Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]

Martytoof posted:

Probably a dumb question, but has there been any rumbling of porting Final Fantasy Tactics to PS4? It exists on just about every other platform. Really itching to play that again, but PS4 is my only console now.

Actually I may just be in the mood for a tactical RPG of any sort. I know PS4 is pretty fresh but I'm hoping we get some of those soon.

I haven't heard anything, but I would preorder a War of the Lions HD port for PS4 in a heartbeat.

It's really unfortunate that there aren't more games like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So I walked downstairs and my PS4 was sitting there with the disc ejected and now it wont accept any more discs. It did this to me before like a month ago, and I don't remember how I fixed it (I think I just turned it off for awhile)

what the hell is this a thing? Do I call Sony for a replacement? I've only had the thing like 3 months.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Cardboard Fox posted:

I haven't heard anything, but I would preorder a War of the Lions HD port for PS4 in a heartbeat.

It's really unfortunate that there aren't more games like it.

I remember Jeanne D'Arc being really good, despite the fact that I never finished it. C'mon Sony, do the needful.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony'll just finish PSOne compatibility and call it a day.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Christoff, are you ever going to update the FAQ with all the stuff people pointed out was wrong, or should we make a new thread? :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Sony'll just finish PSOne compatibility and call it a day.

And it'll only ever be on PS3 and Vita. :/

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FishBulb posted:

So I walked downstairs and my PS4 was sitting there with the disc ejected and now it wont accept any more discs. It did this to me before like a month ago, and I don't remember how I fixed it (I think I just turned it off for awhile)

what the hell is this a thing? Do I call Sony for a replacement? I've only had the thing like 3 months.

I had this too. Fixed it by booting into safe mode (from off not standby: hold down the power button until it boots, 7 or so seconds) then select "restore database". That took some time but it fixed it for me.

This will not format your hard drive. Everything should stay intact.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Lumpy posted:

You can now copy shared videos to a USB drive, so you can copy them to PC and upload to YouTube, just with an annoying extra step. Might want to update that in the FAQ.

YouTube sharing is also a planned feature this year so might as well update the couple of parts in the FAQ about that as well.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TLOU is the most frustrating game to play when you live in a little shoebox apartment with another person and never get time to play. I basically got to move a plank and a dumpster and walk a bit before I turned it off for the day, which was my first time playing this week, and now won't get to play again until next Thursday. And my wife's Instagram auto-played a video at full volume during the scene where (early spoilers) Tess reveals she's bit, which kinda ruins the mood.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

leidend posted:

TLOU is the most frustrating game to play when you live in a little shoebox apartment with another person and never get time to play. I basically got to move a plank and a dumpster and walk a bit before I turned it off for the day, which was my first time playing this week, and now won't get to play again until next Thursday. And my wife's Instagram auto-played a video at full volume during the scene where (early spoilers) Tess reveals she's bit, which kinda ruins the mood.

never get married, women will always cost but gaming is the first to go. :suicide:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

leidend posted:

What the hell do you do for a living that gives you THAT little time to play a game, only for your wife's instagram to ruin it for you?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is the PS4 version any different than the PC?

gameplay wise, not that I know. but it is cross buy with a very well done cross save feature that basically autosaves each room. So you can play at home, take your vita to work and keep playing the same family tree and return to play it on ps4

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TaurusOxford posted:

What the hell do you do for a living that gives you THAT little time to play a game, only for your wife's instagram to ruin it for you?

I work 12.5 hour shifts and spent my entire weekend in this bullshit resort instead of playing the greatest video game of all time

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

leidend posted:

There's a lot that isn't mentioned but this is practically screaming for getting a Vita and using Remote Play.

EDIT And the Vita would still have worked in that fabulous resort. :v:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

univbee posted:

EDIT And the Vita would still have worked in that fabulous resort. :v:

Worked technically, maybe. Worked from a "keep wife happy" perspective? ha!

And remote play is a no-go at work, where I am now. Otherwise I'd have about 10 PS4 platinum trophies already.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Photex posted:

never get married, women will always cost but gaming is the first to go. :suicide:

My wife doesn't care, it's having a kid that ruined things for me.

Can't play anything violent until little guy goes to bed.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So I bought TLOU Remastered the other day. And it's been pretty wonderful at 60fps. 30fps feels like 15fps and it actually TAKES AWAY shadows instead of improving them. Oh, and photomode is awesome:

I also bought Bound by Flame. Oh my god the story, the voice acting, the conversation animations. They are all absolutely awful. You know when a game has bad lip sync when the lips move but the teeth are jammed shut.

But man the combat is so satisfying. It completely makes up for it. I've been doing nothing but Warrior Stance with flame weapon buff and going through it like that. Haven't died yet.

But by God that dialogue.

Me: "The captain wants to see you."
Him: "Oh poo poo!"

Edit:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Joining the dogpile recommending Rogue Legacy. I bought it 2 days ago and have like 20 hours put into it. It is dangerously good. Also, spellblades are overpowered.

Oh yeah, buy Rogue Legacy guys. But don't go past NG+ unless you want to start hitting a real brick wall of a challenge.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Joining the dogpile recommending Rogue Legacy. I bought it 2 days ago and have like 20 hours put into it. It is dangerously good. Also, spellblades are overpowered.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Spellblades are legit good at fighting bosses, I have found.

Except Ponce De Leon. Bastard doesn't spawn anything I can kill to recharge except himself. How the hell do you do him?

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.

Speedball posted:

Spellblades are legit good at fighting bosses, I have found.

Except Ponce De Leon. Bastard doesn't spawn anything I can kill to recharge except himself. How the hell do you do him?

Paladin, multi-jump, and throwing spells backwards helps.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mucilaginous posted:

Paladin, multi-jump, and throwing spells backwards helps.

I just read somewhere that Barbarian's Shout spell also extinguishes all the fireballs that Ponce de Leon spreads. Need to try that out too.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

leidend posted:

Worked technically, maybe. Worked from a "keep wife happy" perspective? ha!

And remote play is a no-go at work, where I am now. Otherwise I'd have about 10 PS4 platinum trophies already.

I think you already mentioned not liking the Gold headset but I find gaming headphones perfect for this problem, especially with TLoU. After my partner ruined a similarly important early game scene with iPad shenanigans, I threw on the virtual surround sound headphones and got lost in the game.

Just remember to actually acknowledge your wife's existence from time to time.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm legendarily bad at this game. I'm level 40 and not beaten a single boss or mini-boss. At least I can get 1000 or more gold per life now, finally. Was sick of 400 gold runs when my minimum upgrade was 450.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm legendarily bad at this game. I'm level 40 and not beaten a single boss or mini-boss. At least I can get 1000 or more gold per life now, finally. Was sick of 400 gold runs when my minimum upgrade was 450.
I'm level 40 and just barely beat the first one, so don't feel too bad.

edit: I keep expecting enemy levels to more or less correspond to the level you need to be to beat them, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all, unless I am missing something big.

edit: dwarfism rules for that first boss. Maybe the others too, but I haven't tried them yet.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Aug 4, 2014

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I am in the same boat as you but I'm slowly getting better. You can eventually unlock the ability to make Charon take only MOST of your gold instead of all of it, and there's both equipment and runes that increase gold intake, plus an upgrade in the upgrade tree, so there's that.

Rossy
Oct 25, 2004
Has anyone else suffered from motion sickness whilst playing TLOU?

It's the first time I've ever experienced this whilst playing a game.. Weird..

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rossy posted:

Are you playing on 60fps? 30fps? whichever one you're using maybe try switching it. Otherwise.... :shrug:

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Rossy posted:

I haven't but motion sickness while playing shooters is a common complaint/phenomenon I've heard over the years. It might just be the game does some weird effect that isn't jiving well with your head, which sucks but there's not a lot you can do about that other than change the FPS as someone mentioned.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

bloodychill posted:

I think you already mentioned not liking the Gold headset but I find gaming headphones perfect for this problem, especially with TLoU. After my partner ruined a similarly important early game scene with iPad shenanigans, I threw on the virtual surround sound headphones and got lost in the game.

Just remember to actually acknowledge your wife's existence from time to time.

Maybe when it gets cooler but right now I'm sweating in my place even with our weak-rear end AC. 75+% humidity makes the gold headset unbearable. I thought about turning on subtitles but it just seems so wrong in that game.

Got some more TLOU in tonight at the expense of sleep, but it's a holiday on Monday so gently caress it. Love the bow and arrow, is it possible to mainly use that or am I going to constantly run out of ammo?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

leidend posted:

Maybe when it gets cooler but right now I'm sweating in my place even with our weak-rear end AC. 75+% humidity makes the gold headset unbearable. I thought about turning on subtitles but it just seems so wrong in that game.

Got some more TLOU in tonight at the expense of sleep, but it's a holiday on Monday so gently caress it. Love the bow and arrow, is it possible to mainly use that or am I going to constantly run out of ammo?

Arrow 5-finger-discount when they're stuck in walls if you really wanna be Big Boss of stealth.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
I'll be so happy when I have Madden 15 and Destiny :3:

TLOU was phenomenal too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's really funny watching Youtube videos for the free PS4 PS+ games and reading the comments. If Sony hosed up PS+ in one way it was setting the bar so high on PS3, because it seems like every idiot feels like he's being robbed because the free games for the month weren't Watch Dogs and The Last of Us or something similar. Like, 2 15 dollar games a month is not enough to justify and $50 yearly sub that you also need to play online.

Also, Youtube commenters REALLY hate 2D games.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I'm impressed with the length of TLOU, I've been playing for about 9 hours and only about 50% of the way through, pretty good for game that isn't open-world.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I don't know what it is, but lately my PS4 has had problems with going into standby properly. It just stays pulsing white, and I can't turn it on or off without pulling the plug.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

NESguerilla posted:

It's really funny watching Youtube videos for the free PS4 PS+ games and reading the comments. If Sony hosed up PS+ in one way it was setting the bar so high on PS3, because it seems like every idiot feels like he's being robbed because the free games for the month weren't Watch Dogs and The Last of Us or something similar. Like, 2 15 dollar games a month is not enough to justify and $50 yearly sub that you also need to play online.

Also, Youtube commenters REALLY hate 2D games.

Unfortunately gamers are literally the worst/most entitled people ever. Ps+ wasn't a thing on the ps3 for like the first 4 years of its life right? Then the first year of ps+ was indies like we're getting now. It was slow to get up to stuff like watch dogs or bioshock infinite. We're ahead of the curve relative to ps3.

If people are bitching this bad about our ps+ selections these days, how bad must it be on the xbox side?

Sprawl
Nov 21, 2005

I'm a huge retarded sperglord who can't spell, but Starfleet Dental would still take me and I love them for it!

Martytoof posted:

Probably a dumb question, but has there been any rumbling of porting Final Fantasy Tactics to PS4? It exists on just about every other platform. Really itching to play that again, but PS4 is my only console now.

Actually I may just be in the mood for a tactical RPG of any sort. I know PS4 is pretty fresh but I'm hoping we get some of those soon.

Are you talking about the ps1 game if so yeah its probbaly on psnow because it was ported to the ps3 as a download game.

http://us.playstation.com/games/final-fantasy-tactics-psp-ps3.html

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ineffiable posted:

Unfortunately gamers are literally the worst/most entitled people ever. Ps+ wasn't a thing on the ps3 for like the first 4 years of its life right? Then the first year of ps+ was indies like we're getting now. It was slow to get up to stuff like watch dogs or bioshock infinite. We're ahead of the curve relative to ps3.

If people are bitching this bad about our ps+ selections these days, how bad must it be on the xbox side?

Give them an inch and they will take a mile I guess. Resogun and Outlast would have cost more than my $30 black friday sub but I guess it's the worst deal ever cause we keep getting these indies instead of two $60 game that just came out every month. "where are my 3d games PS4?!?!?"

Personally I think the offerings on PS4+ have been pretty drat good deal so far even if a few of them were sort of lame. more people complain about PS+ than anyone ever complained about XBL which cost more and offered nothing until they felt threatened by PS+ and decided to give out the bare minimum.

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Rogue Legacy just rubs in how Mercenary Kings ruined itself by having NES era insta-respawns for enemies.

Also, I'm psyched that where Castlevania has failed us, there seem to be plenty of games on the horizon/from 2014 that have similar feels: Rogue Legacy, Dark Souls II, Bloodborne, Hellraid, etc. I think I've actually seen a room straight out of Symphony of the Night in Rogue Legacy (a garden room with the moon in the background and a fountain on the bottom with undead horses running back and forth - Symphony had a similar one in the middle of the castle but the horses were skeletal.)

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

ufarn posted:

Maybe we could also recommend people to change the default Share button config, since I imagine most people will find that preferable.

What is this referring to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
You can switch the functionality of the share button so it changes from press to bring up menu, hold to take screenshot to hold for menu, press for screenshot. It's definitely useful if you take a lot of screenshots.

• Locked thread