Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Game: We Stand Alone - Co-Operative Boardgame Playtest
System: Dice/Card Based Co-op Game
Format: PbP
Players: 2-4
Description: We Stand Alone is a co-operative 2-4 player dice and card-based game in which intrepid and possibly doomed heroes try and stave off waves of enemies from destroying their precious town. The game has a strong emphasis on challenging players to work out the best possible outcome from limited resources, and on providing multiple options to achieve the same or similar outcome. Despite being dice-based, luck is minimal and up-front - essentially player's options are somewhat randomised, but then they have total control over how they execute them. This has been playtested about 15 times so far and runs very smoothly, but I'm looking for some more opinions about balance etc. It's typically fairly challenging and a lot of fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Game: Something Is Wrong Here - a RPG inspired by the works of David Lynch
System: Something Is Wrong Here
Format: Zoom and Roll20, two sessions held on Wednesday 13 and Wednesday 20 September from 3am to about 6am EST (I know that's ridiculous, I'm in NZ so it's 7-10pm for us. Will suit other Oceania players or maybe nightshift people on their day off?)
Players: 4-6 - we have 3 players ready to go, so really hoping to find at least one more so that we can make this happen!
Description: I'm a GM with over 20 years experience and am keen to try out something new. According to Something Is Wrong Here's webpage, this is an RPG that is atmospheric, emotional, and personal. It delves into delicate and emotionally charged areas, and I will use safety tools and hold the space sensitively drawing on my professional work as a psychotherapist as well.
If you love the surreal, if you love darker and more character-driven stories, and particularly if you love the work of David Lynch then please join me in creating something very unique and different. If you're not sure or are on the fence, I highly recommend checking out the Glass Cannon Network's actual play of Something Is Wrong Here for a good sense of what to expect. You don't need to have much RPG experience, but a willingness to improvise and get into character will certainly be helpful

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

PMd you