Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: Towards the Sun
System: Dungeons & Dragons 4th Edition
Format: Roll20 (Discord for organization, Voice Chat or Text depending on group preference)
Time: Tentatively Friday Afternoons, EST, but up for changing due to player schedules.
Players: Looking for 3 more players

Description: The players take on the role as a group of young members of a clan of a people inspired by the Yoruba culture of West Africa. Now young adults (roughly 18-25), the players have been named by the Clan's Oba, or king, as the Clan's new Alaabo, or Protectors. The Alaabo are tasked with keeping the peace between things: between the various Clans of your people, between people within clans, between your people and their neighbors, and between the spiritual and the physical. Unfortunately for the players, winds of danger are blowing across the land.

Towards the Sun is a heroic fantasy campaign with inspiration from plenty of stuff that the GM likes, as well as from historical cultures that the GM finds interesting or has some connection to. The region that the game begins in, Ariahia, is inspired by Coastal West Africa, specifically Nigeria, but the world traveling nature of the game will see the players go elsewhere. Expect combat, intrigue, diplomacy, exploration, and a fun rump.

To contact me, PM me here, or reach out to me on the TradGames discord.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Aug 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: Warbirds!
System: Warbirds
Format: Discord, Voice Chat if all players are okay with it.
Time: Tentatively Friday Afternoons, EST, but up for changing due to player schedules.
Players: Looking for 4

Description: In days long ago, before missiles and computers took over air combat, pilots were lauded as heroes of the sky. Braving new frontiers and becoming legends on the battlefield, the age of early aviation was a time of fame and fortune for these pilots. Warbirds seeks to recapture the adventure and romance of that era.

Warbirds has the players take on the role of elite fighter pilots in a powerful mercenary group known as the Guild. With specialized fighters called warbirds, the players are in that top 5% of pilots. The Guild works to provide safety and security for its clients, while making its pilots rich and famous. An experienced Guild pilot is a combination of celebrity and combat veteran, akin to the knights of old.

In Warbirds, Players take on the role of a new flight of Guild Rooks to enter that life. Also expect lots of Ace Combat and Area 88 inspired stuff.

To contact me, PM me here, or reach out to me on the TradGames discord.

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jan 1, 2021

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
So, I was thinking, and I want to run a Living World style campaign, but for Crafty Games' Fantasy Craft. I've got... some experience with the system, but I can't do this alone. I need a team to help me do this before i can even think about recruiting players.

What I'm looking for is to gather a team of about 1-3 "Judges" who are familiar with FantasyCraft and can help rule on edge cases and help people with the system, and then a team of 2-3 Game Masters to run adventures in the living world alongside me. If you're interested in helping out in this project, my Discord is Fiver#8057.

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: Troubleshootin' in 2300 AD
System: Mongoose Traveller 2e, 2300 AD
Format: Discord, Text based
Players: 4-6 Total (need 1-3 more)
Schedule:: Every Saturday at 7:30 PM EST , running for around 4 hours of game time.

Description:

Welcome to the Frontier- the colonized worlds of humanity following twilight. But there's problems on the frontier, problems that nations and governments can't solve. That's where Troubleshooters come in. Troubleshooters like you. PM me here or on discord (Fiver#8057) for more information

Fivemarks fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Feb 4, 2023

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
Game: To Attempt the Impossible
System: FantasyCraft
Format: Text based Roleplay using Discord for actual roleplay and Foundry for Combat
Players: 4-6
How to Join: https://forms.gle/a8bbwBw9HVNwJcDB8 Fill out this Application
Description: The world sits under a pall of darkness. The great armies of the Saashvat Empire have conquered the known world in its near entirety. From the sunrise islands of Hinode in the far east to the Thrake in the West, stretching from the Sarawit Regiments of Memn to the islands of the Molacaas, the Shaashvat Empire has conquered all with their Vedic Weapons. The people of the world live in fear and terror underneath the hobnailed boot of the Empire, the common folk at the mercy of the empire’s Mahaveda Priests or the unnatural appetites of the Empire’s Brahmins and Kshatriya.

Except for Azania, and the Seven Free Cities: Buyowe, the great fortress of the Yowe Kings and Queen of the Lake; Injira, the Northern Bastion; Kiranga, Great City of Learning and Magic; Milase, the Coral Port; Rutaro, the Celestial City; Thabo Zambe, the Invincible Bastion of the South ; and the greatest, Miji wa Amani, the city of peace, the holy city. Azania is a large region of the southern continent, fringed by natural borders on all sides, and populated by the last free people. Refugees of all sorts make their home here alongside the native peoples, and all must work together to survive.

The Saashvat Empire has made four previous attempts to invade Azania, and each one was pushed back with great sacrifice. Each time, the Free Companies have pushed them back. Now, though, things have changed. New ways of thinking from refugees have spread to Azania, leading to a great advancement in knowledge. The world is changing, and the inhuman intelligence behind the Empire and the Mahaveda cult is worried, for the secret of the Vedic Weapons has become commonplace: Gunpowder has come, and with it hope to do more than survive.

But for you? That’s not something to worry about at the moment. Near the town of Makale, you’ve come in search of adventurer, drawn by rumors of undead. But what starts as simply saving the townsfolk from a tide of the dead will turn into something much more- and the breaking of the Empire.

To Attempt The Impossible is a story driven campaign of Fantasy Craft that focuses heavily on roleplay and combat as players take on the roles of those chosen by fate and chance to play a pivotal role in the war against the oppressive Shaashvat Empire. Starting as common adventurers, events swiftly throw the players into the forefront of the conflict. A conflict that is fought as much with words and deeds, pen and faith as it is with black powder and cold steel. Because of this wide ranging focus and to simplify things, the campaign will combine Discord and Foundry for Roleplay and Combat. Adittionally, this game will be text only.