Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It's expanded more in Lifeline, but when it comes to bites in State of Decay bites are survivalble with antibotics - the idea of ampuatation doesn't come up. Aside from that change, it's Romeo/Kirkman rules, aside from the special infected.

Shame you didn't show off the rescue Jacob mission - it's a nice character bit. There's a lot of replayabilty, even in story - there are a few variable dialogue exchanges, depending on who you're playing as, and what happens.

Are you going to do the DLCs? Breakdown is just a challenge mode, but Lifeline is pretty story based, with a lot of variables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

skoolmunkee posted:

I haven't done the Jacob mission because we're not there yet. :] The storyline will give it to us soon.

I probably will show Breakdown in some capacity, maybe bonus videos or a stream? Not for a while yet though, since it's essentially "utilize everything you learned in story mode." Lifeline I haven't actually played yet! I have a feeling it'll spoil the main story though, so I figured it won't come til the end.

Oh, I forgot that Jacob is shown as a member of the church survivors right away - I misremembered, sorry.

Breakdown would probably work best with a video to show off the heroes and how the gameplay changes - maybe a endruance run stream or something?

Lifeline is pretty great - the gameplay is a huge shift compared to the main game, but still uses the same mechanics. It's pretty expansive, with multiple endings, and it gives the world of State of Decay more depth, but the main game's story runs parallel to it, so it does spoil a lot of stuff. It's a really fun DLC when you get used to the changes though.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

Guns have pretty limited uses unless you're clearing infestations or freaks, or have a good supply of silencers. They don't really become a vital part of gameplay until the Lifeline expansion. In the base game, they're best saved until you need them.

• Locked thread