27, 2013

Campaign Name: The New Clone Wars Adventures
System: EotE/AoR/F&D
GM: @Covok
Platform: Discord, Obsidian Portal (maybe?), Roll20
Frequency: Weekly, Sunday
Time: 7pm - 10pm EST
Player Slots: 2/6
Co-GM required (see below)

A serial episodic campagin set in the Prequel trilogy.

The game will use troupe play. Players will make 3 characters: one in Edge, one in Age, and one in Force. Players will swap between their characters from session to session. This will allow us to tell a variety of stories in this time of galatic unrest. To be clear, you do not swap characters between players. You all just have 3 characters to swap between per session.

Duty will be used, not Obligation.

Jedi will also have Morality.

Players will use Knight play.

All official sourcebooks allowed.

Important Note: I am a tax accountant. From Feburary to April 15th, I will work 55+ hour weeks and work 6 days a week. I may not be able to run consistently or potentially at all during this peroid. For the game to work, I will need a Co-GM to take over when needed. Without that, I don't feel confident starting the campaign.

Lastly, some ground rules
-No racism
-No sexism
-No homophobia
-No transphobia
-No bigotry, basically
-No sex
-No rape
-Respect each other
-Don't be THAT GUY(TM)
-No Rise of Skywalker spoilers

If you're interested, DM me on discord at Covok#8950. I don't have anything setup yet.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Monster Emperor
System: My Pet Monsters
Players: 3-5
Description: A playtest of my new game, My Pet Monster, which is inspired by Digimon. After a batch of chosen children succumb to darkness and took over the Monster World, a new batch of children have been summoned to save the world and restore peace and balance to the Monster World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Game: Any
System: Any
Format: IRL
Players: Any
Description:

Hi, I am a forever GM, player, and game dev who is looking to meet up with some people and hang out and play games in Long Island. I don’t really have offline friends in the area and I am interested in meeting people. I am a tax accountant so I can't really hang until 4/18 passes but I thought it'd be a good idea to reach out now.

I have been playing and running games since 2011. I have even released a few games. I am willing to GM, if need be. I am just looking for some LGBTQ+ friendly friends to hang out with and play.

My discord is Covok#8950 if you are interested.