Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

This OP loving sucks. Ps. Enable 2fa

Here's sony's customer support number
800-345-7669

Welcome to the PS4 thread!
FAQ is at the bottom of this post! Scroll down to the second post for info on current and upcoming games!

Latest Firmware: 1.75 (download here!)

Changes! Look at all these awesome and useful changes in the new firmware! :siren:

quote:

Sony’s released PS4 Firmeware Update 1.75, adding 3D Blu-ray support and more.

As well as 3D Blu-ray, sound quality has been improved for 1.5x playback of Blu-ray movies and DVDs. You can also set the console to automatically download Featured Content while the system is in standby mode.

And finally, for some reason, messages displayed in the top right of the screen have shifted over to the top left.
:what:

:siren: Post your PS4 streams here! :siren:
PS3 Hardware thread
PS3 Games thread
PS Vita thread
PSN Store thread

Goon PSN list
Want to mass-add goons from the goon list? Click here for instructions how! There's also a Webbased option from the same dude
#ps4goons IRC chatroom

What is the Playstation 4?
Do I really need to answer this question? Well, okay. The Playstation 4 (henceforth 'PS4') is Sony's entrant into the eighth console generation grudge match, squaring off against the Xbox One and the Wii U - well, okay, really just the Xbox One. Sorry Nintendo. :(

How is it different from a PS3?
After over 7 years on the market, the PS3 is practically ancient in technological terms, and the PS4 provides a generational leap in processing power over its predecessor. Tech specs are below, but specifically for you - this means bigger, more immersive worlds, sharper graphics, larger player counts (in online games), and numerous other improvements as developers learn their way around the new hardware. Also importantly, the PS4's simplified PC-like architecture represents a significant departure from the PS3's esoteric design, which will make life easier for developers and ease porting between platforms.

Specs!
  • The CPU and GPU are combined into a single package, referred to by manufacturer AMD as a 'APU' or 'accelerated processing unit'.
  • CPU: custom 8-core x86-64 processor based on AMD's 'Jaguar' design, rumored to be clocked at 1.6 GHz
  • GPU: custom Radeon GCN implementation consisting of 18 compute units, theoretical performance of 1.84 TFLOPS (somewhere between a Radeon HD 7850 and 7870)
  • Memory: 8 GB GDDR5, maximum bandwidth of 176 GB/s (~3 GB reportedly reserved by OS)
  • Storage: 6x Blu-ray drive, 500 GB 5400 RPM HDD (~60 GB reserved by OS)
  • I/O: 802.11 b/g/n Wifi (2.4 GHz only), Gigabit ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1, 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x proprietary 'Aux' port (for PS Camera), 1x HDMI port, 1x Toslink port

Accessories!
What would a new console be without new accessories?

Dualshock 4
The first truly significant redesign of the Dualshock since its debut 16 years ago, the Dualshock 4 includes several refinements over its predecessors:
  • Much-improved L2/R2 triggers (FINALLY)
  • Improved ergonomics (larger 'horns', analog sticks no longer convex)
  • Integrated, clickable touchpad
  • 'Light bar' on back of controller to identify players and detect location (similar to Move controllers)
  • 'Start' and 'Select' are no more! Their functionality has been integrated into the new 'Options' button
  • New 'Share' button used for sharing recorded gameplay to social media (details below)
  • Headphone/microphone jack on bottom of controller (supports voice chat OR full game audio)
  • Integrated speaker (similar to Wiimote)

Playstation Camera
Originally rumored to be a pack-in, the optional Playstation Camera provides support for social features such as video chatting and inserting your face into game streams, motion-based gaming features using the DS4 and Move controllers, and Kinect-style voice recognition features.

Other Accessories
  • Bluetooth headsets are currently not supported
  • USB headsets are supported (with firmware 1.5)
  • Dualshock 3/Sixaxis controllers are not supported
  • Move controllers are supported (with Playstation Camera)
  • Bluetooth and USB keyboards are supported. Mice of either flavor currently aren't supported.
  • PS3 Media remotes are not supported :argh:

Major Features
The PS4 has several headline features, detailed below:

PS Vita Remote Play
Long promised since the early days of the PSP and PS3 launches, remote play is finally delivering. Using Gaikai streaming technology, the PS4 compresses and streams video through your wireless LAN to your Vita (remote play over WAN currently not recommended), with little in the way of lag or compression (provided your Wifi signal is decent). Sony 'expects' most games to support the feature, with notable exceptions being games that require the camera or move controllers, etc. Notably, the streaming technology is built into the PS4 and Vita themselves and doesn't consume additional resources, so the only onus on developers is to reassign controls for the Vita's slightly altered control scheme (and various developers have described the process as rather easy and quick).

The Vita's 'PS4 Link' app (installed with Vita firmware 3.0) will also allow the device to function as a second screen for the PS4, similar to the Wii U gamepad. You can also use the Vita as a controller and even sign into your PS4 remotely if someone else is playing and play with them. If you're going to remote play it seems well known that the direct link blows no matter how close you are to your PS4 and you should play over WIFI.

Vita TV

The Vita TV is set to come out December 1st and aside from playing Vita games will include PS now and Remote Play: Stream most of your PS4 games from your PS4 system to your PlayStation TV over local wi-fi.

Gameplay Sharing

The PS4 has been designed to function as a permanent 'gaming DVR', in that it records gameplay as you play that can later be edited and posted to social media* by the user.
*At launch, only Facebook. Youtube is a planned feature this year

Notably, Sony has said that developers can disable certain portions of their games from being recorded (e.g., spoilerific endgame cutscenes), so you technically can't record EVERYTHING in a game. At present not enough games are out to determine how comprehensive this feature is.

The PS4 can also livestream gameplay to Twitch and Ustream, though at launch these sites will not archive your videos. If you have a Playstation Camera, you can also include a small superimposed video of your face for reaction shots while playing.

You can switch the functionality of the share button so it changes from press to bring up menu, hold to take screenshot to hold for menu, press for screenshot. It's definitely useful if you take a lot of screenshots.

:siren:You can now copy shared videos to a USB drive, so you can copy them to PC and upload to YouTube, just with an annoying extra step.:siren:

Play-As-You-Download
Day 1 Digital releases are a big deal now for Sony, but in realizing that many (or most!) next-gen games will be weighing in at a whopping 50+ GB, it was imperative that users not have to wait for the entire download to finish before playing. Now, the game will download a determined necessary amount to start gameplay, at which point you can begin playing while the download finishes in the background. Some games also allow you to choose which portion of the game you want to start playing first (e.g., single player or multiplayer).

This functionality also applies to disc-based games - after a minimal install period, you can start playing the game and the console will cache (install) the rest of the content in the background.

Playstation App for Phones/Tablets
Basically Sony's version of Smartglass, this app for iOS and Android devices gives you access to your friends list, What's New stream, trophies, and PSN store. The app also supports 'connect to PS4' functionality to provide second-screen experiences, though how this will be utilized is yet to be seen.

:siren: FAQ :siren:

What's this about busted PS4s?!
Like any major consumer electronics launch, there are going to be some bad apples in the millions of devices shipped. That said, even sites like Kotaku have had issues, with the culprit seeming to be the HDMI port. Details are scarce but Sony is 'looking into' the matter. In any case, all PS4s are covered with a year warranty so you'll be taken care of.
If you ARE having issues:

Sony Support line: 1-800-345-SONY

Can I replace the HDD? If so, what sizes are supported?
Yes! Like PS3, the PS4's HDD is user-replaceable, which is handy since next-gen games will probably fill up that 500 GB fast. The PS4 will support any 2.5", 9.5 mm (laptop-sized) HDD of a minimum capacity of 160 GB. Currently drives top out at 2 TB. SSDs are supported, though again, the minimum storage size is 160 GB, so don't hold hope of slapping your spare 128 GB drive in there.
Here's how to do the deed!

This redditor made a guide on installing a 2TB HD into the PS4

My share button doesn't work
Yeah, this is a common issue. It seems people have success hitting the share button and opening the menu then closing it out before they go and do something they might want to record.

Digital or physical?
Do you want to sell the game later? How often do you plan on playing it? How much bandwith do you have allotted? Realize some games have a size of up to 50gigs. Also keep in mind every game will install your HDD regardless and your PS4 will only use the disc to confirm it's a legit copy.

Do I have to connect my PS4 online?
Nope! The PS4 was designed to never require an internet connection. That said, by not going online you obviously miss out on all the benefits of services like PSN, multiplayer functionality, media streaming and so on. Note that enabling DVD and Blu-ray playback requires updating your console to 1.5 firmware (which can be installed via USB drive in safe mode) and a one-time connection online, but afterward you can watch all disc content offline.

Can I change my PSN name? I was young and stupid once, now I'm not
Nope. :( You're stuck with whatever you originally chose. The new PSN will allow you to display your real name (if you choose), but besides that your only option is to create a whole new PSN account.

Will there be colored Dualshock 4s?
Yes, the blue DS4

:siren: IS OUT NOW :siren:

As well as the camo one (:cripes:)

The white one comes September 9th. Which is when the Destiny white ps4/ds4 bundle comes out.

Can I upload to Youtube? Can I copy saved videos to my PC?
Youtube is a planned feature this year

:siren:You can now copy shared videos to a USB drive, so you can copy them to PC and upload to YouTube, just with an annoying extra step.:siren:

My monitor isn't HDCP compliant. What do I do?
Can be turned off in the OS

Is there any backwards compatibility?
As of right now backwards compatibility is only available through a streaming service known as PS Now

Can I plug headphones into my Dualshock 4 for game audio, and if so, how?
Yes! Any 1/8" set of headphones will work (though you'll need a pair with an integrated mic if you want to use chat as well). Hold the PS button, then select 'manage devices'. Note that this will also mute audio going to your TV/receiver.

What's the difference in 'standby' and fully powering down?
Standby is essentially a low-power mode that allows the PS4 to perform background functions while not being fully powered. In this mode, it can charge connected controllers, download and install system updates, and also be turned on by other devices (e.g., Vita remote play) - however, the PS4 still draws about 10 watts, which is a low but not insignificant amount. Fully powering down the console doesn't give any of this functionality but it will draw zero power, and this option also allows you to safely unplug and move the PS4 when needed.

For remote play, what does the 'connect directly' option do?
When selected, the PS4 itself will create a wifi connection directly with your PS Vita and skip your wireless router entirely. If you're a short range from your PS4 (e.g., in the same room or an adjoining room) this is generally the best option, but the range is also shorter. When disabled, your PS4 will relay its stream through your router and then to your Vita, which can give longer range but adds an extra step to the connection, possibly introducing additional input lag. Connecting your PS4 to your router with ethernet cable may aid in reducing said lag.

Is voice chat always enabled with the camera? If so, how do you disable it?
Yes, the camera's microphone can be used for voice chat, but for some reason Sony made it so that it's always on when the camera is plugged in, with no option to disable the mic. Currently the only solutions to muting yourself are to plug a headset into the controller, or create a party consisting only of yourself. Note - firmware 1.60 now allows you to mute the camera.

DS4 on windows?
These are the best drivers to use. Scroll down to 1.4.0.1. The guy updates it fairly often. It's extremely easy to use and you can use the touchpad as a mouse. It does mess with your pairing on your ps4 if you use it wirelessly but all you have to do is plug the DS4 into your controller with a usb cable.

Best headset?
The official Sony Gold headset is probably the best all around headset under $100 currently available and is completely wireless (mic and audio). It has a USB dongle that plugs into your PS4 so you do lose a slot. That USB dongle is also plug and play with PC and people say it works quite good work PC. You lose the surround sound though. It's on sale for $70 often. The mic is decent and it has an app on the PS4 for sound profiles. (Called headset companion) Most people seem to favor the Infamous SS profile but TLOU just released with a profile. Unfortunately you can only upload a sound profile by plugging it into the ps4. The golds also work fine for people with big heads and glasses wearers.

If you're on a budget the official Vita headphones have a mic that works with the DS4 and are about $10-14.

Most any set of earbuds/headphones will work but keep in mind for the mic to work they have to have 3, correct me on the word here, "flanges," or little lines/circles on the metal part that goes into the DS4. Apparently for headsets with a separate headphone/mic wire a Y-adapter will work. A USB mic will work with the PS4 as well.

Astro A50s are completely wireless for mic and audio as well but come at a premium. Your old Turtle Beaches or whatever will still work but you'll need an adapter to plug the mic into the DS4 controller. Unfortunately Sony still hasn't released bluetooth support for headsets/mics and it doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon. :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Xbone thumbstick mod

This is a really popular mod and pretty much all goons except for a select few seem to prefer the xbone sticks over the DS4 sticks.

Here's a guide

http://www.thedigitaldispatch.com/how-to-replace-your-dualshock-4-thumbsticks-with-xbox-one-thumbsticks/

Reddit thread

quote:

The only real difference between them is that the Xbox One sticks are taller but I think that only helps with aiming. The improved grip from concave sticks and the patterned finish around the edges alone is worth it. I also swapped in a much better battery while I was doing it, Sony really cheaped out on the DS4 battery, mine was a paltry 1000mAh compared to the DS3s 1800mAh.

Sticks were $2 and battery was $9, both on Ebay. The Xbox sticks fit perfectly on the DS4 by the way which is amusing. The spring came off my left trigger when I was taking the shell off the controller (did it too hard) but it was simple to fix.

You can also get the xbone sticks on amazon

Watch this video before you start the mod so you don't have to go back in and fix your touchpad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYi-iPrlG08

quote:

Yeah, it happens if you put the touch pad cable UNDER the bar that holds it, you have to put it OVER the bar. Not touching the touchpad because it can get pulled out of the touchpad and its sucks because it happened o me

End results

Controller accessories I don't need?

FPS Freeks are the best and well known to throw on your right stick for FPS games.

KELUX Thumb grips are another option to the FPS freeks and also not a bad idea to pick up if the rubber is wearing off.

Also grip-its and gel tabs

Here's a post with some stick cover reviews

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654982&perpage=40&pagenumber=104#post434005862

There's also a poo poo ton of LED sticker covers on ebay

:black101:

DS4 Charging stations

The Power A is by far the best option. However, if you want one that's really "drop-in" and don't mind a little dongle in the bottom of your controller the nyko one is a decent alternative

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Aug 28, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This months PS+ lineup (Store updated 1st Tuesday of every month)

Both regions apparently

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 28, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

ufarn posted:

Another question: what makes the third-party DS4 dock preferable to Sony's own?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get it in the US

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

nate fisher posted:

Also I'm not sure what the deal is, but I got a $90 bonus credit because the trade ins where used for Destiny.

GameStop has some ok deals sometimes. Right now I think they're doing 40% extra trade in towards poo poo like Diablo 3 and destiny and an extra $15 if you trade in any 2 ps4 or xbone games

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I played a poo poo ton of MW3 and BLOPS 2 (yeah I'll admit it!) But never bothered with ghosts. Hope Advanced Warfare is good(black ops guys, right?) Gonna get my xim4 and shoot dudes yeah go ahead and complain about it!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Sony PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (10029), Sony PlayStation 4 Camera (10040), or Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset (S4V-00001) for $39.99 AR + S&H (tigerdirect, mail in rebate)

Also an extra $15 off $100+ purchase. So I guess possibly $25 after all is said and done? Some people are saying that $15 coupon isn't working.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Aug 5, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

AngryBooch posted:

Nope, new guys. Sledgehammer has been added to the CoD rotation and it's their first CoD game where they're lead studio. Treyarch (Blops guys) will come up next year, followed by the ghost of Infinity Ward (although they did recently headhunt a couple Naughty Dog guys).

Ah ok forgot about that. A bit silly but regardless of the quality of any COD it's just printing money so what do they care

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone know any deals on pre-ordering Diablo 3 or the new COD? Seems everyone is pretty much giving out the same worthles pre-order bonuses. I know dell frequently does a pre-order get a $25 dell GC but I missed one it seems. Already pre-ordered Destiny through gamestop.

-edit DS4 for $45 (rakuten) and apparently

quote:

For new customers you can get an additional $10 off by using the code "WELCOME". I just bought for $35.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7112350-ps4-dualshock-4-wireless-controller-black-45-free-shipping

and in case you missed my previous post

Christoff posted:

Sony PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset (10029), Sony PlayStation 4 Camera (10040), or Microsoft Xbox One Stereo Headset (S4V-00001) for $39.99 AR + S&H (tigerdirect, mail in rebate)

Also an extra $15 off $100+ purchase. So I guess possibly $25 after all is said and done? Some people are saying that $15 coupon isn't working.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Aug 6, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

CheeseFactory posted:

God I hope they gently caress gamebyro right off for next gen systems, it's really showing it's age.

Well, I spent a good $400 on my PS4 between getting a new BenQ 1ms gaming monitor, xim4 and the wireless gold headset. The results are pretty amazing though.

For those interested, the xim4 works a lot better with the PS4 than the xim3 did with the PS3, it feel more responsive and more accurate. If anyone has questions about it let me know.

Wait hold up when did the xim4 come out?

I'm also curious about xbone sticks on the DS4. See it a lot on reedit. Might add it to OP. Apparently they're raised just a slight bit more than the DS4s. I have an FPS freek on the right one but might try xbone on the other one.

Why does the DS3 battery last longer and why didn't they just use that battery in the DS4? The battery life of the ds4 is pretty bad

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh I thought it was about replacing the DS4 battery which I swore I've read people do

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ah ok I assumed they weren't even out yet not their website is pretty poo poo. i thought I signed up for the email notification but I might have to again. Pretty excited regardless I used the poo poo out of my xim3 on Xbox. Not that it matters right now since the new COD isn't out as well as Destiny.

I think the xim3 was like $175 + $15 shipping :vince: least this is $125

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mustang posted:

Saw CoD Ghosts on sale for $19.99 when I stopped by the local Tiger Direct to see if they had any PS4 Gold headsets in stock(they didn't) so I grabbed a copy since I had enjoyed previous CoD games. God drat do I regret this purchase. By far the worst CoD game I have ever played. I've enjoyed all of Treyarchs CoD games but man Infinity Ward is downright terrible now.

Yeah I played a lot of MW3 and BLOPS2. Ghost looked good but I avoided it just because it was universally hated. I mean people complain about every COD but drat

Tora Tora Torrents posted:

There are third-party DS3 batteries that have a higher capacity than the stock DS3 or DS4 batteries.

Ah, ok. Got an amazon link or something maybe I can add to OP?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Anyone wanna sell me their copy of Rayman Legends?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yo a ton of poo poo in OP about thumb stick accessories and such. Probably going to add xbone ones here soon

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

^ you can pre-order them amazon September 9th same day as desinty bundle I think I linked it in OP

Here it is again

PlayStation 4 Dualshock 4 Wireless Controller (Glacier White) by Sony Computer Entertainment http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KVP76G0/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_ohq5tb0HVRCC1

The Gunslinger posted:

Oh and where the gently caress is standby resume/suspend for games?

So did they officially say that's coming or did some Sony dude ramble about it on twitter or what

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Mustang posted:

Not sure if I should grab a PS4 gold headset off of Amazon for $80 or wait and see if Tiger Direct gets more in stock for the rebate. Been checking everyday but nothing. My local Tiger Direct doesn't even seem to carry them at all, no price tag in store where all the other console stuff is but they have a bunch of PS3 elite headsets.

There seems to have been a ton of deals on then recently just check slickdeals.net

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

You should rock the regular tall FPS freek on the right stick at least IMO

Check out the kelux ones in the OP good reviews and goons have said good things about 'em. Especially if you have rubber peeling off issues. It *might* require you to glue them. I have some but haven't bothered to mess with them. Will post a trip report. Apparently the tallest is a good alternative to the FPS freek. It comes with a bunch of pieces anyways.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Pretty sure that works or a USB one?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah check my post history in this thread I posted some stuff not sure if they're still good. There was one to get like 3 for $50 off or something. Everyone should just watch slickdeals.net honest

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Undead Muppet posted:

Grip chat:

I received a set of the Kelux grips for my birthday

No issues with them popping off? Didn't have to glue them?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Think this was already posted but there was another TLOU patch

And if you don't mind getting Destiny late
Destiny Pre-Order (PS4 or Xbox One) + $25 Dell eGift Card $60 + Free Shipping

Hotline Miami coming to PS4 with cross-buy (if you have the ps3 or vita version you'll get it)

Apparently Diablo 3 is 60gb in EU and US is 28gb

In case you didn'y already know Diablo 3 will get patch support on ps4

Save $15 on any video game in stock priced $39.99 or higher when you buy any pre-order card for $1 at Target Stores 8/10 - 8/16

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 9, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Lblitzer posted:

Is this really a surprise in the last few years? Most games that are both console and PC usually have the same patch support, or am I just really naive?

Yeah as already said a lot of people claimed they weren't going to buy Diablo 3 because blizzard said it maybe probably might not get patch support

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Love hemorrhoids and numb legs

(I'm guilty and am making GBS threads as I type)

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

The vita KZ is better tbh and that's sad

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Kilometers Davis posted:

I'm really angry about how fun this looks. I had no interest in buying it and here we are. Ugh.

Thought the same thing about Ghosts...

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I bought Tearaway because all the praise it got in the vita thread but I found it boring and couldn't get into it at all.

Welp that's my story

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Rakuten Coupon: $15 Off $50+ Sitewide: PlayStation 4 DualShock 4 Controller $40 & More + Free Shipping (New Customers Only)

$40 DS4

Any of the Diablo 3 pre-orders worthwhile? Going to get it eventually anyways but not in a rush

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Fateo McMurray posted:

Last gen:
Fuckin' M$ putting ads all over the dash :argh:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ixqwOIByMAc

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

If for whatever reason you want a PS4 camera it's $43 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Camera/dp/B00BGAA3S2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408026808&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+camera

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Dork457 posted:

As far as games go, is Playroom still the only thing that uses it?

Uh, Just Dance? I know the VR poo poo is supposed to use it. And the whole streaming you doing weird poo poo in your living room or is that part of Playroom?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

mrEkli posted:

Sorry if this is adding too much to the fire but get this if you want to relieve some UI worries. Just say the game title (even partial, after pressing L2 or saying "PlayStation") and it jumps to it.

Any mic will do that though. But yeah the camera is always connected/on

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Just a reminder -

Save $15 on any video game in stock priced $39.99 or higher when you buy any pre-order card for $1 at Target Stores

I'm gonna try to get Rayman Legends for $25 and probably pre-order Diablo 3. Not sure if I'll actually pick it up but apparently you'll get a $5 voucher off that game that your $1 goes towards.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

There's lots of sites that easily let you make your own ps4 skin

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Very common deal but in case you were looking

Buy via ebay Sony PlayStation 4 Console $360 + Free Shipping

http://slickdeals.net/f/7134584-500gb-sony-playstation-4-console-359-99-with-free-shipping

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Skychrono posted:

Rayman Legends really hasn't been on sale yet? Crazy. I'm looking forward to that.

Christoff posted:

Just a reminder -

Save $15 on any video game in stock priced $39.99 or higher when you buy any pre-order card for $1 at Target Stores

I'm gonna try to get Rayman Legends for $25 and probably pre-order Diablo 3. Not sure if I'll actually pick it up but apparently you'll get a $5 voucher off that game that your $1 goes towards.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ape Agitator posted:

This is a very cool deal but my local Target didn't have preorder cards for Diablo at all, which was disappointing. Didn't seem to ever have them, not like they were out of stock.

They have them for any game? You don't have to buy said game you're just out a buck

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I don't get why people need so much convincing as to whether or not they should get x console. Isn't there enough info out there?

Somehow console vs PC always gets thrown around

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

But the PS4 is all indie games that are $1.50 on steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah you lose the surround sound features and profiles and such when connecting directly to an aux cable or PC I believe

• Locked thread