Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ufarn
May 30, 2009

xgalaxy posted:

Can I get the Vita earplugs and pipe only voice chat through them leaving the game audio up to my receiver/speakers?
Can the same be done with the Gold headset?

Thanks.
Yes.

New FAQs posted:

Can I route voice chat to my headset and game audio to my receiver/speakers?
Yes. You can do this in the settings for your headset.

I'm having trouble with the audio for my Blu-ray audio, even though I've configured my speakers in the settings?
Discs tend to have their own audio settings for some reason. Hit Start/Options, go to the sound settings, and choose the appropriate configuration. The changes should be remembered from now on.

How do I stop a video recording?
Go to the Share menu and save your recording.

I want to have the free PS+ available in my library, but I don't want to download them right away. Is that possible?
Yes. As long as you "purchase" the games, they are added to your library. You don't have to download them.

Maybe we could also recommend people to change the default Share button config, since I imagine most people will find that preferable.

Not sure what happens when you hit record, when you're already recording. Anyone who knows?

ufarn fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

ufarn posted:

Yes.

Maybe we could also recommend people to change the default Share button config, since I imagine most people will find that preferable.

Not sure what happens when you hit record, when you're already recording. Anyone who knows?

From my experience with Battlefield 4, it begins a new recording, and dumps everything that had been previously recording.

[edit] dumps, as in, deletes.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

:canada: Just went to my local target as there were posts in the previous thread about super cheap games. Nothing was out of the ordinary price wise so either I missed it or it's location specific!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
Survivor difficulty on Last of Us is really changing the way I play the game. On the PS3, I blasted everyone away and had a lot of fun. This time around, I find myself avoiding a lot of fights. Both ways of playing seem like they were well thought out by the developers. I think I'll go for the Platinum trophy, but the even newer harder difficulty looks like it's for crazy people.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ghostwritingduck posted:

Survivor difficulty on Last of Us is really changing the way I play the game. On the PS3, I blasted everyone away and had a lot of fun. This time around, I find myself avoiding a lot of fights. Both ways of playing seem like they were well thought out by the developers. I think I'll go for the Platinum trophy, but the even newer harder difficulty looks like it's for crazy people.
I thought you couldn't avoid fights, in general. There always seems to be a barrier preventing you from going on until you've killed everyone, same as in Uncharted.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ufarn posted:

Another question: what makes the third-party DS4 dock preferable to Sony's own?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get it in the US

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Dice mentioned a while ago that they're unsure of what made Bad Company tick. A lot of people preferred Bad Company 2 over Battlefield 3 (don't know what the consensus on BF4 is as I'm new to it), and personally I did too. It's completely different with a very different personality and feel. They want to work on Bad Company 3 but they also want to do it right. I think after Hardline, Bad Company 3 may be the next one.

If they make Bad Company 3 I hope they keep its identity. It felt more of an arcade game than the mainline Battlefield games, and I think that kind of gameplay translated far better to mass-player vehicle combat.

Which is kind of funny because Bad Company 2 sucked. Bad Company 1 was the only good one.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I thought you couldn't avoid fights, in general. There always seems to be a barrier preventing you from going on until you've killed everyone, same as in Uncharted.

Some are unavoidable, but you can sneak past a lot. My first play through I think I only killed 2 bloaters and I ran like a baby and got out the door before having to kill anything during the hotel basement generator stuff. I was kind of disappointed that Joel's "so much for that" comment after he gets through the door was the same even if you fight your way out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Yeah you can run past the hotel bloater even on grounded.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

muscles like this? posted:

Which is kind of funny because Bad Company 2 sucked. Bad Company 1 was the only good one.

I thought the complete opposite. BC1 was one of my least favorite shooters last gen and BC2 one of my favorites. The shooting felt so good. It actually took me forever to actually give BC2 a try after hating the first.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Some are unavoidable, but you can sneak past a lot. My first play through I think I only killed 2 bloaters and I ran like a baby and got out the door before having to kill anything during the hotel basement generator stuff.
Only fights against zombies, or against people too? Every time I tried to sneak past people, I get to the end and find it blocked, so I eventually stopped trying for that.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Only fights against zombies, or against people too? Every time I tried to sneak past people, I get to the end and find it blocked, so I eventually stopped trying for that.

I liked fighting people more so I didn't sneak as much, but I'm pretty sure I was able to sneak passed all the dudes in the pittsburgh book store because holy hell that was a lot of people. Also when those dudes come over the wall in Pittsburgh you can just hide and they will just walk through and leave the area.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
A group of us have been having a lot of fun with The Last of Us' multiplayer in groups. If we get more than four people, we switch over to a private match and play with fun restrictions like bows only, melee only, etc. I usually have a party open on my PS4 (and post in TLoU thread) when I'm playing MP, so anyone feel free to hop in the party if you want to crouch walk around and shoot dudes. PSN name is NO_GRANDMA_NO.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Christoff posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get it in the US
Ah, okay. It's available in a couple of European countries here, but only with a UK (US?) power plug, apparently. That's the main reason I've held off on one, because I can't be bothered to use a big, ugly adapter in my room.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I can't believe the amount of ram in the Playstation 4.

Seriously now...

I am playing through Killzone: Shadow Fall. Liking it so far, graphics is gorgeous however I'm sure when this generation will finish we will look at it and shake our heads thinking "oh, this is a PS3 game with 16 times the amount of buildings in the background" (and we will nitpick any little smoke, lighting or particle effect that's a bit off or low res textures that still pop ups from time to time).

I don't like how much the dashboard is becoming unresponsive if I have a big download in the background, I think Sony tied too much of it to the network services instead of caching data on the console. Why does it become unresponsive if I check profiles or messages? Why the PS4 has to synchronize every time before you can check your trophies? PSVita is way better at handling new friends requests, or messages.

Tested the Blu Ray 3D at last with Monsters Inc, and it's perfect.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I've played through Last of Us like 4 times now but never below hard difficulty. I kind of wanna try it on easy/normal just to see if you get a crazy amount of materials/ammo.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

limaCAT posted:

Seriously now...

I am playing through Killzone: Shadow Fall. Liking it so far, graphics is gorgeous however I'm sure when this generation will finish we will look at it and shake our heads thinking "oh, this is a PS3 game with 16 times the amount of buildings in the background" (and we will nitpick any little smoke, lighting or particle effect that's a bit off or low res textures that still pop ups from time to time).

It's 16x the RAM we had last-gen, a big step up, but all the increased graphical fidelity we're going to come to expect will probably eat that up very quickly.

Killzone will look like poo poo compared to the titles that will come out in a couple of years. Launch games never show off the console at it's best.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I finally got my PS4 a couple of days ago. I played about an hour of Last of Us, but 90% of my time on it so far has been playing Rogue Legacy and Towerfall Ascension. My wife is confused as to why I spent four hundred bucks on a new console to play games that looks like they're twenty years old.

There's not much in the way of new games I actually want out yet, but I mostly bought it for that Shadows of Mordor. Will probably get Destiny and DragonAge as well, which is plenty of game for this year for me.

Edit: Also a bit annoyed that Sacred 3 is PS3 only. Although it's been released with so little fanfare I'm assuming it sucks. Haven't even seen it in stores, just on PSN. Kind of a poor man's Diablo, but I really liked 2.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 3, 2014

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

cronox2 posted:

I've played through Last of Us like 4 times now but never below hard difficulty. I kind of wanna try it on easy/normal just to see if you get a crazy amount of materials/ammo.

I played it on PS3 on easy, I think. I never wanted for materials. Playing on normal for PS4.

What does "Grounded" difficulty do?

MZ posted:

It's 16x the RAM we had last-gen, a big step up, but all the increased graphical fidelity we're going to come to expect will probably eat that up very quickly.

Killzone will look like poo poo compared to the titles that will come out in a couple of years. Launch games never show off the console at it's best.

On the flip side I don't think it'll take years and years for them to tap out the new consoles' power like the last generation since this generation's are basically PCs that don't require near-wizadry to get stuff like The Last of Us running.

e: \/\/\/ Huh. Thanks. \/\/\/

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 3, 2014

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
It's survivor mode that takes away the HUD and QTE prompts.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

cronox2 posted:

I tried a bit of easy after playing through on hard, survivor, and grouned, and it was basically a completely different game. You have enough ammo to go in guns blazing, or you can just run past them.

Running past them is a pretty good technique that I picked up during my grounded run.

davecrazy posted:

It's survivor mode that takes away the HUD and QTE prompts.

In the PS3 version, survior had no QTE prompts or listen mode but the HUD was still there. Grounded took away the HUD.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Samurai Sanders posted:

I only choked out one guy to escape the Capitol building, and sneaked around everyone else. It'll be curious to see how it continues.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

muscles like this? posted:

I liked them both. They're the best two Battlefield games for me, which is almost blasphemous as I've been playing all the Battlefields since 1942 came out way back in 2002. With the exception of Battlefield Modern Combat. I don't know what the gently caress that one was all about.

The demo for Bad Company had Gold Rush mode which is what kickstarted the Rush game mode. I must've spent dozens of hours on it. Good stuff. They better not gently caress up BC3.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

limaCAT posted:

It has less RAM than the Xbox One! :v:

MZ posted:

It's also unified and a good deal faster, remember.

Soul Glo posted:

On the flip side I don't think it'll take years and years for them to tap out the new consoles' power like the last generation since this generation's are basically PCs that don't require near-wizadry to get stuff like The Last of Us running.

That being said, near-wizardry would still be nice, thanks very much.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Rogue Legacy: buy now, or wait till the inevitable PSN+ sale?

Never played it on Steam, and it looks like a ton of fun. Seems like it would be great for controller-passing on the couch with my girlfriend.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I would say buy now. It's a really fun game. It has that ALRIGHT one more time addiction to it. You will die.

Alot. But that is the fun of the game. You just keep getting better and better.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

I thought the complete opposite. BC1 was one of my least favorite shooters last gen and BC2 one of my favorites. The shooting felt so good. It actually took me forever to actually give BC2 a try after hating the first.

I didn't like BC2 because the levels became super boring and the characters lost all of the fun parts from 1.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

BreakAtmo posted:

It has less RAM than the Xbox One! :v:

Not if you include the RAM used for sleep mode!
:goonsay:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

That loving Sned posted:

Not if you include the RAM used for sleep mode!
:goonsay:

drat, out-:goonsay:'d.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am for sure very happy with the PlayStation 4. There are software features missing that it still badly needs but otherwise i'm glad I chose it over the Xbox One after seeing how awful the performance is on cross platform games on the Xbox One.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

a shameful boehner posted:

Rogue Legacy: buy now, or wait till the inevitable PSN+ sale?

Never played it on Steam, and it looks like a ton of fun. Seems like it would be great for controller-passing on the couch with my girlfriend.
Already -20% off for PS+.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

ufarn posted:

Already -20% off for PS+.

That was only pre-release, it's full price now.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Is the PS4 version any different than the PC?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Just traded in $465 worth of stuff at Gamestop aka the Devil Store, to put towards the Destiny White PS4 bundle. It will be our 3rd PS4, and we are officially done with Xbox now (I'm still thinking about getting a $200 refurbished Wii U). My daughter, who is getting the White PS4, is super hyped.

Also I'm not sure what the deal is, but I got a $90 bonus credit because the trade ins where used for Destiny.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Where do you sign in to Twitch on your PS4?

I know this will probably sound dumb five minutes from now, but I can stream just fine, but I have no idea whether I'm signed into my own Twitch user, and I can't see my Twitch.tv username anywhere on the screen.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

I am for sure very happy with the PlayStation 4. There are software features missing that it still badly needs but otherwise i'm glad I chose it over the Xbox One after seeing how awful the performance is on cross platform games on the Xbox One.

Same here. Almost every game runs at 1080p, and very few drop below 30 fps. It's much better than the last few years of sub-720p games that struggle to even hit 30 fps.

I'm looking forward to there being fewer cross-gen games, since we need more games like Arkham Knight and inFamous which aren't held back by the older consoles. I also can't wait for The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, and using the recording feature for capturing deaths in Spelunky.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Pretty excited that we're finally hitting the start of the Fall avalanche. My bank account is glowing molten hot from preorders, but we get to finish out this month with TLoU and Diablo UEE. Then Destiny and Shadows of Mordor next month. Drive Club, Evolve, Alien Isolation and AC:Unity in October. Dragon Age, Far Cry 4 and COD in November.

And then we're just about in 2015, with Batman, Bloodborne, Witcher 3, etc. just waiting in the wings.

It's finally happened, the next gen is here.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Probably a dumb question, but has there been any rumbling of porting Final Fantasy Tactics to PS4? It exists on just about every other platform. Really itching to play that again, but PS4 is my only console now.

Actually I may just be in the mood for a tactical RPG of any sort. I know PS4 is pretty fresh but I'm hoping we get some of those soon.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

BreakAtmo posted:

That being said, near-wizardry would still be nice, thanks very much.

There will always be wizardry because it always makes things better. If your game can already do 1080p60 then wizardry can make it do 1080p60 with better AA and more effects or more characters onscreen or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

nate fisher posted:

Also I'm not sure what the deal is, but I got a $90 bonus credit because the trade ins where used for Destiny.

GameStop has some ok deals sometimes. Right now I think they're doing 40% extra trade in towards poo poo like Diablo 3 and destiny and an extra $15 if you trade in any 2 ps4 or xbone games

• Locked thread