Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Is there a reason why PSN won't let me purchase the Bloodborne DLC? I tried to purchase it once, but needed to change my card information since the one I'd used before had expired. When I finished updating that, I went back to the store and the option to purchase the DLC was no longer there. I have "Add to Cart" options for everything else, and nothing showing in my cart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I downloaded the sequel to Grow Home, but it crashes at the epilepsy warning screen every time I run it. A bit of googling suggests this is a common problem, and you have to turn of the PS4's internet connection for the game to work. UbiSoft seems to be claiming that this is happening to multiple games from multiple publishers. Is that true, or are they blowing smoke?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

NESguerilla posted:

So, for example, I'm stuck on one where half of the puzzle is blocked by a metal bar/lock type thing and I can't think of any way it would be solvable. There is actually a way to solve that without getting rid of the metal bar then?

Is the puzzle hooked up to a cable that is currently black?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Picked up The Witness on sale, the game looks nice and the puzzles are overall neat, but a) the game is waaaay up its own rear end, b) a couple of the areas are too vague about how they work, and c) it's an enormous dick move to to both not allow you to complete the collectables on your first playthrough and wipe all your progress on collectibles when you start again. Got everything but the plat, but I'm not interested in taking that last step.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Edit: for some reason this didn't post the first time.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The only interesting part of Destiny's story was the fact that the only character who could show anything like actual emotion, and also the character who was the designated "rule-breaker," was the robot.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I finally got around to trying Lords of the Fallen after grabbing it while it was free, and it's been a bit disappointing. The movement feels off somehow, what actually makes a backstab trigger is unclear, a lot of the interface feels awkward to use, and the bosses will regularly no-sell your attacks even when they aren't blocking. Plus the writing and character acting/animation are just bad.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

morallyobjected posted:

I just want to say my prophecy came true and the Cleric Beast wrecks my poo poo on a constant basis

Don't lock onto him unless you're trying to shoot him in the head. A lot of large bosses' movesets punish the way you tend to move when locked on, but can just about be walked through when you aren't.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

mycot posted:

SOTC had weird janky controls even for the time, I think you and the horse only ever vaguely move in the direction the stick is in.

Agro is smarter than both the main character and the player.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I'm a couple days into FFXV, and I found myself wondering why, despite all the jank, I was actually having a pretty good time. And then it hit me.

The sidequest system. The focus on a car as a means of transportation, but also allowing for fast travel. The rotating circular minimap with fixed main map. The loot having effects to make it stand out at a distance. The day/night cycle. The lovingly detailed food. The conversations that pop up as you're driving along. The hiding mechanics. QTE dodging. The overall plot being whatever but getting carried surprisingly well by the characters bouncing off of each other. Money not just dropping from enemies. The main character being a fan of fishing, with a bunch of different spots to fish and bait you need to buy because you lose it when the line breaks. The way the characters gesture. The bikini-clad gas station attendant who also washes your car.

This is not a Final Fantasy game.

It's Deadly Premonition 2.

F F ... In the coffee!

I knew I could count on it. It never fails

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Also that post comparing FFXV to Deadly Premonition: it took a few references before I figured out when Ignis was talking about how much he loves Ebony, they were talking about coffee. Game could use more coffee

I think there's some shop banter where they say that Ebony is a brand of coffee he really likes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Bastion had good endings as well.

TLG is overall not as good a game as SotC, but it still hits the right notes in terms of beautiful presentation and emotional resonance.

• Locked thread