Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Godspeed, tiny boxing monkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

I am trucking along with things and should have an update posted by tomorrow night! Plus maybe something extra :ssh:

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
If you're going to kill everyone, try to get them in the courthouse for another fireworks display.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I did not have time to kill everyone, but I did get an update done! Sorry, this would have been posted last night but the upload was taking a long time and I had to go to bed.

Also sorry, 75% of my own audio track is self-indulgent laughter and comments.

Next up is either Lifeline or Breakdown! I haven't decided which. I'm going to get back on a weekly schedule, too.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I'm so glad we could put our trust in Omar Coronado.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Seeing Lifeline done properly should be interesting - whatever value of "properly" you feel like, anyway. Whatever it is it's got to be better than my run through of it; pretty sure I got the Bad End... and I certainly got a lot of survivors killed. It's a lot more difficult than the main game, and I haven't really had the heart to go back for a second attempt yet.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Aw jeez, the ending of the game was a bit anti-climactic. Shame really since it was so (unintentionally) hilarious.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Antistar01 posted:

Seeing Lifeline done properly should be interesting - whatever value of "properly" you feel like, anyway.

Gratuitous cheating at the beginning

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Someone explain to me why they can't just use a spool of wire or two, and a car battery at safe distance to set off the bomb? It's hardly rocket science people.

Though apparently Sgt was a zombie in training anyhow.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
The chilichonga dog didn't kill me, it only made me stronger.

Wait - no, I meant exercise. The exercise has made me stronger. I work out.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Trust Lost (Ally set on fire).

Omar made it, he's free~

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Nothing can stop Omar.

Not even treestumps.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

As promised, here begins Breakdown!

This first one is a stream recording of about 1 hour, because I felt like it. The rest will be heavily edited and done post-commentary as usual. I'm not going to get too into Breakdown- I'll show off some of the common situations (and see if I can break some of them), and how to get a couple of the Heroes. I won't have more than a couple of Breakdown videos though. (I do intend to do Lifeline through, tho)

Gearface
Feb 25, 2013
Man, every commentator in that video has a great and adorable name.

You guys should form a band.

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe
I have so much to apologise for.

Count Zio, amongst others.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I am just not having much fun trying to record and edit video for Breakdown! I think I'm gonna scrap that for now. I think we explained all the important stuff in the stream-video from a few weeks ago.

I'll still do lifeline, which has a clear progression and story, and that will take several updates. I will start recording that tomorrow!

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Yeah, I can imagine... but then I don't like Breakdown. I was really disappointed by it; it's basically the same as the main campaign only with less going on since the story missions aren't there. It seems like a decent foundation for a freeplay mode, but (in my opinion) it just needed a crapload more content.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Breakdown doesn't seem like the kind of thing that would work for an LP at all, since there's not much real progression happening.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

There is progression, but it's more of a time investment. Your main aim is to survive as long as you can, so lots of the early game is training up your survivors and stockpiling as much stuff if your cabinet as you can (your cabinet comes with you when you go to the next level, but not your base/outpost resources). It's boring and it doesn't pay off until you're several hours in. Like gee I'm not finding much food on this map, good thing I stockpiled a hundred twinkies.

You're usually trying to unlock heroes too, which gets very grindey

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Right, but it's too similar to the main game.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

A mode like that would be better with a map that was randomly generated for each level.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Wiseblood posted:

A mode like that would be better with a map that was randomly generated for each level.

If they could procedurally generate environments of at least State of Decay's fidelity, then they should just lead with that, because that would be an amazing achievement.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Argh it has been ALMOST A YEAR since I started this dang thing! Let's hurry up and make it through lifeline, ok?

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Ah, so that's how you do well in Lifeline; you meta-game the crap out of it.

Even in the main campaign I always forgot about the "calling in favours" screen, so... yeah. I don't think I used any of those drone or artillery things.

Yeah... I did it all wrong, it seems. I just jumped right into doing missions, expecting it to open up a bit down the track like the main campaign and give me time to build up the base. Nope... everything just kept getting worse. Lifeline really kicked my arse.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

God the mercs at 19:10 look like such doofuses.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

Watching this and your Ether One video back to back was pretty funny just from the contrast. Please post them together in future, too.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

And I though squat toilets were the worst kind of toilet one could encounter...

Edit: 'Setting up traps ftw?' That's it, I hate this game.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 3, 2015

Vnat
Jan 24, 2013
Maybe they meant 'for the walkers.'

Probably not, given the game's previous jokes, but still.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

We will make it to the end, I promise!

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh boy, I can't wait to try this new Alpha Lipid LifeLine colostrum! Thanks, youtube.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
So if you see how badly things went for skoolmunkee in this video even with knowing what to do... for me it was like that only without the foreknowledge, preparation and backed up saves. Just failure and death all the way through.

Lifeline is really hard.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ow. I can feel yer pain with this mission.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh my god. Oh my god.

What the HELL.

That is some serious dedication, skoolmunkee.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

If I fail any other missions TOO BAD

update tomorrow!

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Skippy Granola is a busy fella but I managed to corral him for commentary before he disappears into the wilds for two weeks. Stuff happens in this one!

countzio
Jan 30, 2014

Why mention Kenny Loggins when you have Randy Savage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoNcGoCe6Ns

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Well Skip, if yer travels ever take you to Glasgow, I can sure point you to the best chippies in town.

P.S. Best way to have a Scotch Egg? With a bottle of beer.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mostly named because it's round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

I was playing Tales of Vesperia a while back and Scotch Eggs came up as a food my party could cook after battle, because that is what one does after a battle, prepare foods with varying levels of intricacy.

Why aren't these a thing in America? I'd never heard of them before.

I mean, I cook some up every few months now and people I know are all "what have you done! What delicious sorcery is this!?!?" In between bites.

\/\/\/ You'd think so.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 15, 2015

• Locked thread