Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Game: Fantasy Civilization CYOA - Written by the Victors, Second Draft Incoming
System: CYOA
Format: PbP
Description: The so-called civilzed races look down on you from their opulent castles and rich fields. Guide a village of monstrous humanoids struggling to survive in a dangerous and poor land, and show them how wrong they were anyway.
Players: come one, come all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

System: Urban Shadows
Format: Discord, at https://discord.gg/BkeNKPt
Players: 1 to 3 more
Paris. Immense, overpopulated, ancient. Factions, both supernatural and not, have fought both directly and indirectly for control over this city, both in the dazzling lights that illuminate the Sienne river and in its dusty catacombs. Doesn't that sound fun?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Game: SK: All You Need Is Love, But A Sword Also Helps
System: Spellbound Kingdoms
Format: PBP with Discord support
Players: 2-4 more needed
Description: Spellbound Kingdoms is a system that rocks and needs to be played more. I have the starting adventure down (you're all from a small farming, your elders have noticed how passionate you are and you're trying to join a caravan that goes to Rithaign before the local kingsmen come for you) but the rest will be tailor-made to your characters. For now join Discord so we can plan this thing ahead. Here's the link: https://discord.gg/rJqbBMW

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Game: Queer Strife after the Collapse
System: Dream Askew
Format: Live on Saturday, via Discord text
Players: 1-3
Description: An enclave of queer folks that have survived after the first wave of post-apocalypse (there's still a Society Intact elsewhere, but it doesn't want to be reminded that we exist) deals with the challenges presented by this arduous environment. We are those folks; we are that enclave; we are that environment. This is a very peculiar game, related to PbtA but that evolved quite differently.

It's called Belonging Outside Belonging, or sometimes No Dice, No Masters. No Dice because you roll no dice; instead each playbook get weak moves (that grant a token), strong moves (that cost a token), and normal moves (that do not interact with the token economy). No Masters because, instead of giving all the responsibility of the NPCs and the world on the GM, it's shared amongst players; when your PC is not present in a scene, you'll be handed a mini-playbook representing a setting element that's relevant to the scene at hand, such as the Digital World, the Outlying Gangs or the Society Intact.

It's a very peculiar, very unique sort of game and I've been wanting to try it for a long while. We'll be playing with a friend of mine; I am on GMT+2 and am available for most of the day and evening. Please message me here, or on Discord at PXG#0373 if you're interested.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Nov 23, 2021

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Game: The Prince's Naming-Day, and Other Spectacles!
System: Under Hollow Hills https://lumpley.games/under-hollow-hills/
Format: Discord, via text.You can either friend me or message me, I'm in several goon servers: PXG#0373
Players: 2-3 spots are free, 2 are spoken for
Description:
Come great, come small, come revelers all! The Circus is coming to town!

I'm going to be GMing a game of Under Hollow Hills on Sunday evenings for GMT+2 (CET), which is to say Italy's timezone. It's a fanciful PbtA game about a circus of faeries putting on showd both in faerieland and in the mortal world. And I've got a doozie of an opening show for you!

The King Under the Mountain has made a son. He has sculpted him out of the finest marble in his kingdom, as white and flawless as freshly fallen snow; it has taken him years, the chisel just barely grazing the enormous, veined block, for the King would tolerate no flaws or imperfections in this son, this masterpiece of his.
The eyes are two breathtakingly beautiful emeralds that he has cut into laughing almond shapes; the king's miners have presented him with lakes worth of twinned gems before the King has found two that he considered worthy of being the instruments by which his darling son will see the world.
His hair is ebony imported at great expense from the upper world; his heart is a flawless, perfectly pure diamond; he is swathed in finely weaved spidersilk, and how lucky are the spider-kin, that they have already gotten their gift out of the way!
Gifts? Indeed! For now that his son is finished, and from his immense cradle he chortles and claps and looks with huge emerald eyes the going-ons of his father and mother's court, the King Under the Mountain has declared that the time has come to name his child, and that everyone shall gather and hear their name and bring gifts appropriate to such a masterpiece of a child. It could be argued that the pride of a father for his son is a fine thing, but it could also be argued that his expectations for the gifts they are to receive are astronomical. Can you think of a show that will satisfy him? Or do you have another plan in mind?

Text game! On Discord! Exact time to be discussed once I have a full party!