Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I was playing Tales of Vesperia a while back and Scotch Eggs came up as a food my party could cook after battle, because that is what one does after a battle, prepare foods with varying levels of intricacy.

Why aren't these a thing in America? I'd never heard of them before

I mean, I cook some up every few months now and people I know are all "what have you done! What delicious sorcery is this!?!?" In between bites.

They're pretty common in the UK. I'm actually kinda surprised they're not over in the US. I would have thought you guys would be all over that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Tell your friends we're coming for them

Someone's just gotta come up with a marketable name for em, and some flavours.

Crispy Chunkles
Egg Pocket
Breakfast Ball

I got two updates recorded with skippy and I will post them this week! Sorry for the delay. I had to go out and get drunk more than usual.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I'd go with egg 2.0.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
In Belgium, we call them birds' nests.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

I thought a bird's nest was a type of cookie!

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

We definitely have have scotch eggs in Merica, just depends where you are. I have it for a quick lunch whenever I'm in Manhattan.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Hi I forgot I uploaded this. I also can't think of a title right now so here you go, untitled lifeline update #5!!!!!!

!!!

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Sep 24, 2015

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Blerp

Edit:

No one has explained what a dakumaro (?) is???

(Next update in a couple days. Not weeks. DAYS)

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

A dakimakura is in fact a body pillow.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

sigh

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I think I can see why Lifeline would be considered pretty hard if its just now the game tells you about the support stations.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I admit I had to go and look up what a "dakimakura" was. That was depressing.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

This one is pretty funny, I'd forgotten. :3:

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
People like Sasquatch? I thought they did a good job of making him an unlikeable arsehole.

You have so many people in your base! (Even if they are all writhing around on their beds in agony.) When I played Lifeline, anyone I managed to scrape together between sieges was pretty routinely eaten by zombies in the next siege.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Someone on YouTube pointed out that I lost my trucks in the second firebombing (the mistaken one)... I haven't gone back to look, but yeah probably that is what happened.

It is kinda weird that they moved two cars from elsewhere at my base to those parking spots tho.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Oct 4, 2015

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Wow, please tell me that you leave Sgt. Bumble-gently caress to the hordes at the end. He's incredibly unlikeable.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I have to agree with the radio tower, SASSquatch is our new official team mascot.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Glazius posted:

I have to agree with the radio tower, SASSquatch is our new official team mascot.

I guess he is pretty hardline "no softies"...

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

:rip:

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
I knew that squatch was trouble!

Hotwire
Mar 11, 2006

hehehe

Appropriate on multiple levels.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

So how many people have you seen being torn apart right in front of your eyes now?

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

Only some!

To be honest if they were capable of being burned to death or exploded or dead from falling off high places, I'd have seen a lot more.

No wait, we did see one exploded guy.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
This LP is goddamned hilarious, this game was definitely one of my favourites. Everything about it is just janky enough and unpolished enough to be awesome and a lot of the gameplay mechanics are fairly unique, and I love zombies and I love open world.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

So janky :love:

Nearly done! Only maybe one more story update! I might do another bonus video too with some more reference sightings or deliberate attempts at game sabotage.

skoolmunkee fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 21, 2015

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

skoolmunkee posted:

So janky :love:

Nearly done! Only maybe one more story update! I might do another bonus video too with some more reference sightings or deliberate attempts at game sabotage.
Well that escalated quickly.

Logically, but quickly.

Also, how the gently caress is Vienna Sausage supposed to do what she's claiming she can do?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Skippy, if you are upset about the designers of the show having put boobs on a ninja turtle... well, that's only the top of some of the stuff designers have put boobs on. Unfortunately. Very, very unfortunately.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
THEY ARE REPTILES AND DO NOT NURSE THEIR YOUNG THERE IS NO REASON FOR A NINJA TURTLE TO HAVE TITS.

Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but

Skippy Granola posted:

THEY ARE REPTILES AND DO NOT NURSE THEIR YOUNG THERE IS NO REASON FOR A NINJA TURTLE TO HAVE TITS.

It gets worse: She has hair.

Her name was Mona Lisa and I think she was technically some kind of salamander, which excuses neither the hair nor the tits.
She was, however, a mutated human who turned into a salamander, rather than a salamander who turned into an anthropomorphic salamander.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Actually, is there any non-mammalian creatures that have milk equivalents? I seem to recall hearing that some cockroaches have a milk analogue.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Twiggymouse posted:

It gets worse: She has hair.

Her name was Mona Lisa and I think she was technically some kind of salamander, which excuses neither the hair nor the tits.
She was, however, a mutated human who turned into a salamander, rather than a salamander who turned into an anthropomorphic salamander.

I'm pretty sure that the turtle that skoo was thinking of was Venus de Milo who was a much more prominent character and even appeared on Power Rangers.

Twiggymouse
Mar 4, 2013

Well, take this with a grain of salt, but

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

I'm pretty sure that the turtle that skoo was thinking of was Venus de Milo who was a much more prominent character and even appeared on Power Rangers.

Ah. I appreciate the correction. My knowledge of the Ninja Turtles basically ends with the 80's tv show and the first three live action movies.

Not to derail, but is it weird that the male turtles are named after artists while the female turtles are named after works of art?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Twiggymouse posted:

Ah. I appreciate the correction. My knowledge of the Ninja Turtles basically ends with the 80's tv show and the first three live action movies.

Not to derail, but is it weird that the male turtles are named after artists while the female turtles are named after works of art?

One could write a psycho-sexual essay about how it is a reflection of general feminine objectivity in media...

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
On the one hand it's a bit sexist, but on the other hand Sofonisba doesn't quite have the same recognition as Leonardo.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
Yep, but Artemisia would be a kick-rear end name for a turtle. You could even give her a bow as a weapon to stay in theme.

skoolmunkee
Jun 27, 2004

:siren: This is it folks! The last update. :siren: Thanks for watching and for all the lovely contributions. :3: Have a nice time playing Fallout 4!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

The most patriotic marker barrage at 16:35

And yay! You pissed of Sasquatch at the very end! The best ending.

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Thank you for another excellent LP, Skoolmunkee! And it is only now that I realize how easy it would have been to make Wiener Cheez in my kitchen.

Y'all lucked out. This time.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Vienna Cho was really glitchy for me the last time I played Lifeline. She stopped moving shortly before the nuke and had to push her the rest of the way to trigger the disarming event. Then she stopped moving outside the gate at the base and I had to push her to the waypoint to end the mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
When I played Lifeline I missed saving someone important (Vienna Cho?), so I was locked into the nuke ending. Do you seriously not get a cutscene or anything with the "good" ending? I'm pretty sure I remember at least a still picture of the nuke going off. So not as good as Skippy's drawing and skoolmunkee's(?) camera-work.

Anyway, thanks for a great LP! You really made the extra effort, especially for a game (Lifeline) that maybe didn't quite deserve it.

And I am actually off to play Fallout 4. How did you know? :v:

• Locked thread