Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Game: Five Tribes, No Options
System: Pathfinder
Format: PbP
Players: 2 replacements
Description: You're a native of an island recently inhabited by five invasive species (PCs and former PCs plus their tribes).

One player appears to have dropped and another might actually be dead or something, so need two replacement characters.

Original character generation thread is here and all the character creation guidance there still applies, except you will come in at level 4, but can only be a creature of up to CR3 if you so choose. You also don't get a gaggle of commoners to go with you, so someone is going to have to inherit the orcs and the unicorns because they are about to suffer a catastrophic loss of their leaders. You don't have to be an orc or a unicorn but something that could plausibly win their hearts with time and effort would be good.

For ease of aggregation the IRC might as well be #SpiderQueen on SynIRC instead of #FTNO on Freenode at this point as well.

Waador fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug
Game: The Stolen Land
System: D&D 5E
Players: 4 - 6
Format: Play-by-post
Description: The adventure will begin with the PCs, each bearing a charter from the Lord Mayor of Restov granting license to explore and map the section of the Stolen Lands known as the Greenbelt, arriving at a small, remote trading post at the southern edge of rural Rostland. Where you go from there is entirely up to you. And also, probably, the whims of fate.

edit: please also join #stolen on synIRC.

Waador fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 20, 2015

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

Game: Glory in the Black Game thread
System: Stars Without Number (it's free!)
Players: Currently 3, looking for a few more
A fairly recently started campaign, we're on page 4. Two players had to drop out due to time reasons. Looking for more to join an intrepid bunch to seek first revenge, then riches, then glory. I've got a somewhat dark writing style but am trying to mix in some levity too. Currently we have an old naval officer turned brain in a box in a military armature, a thief and a medic from a nomadic tribe. They're about to go to a high society party, which is a perfect time to introduce new characters.

The former DM of this has unfortunately had real life sneak up on him, so had to stop running this game. If you're interested in running a Stars Without Number game, we could use a new DM! Aside from a few player changes the details from his last post are largely unchanged, but are:
Game: Game Thread / OOC Thread
System: Stars Without Number (the core edition is free)
Players: Currently 4. If you've seen Burn Notice, RoboCop, Deadpool, and what I can only assume is a weird cross between Tony Hawk and Minority Report, you'll understand the theme of our party.

The game thread is currently 14 pages deep, but we've just finished the second arc, and have essentially stopped a global coup from taking place. It's as decent a transition point as any for someone new to take the reins. Stars Without Number is definitely a bit of a sandbox game so you'd probably need to read the thread to date to get an idea for what we've accomplished and its potential ramifications. Normally I'd just let the game die but we have fairly active players and a decent narrative going so far, so it'd be nice to keep it going if we can. Maybe join #stolen on SynIRC if you're potentially interested in running and want to talk to a few of the players. Otherwise I'll order the flowers for the funeral.

Waador fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Sep 13, 2016

Waador
Sep 11, 2001

Smashin' down the light.
Pillbug

Waador posted:

The former DM of this has unfortunately had real life sneak up on him, so had to stop running this game. If you're interested in running a Stars Without Number game, we could use a new DM! Aside from a few player changes the details from his last post are largely unchanged, but are:
Game: Game Thread / OOC Thread
System: Stars Without Number (the core edition is free)
Players: Currently 4. If you've seen Burn Notice, RoboCop, Deadpool, and what I can only assume is a weird cross between Tony Hawk and Minority Report, you'll understand the theme of our party.

The game thread is currently 14 pages deep, but we've just finished the second arc, and have essentially stopped a global coup from taking place. It's as decent a transition point as any for someone new to take the reins. Stars Without Number is definitely a bit of a sandbox game so you'd probably need to read the thread to date to get an idea for what we've accomplished and its potential ramifications. Normally I'd just let the game die but we have fairly active players and a decent narrative going so far, so it'd be nice to keep it going if we can. Maybe join #stolen on SynIRC if you're potentially interested in running and want to talk to a few of the players. Otherwise I'll order the flowers for the funeral.

TLDR: Need two new players (or one new player and one new DM).

After the game changed hands a few times I ended up running this, and the party is in need of two replacement PC's. The group is about to land on a planet where they will be assigned a government minder due to their complete inability to lie to anyone's face, so now is as good a time as any to drop in a few new bodies. The original game thread under the first DM is about fourteen pages long and contains some good backstory, though at this point it wouldn't be required reading for new players. The current game thread is where new people would be dropping in, and a fair amount of information on the planet you'd be starting off on is contained in the last half dozen posts or so.

Ideally looking for people who can also idle in IRC so that we can speed up decision-making (#stolen on SynIRC), as I'm trying to update about twice a week. That said, if by some miracle there actually is someone who wants to DM this I remain interested in playing in the setting so that would be workable too.