Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Cobbold's A Horde type CYOA
System: Homebrew PbP system where you vote by doing, and every voter is a player!
Format: PbP Orokos Dependent
Players: 20+ (Right now hard cap is 39, but we're hopefully getting more soon.

Description:

Every year and a half or so on the blood moon doors are shut, curtains are drawn and people hide in their homes. As the red light from the lunar eclipse reaches their doorsteps people do everything they can to keep themselves safe. For every Blood Moon some of those who are caught out in the light… turn.

And that's exactly what you are, a creature in the night, a lone faceless creating their own memories and forging their own lives through the crafting of weapons, the casting of rituals, and the music of violence

Cobbolds is incredibly simple to play, you just make a character, and roll a d100 when you vote for an option, I then tell you your results in a big post with everyone else's results! Why play Cobbolds?

Every Player gets their own drawing!

We have fan arts!

We have animations, and custom music that I make!

https://i.imgur.com/sUYltNJ.mp4

And Hyper-Leaf!

So please scroll back up and click the link, or click it here! Join us on this journey! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3930775#post506147417

Do you want to ask questions? Just @Boba Pearl (she/her)#3458 On DogKisser's CYOA discord, or the CYOA Official Discord!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl posted:

Game: Cobbold's A Horde type CYOA
System: Homebrew PbP system where you vote by doing, and every voter is a player!
Format: PbP Orokos Dependent
Players: 20+ (Right now hard cap is 39, but we're hopefully getting more soon.

Description:

It's another good chance to get into Cobbolds, we're doing a major siege, and things are happening after a month or so of basement management, we've done all the preparation now time to reap the reward. So jump on in, if you haven't played a Horde Type game, :justpost: we'll help you and get it going together.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Boba Pearl, we get it, you're doing Cobbolds. please stop

No shutup, we've got a new game now, and it's called

[God Game/CYOA]Ancient Gods and Shinobi Team - Ninja Magic Pirate Fortress

You play either an ops team managing squads of ninja on deadly missions to keep your place as the top ninja household in the realm, or you're gods of the realm, trying to interact with the world, and slowly using your powers to help (or hinder!) this group of deadly ninja.

Gods players have their own CYOA, and can change any part of the story, by using their boon.

Ops players have their own CYOA as well, but ontop of that, their getting together teams of ninja and sending them off on deadly missions. You'll learn more about these people if you interact with them or ask them questions, either wise their faceless numbers you send out to die for the good of the land.

If that sounds interesting to you, we're recruiting both OPs always, and Gods for right now! So please come join along with me.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Sorry last post, if you bounced off of the God Game I posted, I re-did the OP to be a lot more hook-y and less confusing, I'd love it if you gave it a second chance?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm writing a Choose Your Own Adventure story, and I need players (Like you!)

This story is called kitty quest, and it's a tale of a Powerful Ancient Sorcerer, cursed to take the form of a Cat. What kind of hijinks will she get into when a wild Fox chases her back into the town she swore she'd never return too? You'll have to read to find out! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3947716

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: The New Dawn - Tales From The New World
System: Dungeons & Dragons (4th Edition)
Setting: A custom setting that I've come up with. There's an evil empire making moves all over the world to become the world's largest super power, can you stop them?
Format: Discord/Roll20 unless you want to do it through something else, I'm flexible.

I'm available almost 24/7 so I will work around your schedule! Please come and join!

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Nov 19, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
With knife fight over and done with, I have room on my plate for a new game!

This one is a racing game, you all get a drawing of a space ship and try to be the first to get to a planet where one the world's most dangerous war criminals live, and Blow It The F* UP!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949630

Make your ships, and come play!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Crushing Capitalism In The Belly of The Beast
System: Pathfinder 2e
Format: Discord / Foundry
Players: 3-6

Description:

Boba Pearl posted:

It’s High Magic, with crystals for communication, and maybe like a social media thing, I dunno we’ll get the tech level nailed down in session 0. You are in a giant monster that the name of has been long forgotten. The people who live here just call it Titan. There are multiple cities inside of Titan, and a number of towns, forests, caves, and agricultural areas. A government run by multiple corporations (one for every player,) have to work together to use necromancy to keep this giant monster moving. That’s because in the outside world, there’s about a 7 hour window where the world is neither too hot, nor too cold for the species that live in Titan to exist in. The monster has to keep moving around the world, always staying in twilight to make sure that they never fall into either climate and wipe out all life in Titan. Life has been like this for hundreds, and maybe thousands of years, and it’s gotten to the point that there are very few who remember what the world was like before you all entered the Titan, and even fewer actually knew what caused this hell-scape. A world run by corporations has all the problems you’d think it does, but the specifics will be hammered out as a group.

Arteries are major trade lines, bones have large caverns inside that can be used to travel around. Capillaries and veins are like side streets, and entire chunks of muscle hard as rock and constantly leaking acid have been carved out to create space for towns, trees, crops, and live stock. There are monsters lurking on the roads of Titan, and trade is dangerous. The monster is dead and decaying, and whoever first animated this giant had also created an eco system to help keep it functioning. -There are those that feast on the things that make it rot (but also the people who live inside.) You’ll find many strange places in Titan, as you travel it, and nothing will be quite as it seems...

The main thrust of adventure is that you’re all a member of a singular newly created company. You all got a license (or will in the first few sessions) specifically to topple all of the other corporations (or force them to get in line,) and bring about a new government that allows the workers of Titan that keep it running to profit off their own labor, not the corporations that force them to toil in destitution. Right now you have the party, a small starting hub (maybe a bar, an office, an inn, that’s also a session 0 thing,) and you’re going to be starting small but quickly expanding.

Start time: As soon as we have enough people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Game: Deepforge Industries
System: Pathfinder 2e
Format: Foundry+Discord
Players: The foreman says he'd like 6. Let's see what's in the budget.
Time: Shifts are 3.5 hours with a half hour of overtime starting at 7PM PST GMT-08:00, and ending at 11PM PST GMT-08:00 on Fridays. Miners must bring their own gear.
Starting Level: You'll be starting at level 1, with just your starting kits, and whatever you can get for 15 gold pieces. Note that money may be a little tight, and there's rumors that many of the miners in the pit are paid a pittance, and would do a lot for a bit of gold...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4021929&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post529101526

The Job:

Alright Miners listen up,

We had a real lovely time over in Burgsdale, but there's something rumbling fierce below. We don't want to risk our, you know, worthwhile miners, so we're sending you greenscales down there instead. I'm sure it'll be fine, ain't no way no how anything big and nasty gonna crawl outta that pit. We just got approved for hazard pay, and if'n it all works out, you could get a promotion become Tier 2 miners. Hell, I might even get you a letter of commendation from the head CEO. Now I know there's tales of cultists, fleshwarps, juuh-row, and thems types in dat dere mine, but I tell you huwhat, management pays kindly for the bold that can bring in the gold. Peter's even found an astral diamond once. Ain't you did boy! Yeah he did, lost his tongue though to some kind of brain spider. but uh... Don't you worry about that, we won't send you too deep, and there's outposts all along the way to the bottom. Not to mention that kobold warren we tapped ended up being mighty helpful in building them rickety scaffolding and what not. Just don't drop your leads and you'll be fine.

Just remember the motto, Gold and Scales, Gem, and Stone.

*accch ptooey* ah poo poo, was that blood?

If you lot got any friends, tell'em come on down and sign up. Level 1s only, and uh... Bring your own kits.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=4021929&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post529101526